HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I cant find any info on this, what i want to do is move my home screen in between two other screens. So what i do is get into the edit screen and i can add new panels and pick old ones up but when i try to set them in a different spot it goes right back to where it was before! help?

I cant find any info on this, what i want to do is move my home screen in between two other screens. So what i do is get into the edit screen and i can add new panels and pick old ones up but when i try to set them in a different spot it goes right back to where it was before! help?

Same here. I think the only function of being able to move them is to drag to the "Set as Home" and "Remove" buttons.

Same here. I think the only function of being able to move them is to drag to the "Set as Home" and "Remove" buttons.

Use nova launcher problem solved lol

Sent from my HTC One

Lol set the middle screen as the default and put your apps and/or widgets on that screen. You can't move screens around in Sense 5.

Lol set the middle screen as the default and put your apps and/or widgets on that screen. You can't move screens around in Sense 5.

Ah, well that's stupid.

Another question, is the HTC One MHL compatible? Im looking at getting a cable to hook it up to my tv and i was wondering if it was.

That stinks. In Sense 4+ you can move screens around but you can't set other screens as home. Weird.

Ah, well that's stupid.

Another question, is the HTC One MHL compatible? Im looking at getting a cable to hook it up to my tv and i was wondering if it was.

I personally have never used it but HTC's spec sheet on their website does indeed list MHL connectivity.

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one/#specs

I'm kind of having to double post this here and in the S4 forum - but can anyone give me an idea how the reception on this phone is, particularly compared to the S3? My workplace is basically at the furthest distance between two towers, and when I went from a Photon 4G to my current S3 I had a (fully anticipated) drop in 3G reception.

Considering upgrading to an S4 or HTC One, almost entirely dependent on if either of them manage to pull in a stronger 3G signal when on the outskirts of a coverage area.

I'm kind of having to double post this here and in the S4 forum - but can anyone give me an idea how the reception on this phone is, particularly compared to the S3? My workplace is basically at the furthest distance between two towers, and when I went from a Photon 4G to my current S3 I had a (fully anticipated) drop in 3G reception.

Considering upgrading to an S4 or HTC One, almost entirely dependent on if either of them manage to pull in a stronger 3G signal when on the outskirts of a coverage area.

Just a recap of my own personal experience with using both devices at the same time at the same locations. With that being said, I think the photon like most other motorola devices are RF beasts and I don't think the One or S4 will be as good when compared to the photon. But the only way to make any kind of determination is going by your own personal experience with either device and making your own real world judgement.

Ok just left walmart and basically performance was the same on both devices. As we headed to the back of the store both phones dropped to 3g but once we got back to within a few feet of the registers both phones connected right back to 4g just fine. We are on our way to my girlfriends dads house now, he lives in an area where the signal isn't quite the best so this should give me a decent idea of how both phones will perform under below average conditions.

I just spent the last 48+ hours spending quality time with both the One and GS4 and as far as rf performance I really didn't see any noticeable real world differences between the two. Yesterday I was at my girlfriends dads house and both phones stayed connected to a very weak but usuable lte connection and they both disconnected once I went down into the basement and both phones reconnected once I came back upstairs. I also previously posted about my experience going into walmart. I know some people are experiencing issues with this whole "antenna gate aka holding it wrong issue" but its not enough for me to get frustrated with the device. Yes it does happen to me as well when the phone is not in a case while covering the entire back of the phone with both hands but its not as bad as some of the videos I have seen on youtube, also keep in mind that all phones have some sort of death grip. Anyway, just using the device as intended hasn't yielded any issues at all. I did notice that my GS4 was running slightly warmer than my One when the signal was low.

• Like 1

Just a recap of my own personal experience with using both devices at the same time at the same locations. With that being said, I think the photon like most other motorola devices are RF beasts and I don't think the One or S4 will be as good when compared to the photon. But the only way to make any kind of determination is going by your own personal experience with either device and making your own real world judgement.

Thanks, I did read your original posts and found them helpful but since they didn't reference the S3, it made it hard to make the comparison - if neither the One or S4 have a noticeable improvement over the S3 I'd probably just wait to see what Motorola comes up with next, or wait until the next generation of phones. I wouldn't expect either phone to match the Photon, but even something between the S3 and Photon would probably be enough of an improvement to make a difference for me (I'm lucky if I break 100kbps at work and my 3G drops to 1x (or no signal) if I move my phone).

Knowing your One ran slightly cooler in a low signal area was helpful though, since one thing I struggle with is the S3 running warm in low signal areas (ie: at work), and the heat (in conjunction with the weak signal it's fighting for) resulting in an annoyingly quick battery drain.

