Dish Network proposes merger with Sprint Nextel for $25.5 billion

PythonFanPA

I don't think the unpaired 700mhz spectrum is THAT valuable.

The merger proposal FAQ states that Dish's Lower 700 MHz E block 6 MHz unpaired spectrum would/will be used for mobile video.

AJ

This is great for my Sprint stock, but I was really looking forward to Softbank completing the merger and shaking up the US market with low prices and unlimited data. If Dish succeeds, there will not be any shakeup in the industry......

The SoftBank deal is a CASH infusion to help Sprint pay down debt and increase services....The Dish deal would use all the cash on the balance sheet and add more debt to the already in debt Sprint.

• Like 2

How long before we can expect a response from the Sprint BoD?

Personally, I hope it's a no vote. It wouldn't be a big attention-grabbing proposal without a few days for the media to swarm and speculate though...so I hope we know something by Friday...

Jeebus, what's next, DQ offers a $30 Billion offer(mostly in stock/bonds & Blizzards)?

I believe that Sprint should proceed with Son's offer, not do to Charlie's antics, but due to more cash & less debt.

• Like 6

All we need now is for google or apple to step in and drop the big bomb.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 2

I go on vacation, and this is the first thing I read when I get back. Oh, my God, no. This is conceivably the worst thing for Sprint. It would be better to go it alone than to be owned by Charlie. Charlie will destroy anything and everything at Sprint, both good and bad. And the debt burden would be very unwieldy. Making it difficult to spend the capex in the future necessary to stay competitive in the future. Ergen can't handle dynamic competition. He's used to a duopoly.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 25

Jeebus, what's next, DQ offers a $30 Billion offer(mostly in stock/bonds & Blizzards)?

Somebody is stealing my ideas...

Every smartphone activation comes with one ten thousandth of a share of Berkshire Hathaway stock and a free medium Dairy Queen Blizzard.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1727-fcc-rules-that-verizon-wireless-cannot-charge-extra-for-tethering/page__view__findpost__p__36614

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Softbanks offer is entirely paid for by debt as well though. Whats the difference, Softbank is leveraged to their eyeballs already. The spectrum holdings of a Dish/Sprint makes me excited, in the end possibly owned (not leased) spectrum exceeding all other U.S. carriers.

*Edit*

I am very concerned with Dish management though, they would be wise to keep most/all/Hesse to manage Sprint.

http://www.androidce...55-billion-deal

45 MHZ spectrum anyone?

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

Not so sure. If that deal goes through Dish Network's management would be in charge which will probably be the end of the Dan Hesse era and we don't know what will happen to Network Vision, future devices, prices, etc. if they get their hands on Sprint's network at that point. But I will have to wait until more details arise to know how I would feel about it.

Not so sure. If that deal goes through Dish Network's management would be in charge which will probably be the end of the Dan Hesse era and we don't know what will happen to Network Vision, future devices, prices, etc. if they get their hands on Sprint's network at that point.

What would be the advantages of screwing with NV?

What would be the advantages of screwing with NV?

Maybe them not having to invest the money to finish it, or investing less money so that it takes longer.

I just think Dish is very shady seeing as how they were trash talking Sprint a couple months ago when they were battling over who gets Clearwire, now all of a sudden they want to merge with Sprint. I'm a bit skeptical that's all.

I go on vacation, and this is the first thing I read when I get back. Oh, my God, no. This is conceivably the worst thing for Sprint. It would be better to go it alone than to be owned by Charlie. Charlie will destroy anything and everything at Sprint, both good and bad. And the debt burden would be very unwieldy. Making it difficult to spend the capex in the future necessary to stay competitive in the future. Ergen can't handle dynamic competition. He's used to a duopoly.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Charlie is a greedy bastard, he will impose data caps and will fleece every last penny from Sprint subs...

• Like 3

Softbanks offer is entirely paid for by debt as well though. Whats the difference, Softbank is leveraged to their eyeballs already. The spectrum holdings of a Dish/Sprint makes me excited, in the end possibly owned (not leased) spectrum exceeding all other U.S. carriers.

*Edit*

I am very concerned with Dish management though, they would be wise to keep most/all/Hesse to manage Sprint.

The issue is that if the deal goes through, Hesse and his team are almost assuredly out the door.

All we need now is for google or apple to step in and drop the big bomb.

I'm all for the Google offer. If Apple were to make an offer and succeed I'd leave Sprint.

• Like 10

I'm all for the Google offer. If Apple were to make an offer and succeed I'd leave Sprint.

This is dreaming, why would ATT/Verizon/Tmobile Sell a phone made by a direct competitor to their business. And why would two high margin businesses want to get involved in the low margin/low growth cut throat wireless business.

<br /><br />This is dreaming, why would ATT/Verizon/Tmobile Sell a phone made by a direct competitor to their business. And why would two high margin businesses want to get involved in the low margin/low growth cut throat wireless business.
<br /><br />Um...I think you missed the implied tone of sarcasm.<br /><br />Edit: Then again, why does Apple sell phones with Google Maps
  • Like 1