HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Is there any "smart settings" feature I can use on this phone? For example, to automatically turn off Wifi when I get to the office and turn it on when I leave?

Is there any "smart settings" feature I can use on this phone? For example, to automatically turn off Wifi when I get to the office and turn it on when I leave?

I believe tasker can do that for you, but I haven't ever played around with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2.

Quick question. I ordered my phone from costco and i was wondering if it comes with the bloat ware or does it have to be downloaded?

It has to be downloaded. When setting up the phone it will ask you to download some kind of sprint package which includes all the usual sprint apps, if you say yes it will download and install all of those apps. You could always uninstall them if you every inadvertently downloaded them.

It has to be downloaded. When setting up the phone it will ask you to download some kind of sprint package which includes all the usual sprint apps, if you say yes it will download and install all of those apps. You could always uninstall them if you every inadvertently downloaded them.

I see. I have the Samsung Epic 4g and i cant get rid of some apps. Did they change this for the One? Also is it just sprint apps or does it have any sprint network data? Sorry for all the questions, just wondering if i should even bother getting it.

I'm sure the LTE coverage is very good, or Sprint wouldn't have launched. But if you look at the number of completed towers in the city, vs the number of towers that actually cover the city, the number of towers currently complete is likely only between 30 and 50%.

Are the numbers are broken down for the city or the market?

In the NV thread, it's by market but I was comparing maps inside the interstate loops of the market towers, and NV compete towers.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Hmmmm. Looking at Sensorly would indicate a much higher than 50% completion for the city. But thats just my opinion.

Hmmmm. Looking at Sensorly would indicate a much higher than 50% completion for the city. But thats just my opinion.

Don't forget that one tower configured properly can cover 8+ miles. But you're a sponsor, you can compare the maps yourself.

I believe tasker can do that for you, but I haven't ever played around with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2.

I was thinking more of something baked into Sense or Jellybean, but that might work.

Has anybody else had issues with pressing the back button sometimes. And also what exactly is that enhanced gps

Sent from my HTC One

Both buttons seem to have a somewhat small target region; I imagine I'll get used to it over time.

I don't know what the Qualcomm GPS thing is, but I opted out and there's nothing wrong with my GPS performance that I've noticed.

This Note is a listing of every single Protection Site in America (work in progress) and a confirmation whether it is working or not. This note will be updated daily as information changes and/or is discovered. Do your part! If you live in or near one of the areas needing confirmation, confirm the signal and post results to Sensorly website via their Android app and post in this forum. Thanks!!!

Exactly what jsa said very small target, you have to push it dead on and it just throws me off

Sent from my HTC One

• Like 1

Don't forget that one tower configured properly can cover 8+ miles. But you're a sponsor, you can compare the maps yourself.

Wow. It does indeed look to be about 50% deployed. So does that mean that the towers are at little to no downtilt? I ask because there seems to be conflicting opinions concerning this.

Wow. It does indeed look to be about 50% deployed. So does that mean that the towers are at little to no downtilt? I ask because there seems to be conflicting opinions concerning this.

We know that the new panels are remotely adjustable up to 10 degrees, so I believe they are being set 10 degrees higher than their planned final point. That way an additional visit to the site isn't needed. I don't believe they are set to 0 downtilt.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

I believe they are set as designed for all sites to be active. For instance one site I know of doesn't have a nearby site it's north and the signal travels very far. It has a nearby site to its west and North. The signal distance on the north side is horrible. To be honest the site to the north will not cover that at all leaving a huge gap. The RF design in many areas seems to have been completed by some intern who was too busy playing on Facebook to realize their mistakes. So all in all I do agree on the sites being rolled out today not being set to zero downtilt unless of course that is the design for the site.

Sent from my little Note2

I believe they are set as designed for all sites to be active. For instance one site I know of doesn't have a nearby site it's north and the signal travels very far. It has a nearby site to its west and North. The signal distance on the north side is horrible. To be honest the site to the north will not cover that at all leaving a huge gap. The RF design in many areas seems to have been completed by some intern who was too busy playing on Facebook to realize their mistakes. So all in all I do agree on the sites being rolled out today not being set to zero downtilt unless of course that is the design for the site.

Sent from my little Note2

Maybe it varies by contractor? In KC, the coverage from one site would change as additional sites came online. I don't know if it was just interference, or a physical change in downtilt.

Fracking sprint wants me to keep installing it's default co configuration how can I make it stop

Sent from my HTC One

this has yet to happen to me. I uninstalled a bunch if sprint apps, maybe I uninstalled the one that gives you that notification.

-Luis

You can use NFC tags. I have one in my office, one in my car, and one on the door jamb of my house to change various settings depending on where I am. I've read Tasker will perform just about any task (get it?) you can think of when you want it done. I know for NFC tags to toggle GPS you have to be rooted. I don't know if this is true for Tasker.

• Like 2

You can use NFC tags. I have one in my office, one in my car, and one on the door jamb of my house to change various settings depending on where I am. I've read Tasker will perform just about any task (get it?) you can think of when you want it done. I know for NFC tags to toggle GPS you have to be rooted. I don't know if this is true for Tasker.

I'm actually looking into getting NFC tags, but then I read online that not all tags work for all phones. So now I'm just looking for a tag that is compatible with the HTC ONE.

-Luis

I love this idea! Are they cheap? I guess I can Google that. I actually saw this idea the other day on YouTube, but subsequently forgot it. Seems like it would be better than having something running down my battery, which I've found needs to be coddled.

I'm actually looking into getting NFC tags, but then I read online that not all tags work for all phones. So now I'm just looking for a tag that is compatible with the HTC ONE.

I ordered two different brands. One name brand expensive, and one bargain basement brand and they both work fine. I know there are differences in data capacities, but simple toggle commands require very few Kb's. There are also differences in the material from which the tag is made. If you're going to put one outside, or on your car get waterproof ones.

• Like 1