Just my 'two-cents'...

I have now had the HTC One for a close to two weeks, and I am VERY Pleased. The processor is totally awesome! No Lag. Also, while I am picking up some of the 4G LTE goodness, the 3G seems to be working fast too.

As for 'Blink Feed', I have really grown to like it. I really love that the articles presented ate just enough to give you the main information, but not so long as to start to bore me. The any annoyances is that I cannot change the 'minimalist' Weather and Time Widget on the 'Blink Feed' screen. I know HTC is trying to go with something simple, but honestly it Weather portion of the Widget looks like a Child's drawing. I would love to switch it out with a more traditional version of the Sense Weather and Time Widget.

Anyways, as others have mentioned, the keyboard is really easy to use, the screen resolution is awesome, and the sound is great. The 'Beats Audio' kicking-in even makes apps such as the Scout Navigation app sound good.

All-in-All, I am VERY Pleased with the phone! A big difference from my previous OG EVO.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 6

I couldn't resist and I couldn't pass down this deal.. Some one was selling the HTC One on craigslist for $425(already a great deal)..Sold him one of my Evo LTE's($175) and got his one for $250..Don't know why he was looking for an Evo so bad but the ESN is clean on this HTC One and its been in service and running now for the passed 4 hours..So im back on the One and my upgrade is still intact and i didn't have to extend for another 2 years..I can prob. deal with the 4G issues I was having a little better now.

• Like 4

With Costco having a pretty good deal on the HTC One, and the trade in deal, and selling my SIII to basically recoupe what I paid for it (and then some) I bit the HTC One bullet last night...

First impressions are I do miss a few S3 "bonuses" - volume rocker song skipping, LED notifications when charging - but, and this is entirely random at this point, this morning at work where I struggle with signal the most, and despite having the "same number of bars" as my SIII, most of the morning I've pulled in 300kbps - 700kbps pretty regularly, compared to fighting for 100kbps with the S3.

Sadly I wasn't smart enough to think ahead and do some actual radio tests on the S3 for hard data, but if this week and next I can manage to maintain this kind of speed in a weak signal area, that's a winner for me. (Even if the S4 had matching signal strength, I'd rather have the Ones speakers, and I find Samsungs extra software "features" often causes occasional lagging\choppiness in things like PSX emulation).

Update: Bah, this afternoon in the exact same spot I'm back in the land of stuck-on-1x. Sad :(

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to test out the microphones under extremely loud conditions?

No, but I'm dying to get to a concert and take some video.

I'm thinking about not using a case on my one has anyone had any issues with the back getting scratched up?

Sent from my HTC One

I haven't been using a case and the back is not scratched up. A couple of times I thought I had scratched it, but it was just residue from whatever it was rubbing against. It wiped right off.

On the other hand, there is what looks to be a plastic trim piece on either side of the front of the phone; that has a couple of minor dents that aren't all that upsetting.

I haven't been using a case and the back is not scratched up. A couple of times I thought I had scratched it, but it was just residue from whatever it was rubbing against. It wiped right off.

On the other hand, there is what looks to be a plastic trim piece on either side of the front of the phone; that has a couple of minor dents that aren't all that upsetting.

I noticed that on the LTEVO also where it looked like my keys had scracthed the speaker area on the phone and it rubbed right off as if there was no scratch. I'm thinking it is something in the anodization process of the aluminum. I know we do chemical treatments on our aluminum work. However i'm sure a severe scratch that is significant to cut under the anodized aluminum will show as a scratch.

I couldn't resist and I couldn't pass down this deal.. Some one was selling the HTC One on craigslist for $425(already a great deal)..Sold him one of my Evo LTE's($175) and got his one for $250..Don't know why he was looking for an Evo so bad but the ESN is clean on this HTC One and its been in service and running now for the passed 4 hours..So im back on the One and my upgrade is still intact and i didn't have to extend for another 2 years..I can prob. deal with the 4G issues I was having a little better now.

Dang that's a great deal. Lucky!

Has anyone noticed the screen does an interesting contrast change when in direct sunlight. I saw it happen yesterday when I was outside photographing, when I put my hand over the proximity sensor, to see the phone better, the contrast changed the colors became a little more dull. When I removed my hand from the proximity sensor the colors became brighter, and the contrast was more dramatic. I had the phone at 50% brightness so it wasn't the brightness going up.

I thought it was interesting, and what probably lends to the phones readability in direct sunlight.

-Luis