HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Quick question, does anyone else have the MEID DEC sticker on the back of their phones on top of the Beats Logo?

I don't really mind it, I asked a rep if I could remove it and I was told that I shouldn't. What do you guys think?

Do so at your own risk. If you do, you may be subject to arrest by the mattress tag police.

AJ

• Like 10

Few questions - how do i turn off the phone asking me to connect to a wi-fi network all the damn time. Also is their a way to play gifs on this thing?

Gifs, stock browser >> settings >> advanced >> enable gif animation

Sent from my HTC ONE

same here man...Im trying to look for as much information as I can on this issue with 4G dropping back to 3G..Can this be fixed with a software update or is it simply the nature of this phone due to hardware? My Note II will hold 4G in the same spots my HTC One will lose it..I only have a few days left in my 14 to return this phone..But im getting aggravated seeing 4G drop consistently all day..If 3G wasn't so bad I wouldn't care..Hope to get any info on this with you guys.

Are you holding it in your left hand by any chance?

Are you holding it in your left hand by any chance?

Left hand,right hand,Lobster claw holding it with my thumb and index finger on the sides..Doesn't matter how I hold it but as soon as it starts to do anything with data it will fall back to 3G..It's so hard to actually have this thing back to stock and ready to bring back in the morning..It sure is one heck of a phone from HTC..I just cant risk 2 years and gamble on better LTE Coverage at 1900 to fix it..If i hear or see anything of an update that's made to resolve this issue i will surely buy it again..Until then it's back to the Note 2

• Like 1

Me and my girl aren't having any issues with our Ones's, I will probably go to sprint tomorrow to check the gs4 anyway but a lot of people over on xda are complaining(and admitting) that its not anywhere as snappy as the One.

Left hand,right hand,Lobster claw holding it with my thumb and index finger on the sides..Doesn't matter how I hold it but as soon as it starts to do anything with data it will fall back to 3G..It's so hard to actually have this thing back to stock and ready to bring back in the morning..It sure is one heck of a phone from HTC..I just cant risk 2 years and gamble on better LTE Coverage at 1900 to fix it..If i hear or see anything of an update that's made to resolve this issue i will surely buy it again..Until then it's back to the Note 2

By chance, what hardware version do you have?

By chance, what hardware version do you have?

Hardware version is 004

I wont take an S4 even if they offer it to me..I have a Note II which was fine before i even got the One..But man the One was/is so smooth..And I hate to say it but not having the stupid controller app is going to suck..That thing was awesome.

Does having a case on the phone help? Don't know if that was already answered.

I've tried using a case when I'm in my kitchen and it does seem to make a difference. With the case on I get 3 bars of signal. Whenever I take the case off and hold the phone normally it drops immediately down to 1 bar. If I hold it with both hands I completely lose signal. I'll take some screenshots later of the signal strength with and without the case.

-Luis

Here are the screenshots of signal:

With the case: http://tinypic.com/r/5ej29i/5

Without the case, holding with one hand: http://tinypic.com/r/xav1ow/5

Without the case, holding with both hands: http://tinypic.com/r/zwc9hc/5

In the last one, I noticed that it drastically affects WiFi signal.

Hope this helps :)

I've tried using a case when I'm in my kitchen and it does seem to make a difference. With the case on I get 3 bars of signal. Whenever I take the case off and hold the phone normally it drops immediately down to 1 bar. If I hold it with both hands I completely lose signal. I'll take some screenshots later of the signal strength with and without the case.

-Luis

Here are the screenshots of signal:

With the case: http://tinypic.com/r/5ej29i/5

Without the case, holding with one hand: http://tinypic.com/r/xav1ow/5

Without the case, holding with both hands: http://tinypic.com/r/zwc9hc/5

In the last one, I noticed that it drastically affects WiFi signal.

Hope this helps :)

Thats so weird, i got mine from Costco and it came with this gel type case, but if it affects the signal that much then im glad i got it O_o

Thats so weird, i got mine from Costco and it came with this gel type case, but if it affects the signal that much then im glad i got it O_o

this is just pure observation, but I'd say it has to do with the unibody construction. Although there are plastic strips, since the antennas are the metal parts touching them directly affects signal. It's probably the same exact thing that happened with the iPhone 4 with the antenna outside of the phone. In any case I've used the phone without the case in places where I only have one bar if signal (elevators at work) and I've never experienced any loss of voice quality at all. I've managed to make calls even with no bars at times, other times it just won't connect and hang there for a while. If you don't want to cover up the phone then I say try and experiment with calls to see if the phone will still work.

-Luis

Below is a video from YouTube demonstrating the death grip.

I've yet to experience anything that drastic. Someone commented that it seems to be a left-handed issue and the video shows the left hand. Maybe there is some truth behind that.

-Luis

It's not just a grip problem. Yesterday driving across the state I had my phone on the center console. There was one section where Sensorly indicated coverage but despite repeated attempts I couldn't connect to LTE, even at its strongest point. Other than that, where signal is strong I've been able to keep and hold an LTE signal, but it will drop fairly quickly in fringe areas. There are big sections of Polk Parkway and I-4 where there's light purple but I couldn't maintain an LTE connection.

I've yet to experience anything that drastic. Someone commented that it seems to be a left-handed issue and the video shows the left hand. Maybe there is some truth behind that.

-Luis

That's what I have been guessing since tampaflusa mentioned that he held it in his left hand.

Well, the phone whore in me forced me to get a gs4 this morning. So I have an HTC One on one line and a GS4 on the other, will run as many comparative tests as I can.

• Like 8

Here's my problem with the death grip complaint. You really have to tuck the phone into your palm deep to make it do it. And surprise surprise when you block the antennas signal will drop. I don't think it's a problem it's just something to gossip about

Sent from my HTC One

Here's my problem with the death grip complaint. You really have to tuck the phone into your palm deep to make it do it. And surprise surprise when you block the antennas signal will drop. I don't think it's a problem it's just something to gossip about

Sent from my HTC One

this is very true, in the pictures I posted earlier to make the signal completely go to 0 bars I held the whole back of the phone. It's definitely a death grip but I don't ever use my phone like that.

-Luis

• Like 2