HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Supposedly HTC is skipping the 4.2.2 update in favor of the 4.3 update.

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/08/18/htc-one-developer-edition-to-jump-to-android-4-3-htc-aiming-to-update-u-s-models-by-end-of-september/

I'm not too bothered by this TBH, the phone still performs well. No lag, no glitches or weird things. I can be patient :P

-luis

uhhh.... two post up :P

Supposedly HTC is skipping the 4.2.2 update in favor of the 4.3 update.

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/08/18/htc-one-developer-edition-to-jump-to-android-4-3-htc-aiming-to-update-u-s-models-by-end-of-september/

I'm not too bothered by this TBH, the phone still performs well. No lag, no glitches or weird things. I can be patient :P

-luis

4.2.2 and 4.3 don't really bring features that the 4.1.3 already have or that I would use so waiting is not really a big deal for me.

What in the world is up with that square under the camera?

-Luis

Nvm I just looked it up, it's supposed to be a fingerprint scanner. It's hideous! 

No stylus like the HTC FLYER no deal! That size has to have a stylus. Anyone else think the Samsung Galaxy Mega is a waste?

I already posted about this in the HTC One Max thread...

And everyone is saying it is a fingerprint scanner. I personally think it could be a trackpad to make the phone usable with one hand. It might even do gesture control. That would be HTC's killer feature to the S-Pen. And then it can sell a pen as an accessory. There is also a smudge or something at the bottom of the photo. There might be a pen embedded in the phone that they don't want to show off just yet.

4.2.2 and 4.3 don't really bring features that the 4.1.3 already have or that I would use so waiting is not really a big deal for me.

I cannot wait for it simply to get rid of the * * * menu button at the bottoms of apps like, say, Facebook. Which I use more than I'd like to admit. 

Honestly? I'm afraid I'll break something, or get addicted. I can't afford either! Haha

Well, if you would like help (as in a can basically do it for you via Remote Desktop for Chrome) PM me. I've S-off'd and/or just rooted probably 100 (half a dozen remotely) phones between the OG EVO, EVO 3D, EVO LTE and now the One. I'd say I know what I'm doing at this point. :) Throw some d3rpONE Rom on the phone and you'll be very happy with no 3dot menu, HTC button as Menu and rock solid (as stock) performance.

If you are willing, it's the least I could do for all the time and effort you all put in around here.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Honestly? I'm afraid I'll break something, or get addicted. I can't afford either! Haha

Oh come on, just root the thing already.  With every phone I have owned I have always been addicted to flashing but honestly with the one I haven't found a need to flash as often if at all.  The phone runs incredibly smooth as is and I rooted just a for a few things here and there.

I cannot wait for it simply to get rid of the * * * menu button at the bottoms of apps like, say, Facebook. Which I use more than I'd like to admit. 

The Facebook app doesn't have a menu button anymore. The last update got rid of it, no?

True, but I really would like the advantages of 4.3, specially TRIM.

What is TRIM? Never head of it.

In computing, a TRIM command allows an operating system to inform a solid state drive  (SSD) which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped internally.

In other words, it helps combat fragmentation.  And Android 4.3 is the first version release that includes this feature. Finally!. :) 

• Like 1

Oh come on, just root the thing already.  With every phone I have owned I have always been addicted to flashing but honestly with the one I haven't found a need to flash as often if at all.  The phone runs incredibly smooth as is and I rooted just a for a few things here and there.

Haha, I'm working on it. I *think* I got stuff downloaded last night, but I haven't backed anything up yep.

The Facebook app doesn't have a menu button anymore. The last update got rid of it, no?

True, I just noticed that they did finally get rid of it. Must have been pretty recent. Still though, it's a problem on a lot of apps.

Got the new red today from Wirefly, and the SIM they sent me was defective :(  No 4G for me until they get another one out my way.  The phone is absolutely beautiful though, a lot less dull looking in person than the photos make it look.