HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I have to ask. Are any of you guys that own the One, owners of the EVO LTE. Do we have any opinions yet of the radio. Is it better that the LTE was? I love the look if this phone but I feel like a was sold a lemon with the LTE and likely never to buy another HTC device.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I have to ask. Are any of you guys that own the One, owners of the EVO LTE. Do we have any opinions yet of the radio. Is it better that the LTE was? I love the look if this phone but I feel like a was sold a lemon with the LTE and likely never to buy another HTC device.

From what it sounds like, the One is much better in regards to LTE. I've only seen one complaint about it being worse, and many about it being better. I won't get to try it out on LTE until next week, or sooner if Sprint is kind enough to light up a tower here in Springfield since they seem to be going all around.

Also, I never really experienced the LTE issues that others were having with the EVO, but that's probably because KC is a pretty solid Sprint market.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Sent from my HTC ONE

WAY BETTER

• Like 1

So i just got the one and im loving it! Noob question, with my onld phone i can turn the 4G on and off but i cant seem to find the option to do so.

You had an OG EVO or a 3D? Yeah 3G and 4G are on the same chip now so there's no need to turn off 4G. In the mobile data settings there is an option for network mode, which you can change to CDMA only, effectively turning off the scan for LTE. But there really is no battery life difference between CDMA/LTE mode and CDMA Only mode so I never change it even though I don't have LTE anywhere nearby.

Sent from my HTC ONE

You had an OG EVO or a 3D? Yeah 3G and 4G are on the same chip now so there's no need to turn off 4G. In the mobile data settings there is an option for network mode, which you can change to CDMA only, effectively turning off the scan for LTE. But there really is no battery life difference between CDMA/LTE mode and CDMA Only mode so I never change it even though I don't have LTE anywhere nearby.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I had a samsung epic 4g so going from that to the HTC one is very different! So its basically always searching for lte as long as its in CDMA/LTE mode

I had a samsung epic 4g so going from that to the HTC one is very different! So its basically always searching for lte as long as its in CDMA/LTE mode

Should've just said WiMax ha.

Not quite always searching. If it doesn't get an LTE hit for sometime, it tones down the scans. Most phones don't scan all that frequently anyway. Not enough to impact battery life. Unlike WiMax phones where the chip constantly sucked power whether you were connected or not.

Sent from my HTC ONE

must not be any properly configured lte towers where i live

It varies greatly depending geography, population density and your phone, but towers can cover anywhere from one block in densely populated cities to 10 miles on rural, flat highways.

Sent from my HTC ONE

LTE comparison between EVO (lack of lte) LTE , SSGS3, AND HTC ONE

all done at same location within a few cm

EVO lte= no 4g, 3g only (roaming at times LOL )

SSGS 3: 4g = 112dBm

HTC ONE: 4G= 116dBm (picked phone up, 4g dropped to 3g, sat it back down, 4g back on after a few min) <_<

***Will note that the speeds between the s3 and htc one were within .35mbps, even with lower signal ***

*all same tower and sector as far as i could tell*

• Like 3

HTC ONE: 4G= 116dBm (picked phone up, 4g dropped to 3g, sat it back down, 4g back on after a few min) <_<

***Will note that the speeds between the s3 and htc one were within .35mbps, even with lower signal ***

Thanks for this. I'm really looking forward on how well the receptions are between this phone and the s4.

So I returned the double dip case, and got the double dip flip one. I like it much better and I love the speaker cut outs. Personally this one feels much more of a professional case than the other one.

-Luis

I am really liking that double dip flip case and how professional it looks but I did here a few complaints that it doesn't fit quite right and if you take it off the wrong way it could potentially scratch the device. Anyway, if possible you should post some pics.

Anybody know how to make the emergency alert message get out of messages app

Sent from my HTC One

Long press on the thread from the main page, should give you an option to delete. However, they will come back next time it's used.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I am really liking that double dip flip case and how professional it looks but I did here a few complaints that it doesn't fit quite right and if you take it off the wrong way it could potentially scratch the device. Anyway, if possible you should post some pics.

I could only uploaded two cause the pictures are way too big, but I hope these links work:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfjygx/5

http://tinypic.com/r/b8ris/5

http://tinypic.com/r/smedmt/5

The feel of this case feel much better than the Double Dip, plus the Double Dip creaked a lot! It was rather annoying to have it creak every time that I held the phone.

As far as the fit, this one feels more snug than the Double Dip, the reviewers probably got early ones, but it fits like a glove on mines.

-Luis

post-1959-0-77452700-1367096009_thumb.jpg

post-1959-0-93536500-1367096022_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Quick question, does anyone else have the MEID DEC sticker on the back of their phones on top of the Beats Logo?

I don't really mind it, I asked a rep if I could remove it and I was told that I shouldn't. What do you guys think?

-Luis

Pull it off, but I kept mine with the box.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2.

Quick question, does anyone else have the MEID DEC sticker on the back of their phones on top of the Beats Logo?

I don't really mind it, I asked a rep if I could remove it and I was told that I shouldn't. What do you guys think?

-Luis

I took it off and stuck it to the box the phone came in. No way I'm leaving that on there.

Quick question, does anyone else have the MEID DEC sticker on the back of their phones on top of the Beats Logo? I don't really mind it, I asked a rep if I could remove it and I was told that I shouldn't. What do you guys think? -Luis

Yes, that's your phone ID. Its usually behind the battery but since there is no part to remove they just stick in on the back.

I could only uploaded two cause the pictures are way too big, but I hope these links work:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfjygx/5

http://tinypic.com/r/b8ris/5

http://tinypic.com/r/smedmt/5

The feel of this case feel much better than the Double Dip, plus the Double Dip creaked a lot! It was rather annoying to have it creak every time that I held the phone.

As far as the fit, this one feels more snug than the Double Dip, the reviewers probably got early ones, but it fits like a glove on mines.

-Luis

That is a very nice looking case, I may have to reconsider. Its funny though, I can easily go and spend full retail on a phone but never want to spend no more than $10 on a case. I have a clear tpu case on my One right now since I didn't want to hide the design of the phone but this double dip flip is very attractive.

I took it off and stuck it to the box the phone came in. No way I'm leaving that on there.

I left mine on, guess I should probably take it off.

• Like 1

That is a very nice looking case, I may have to reconsider. Its funny though, I can easily go and spend full retail on a phone but never want to spend no more than $10 on a case. I have a clear tpu case on my One right now since I didn't want to hide the design of the phone but this double dip flip is very attractive.

I say go for it, I think phonedog said a good quote, when you get something really nice you want to have all the parts from the same manufacturer. Or something like that, you get the idea. Plus if you don't like you can always return it :-P

-Luis

same here man...Im trying to look for as much information as I can on this issue with 4G dropping back to 3G..Can this be fixed with a software update or is it simply the nature of this phone due to hardware? My Note II will hold 4G in the same spots my HTC One will lose it..I only have a few days left in my 14 to return this phone..But im getting aggravated seeing 4G drop consistently all day..If 3G wasn't so bad I wouldn't care..Hope to get any info on this with you guys.