Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

AND there's also signs of more new Sensorly hot steaming purple action in Eagan near yet another office of my company: if anyone is familiar with the Lebanon Hills mountain bike trail there's some purple that shows along a line roughly following South Robert Trail.

So it's basically straight south from Cliff Road and South Robert Trail south until a little south past 125 St. W and makes it almost to Kegan Lake.

I've ridden my mountain bike at that park but sometimes would walk around the trails on my lunch hour when working at the office near there. Nice to know I could get LTE while doing so.

I see a couple other spots but I'll leave that for another day.

I see my purple DID show up on the sensorly map (along 86th street in Bloomington) but only when zoomed in fairly tight. It's obvious that not all zoom levels get updated equally. Weird.

I've noticed that too - usually over time it fills in at all zoom levels. But sometimes you have to zoom way in to see anything. That's way sometimes I zoom in on an area where there isn't anything but then I find something. Odd but...

For what it's worth I was able to get that LTE signal until just past the new Cedar Avenue Bridge going westbound - right at the intersection involving old Cedar Avenue.

Out of the blue with no notice a few weeks back, an LTE site showed up in the forums maps. I went to the part of St. Cloud, MN where the tower is located and sure enough, connected to LTE. What I don't understand is why they rollout one tower in a town, but then don't add anymore anytime in the near future. For example, there has been one tower live in Monticello, MN for the past 3-4 months, but there have been no other new ones since then. What is the point of deploying LTE on one tower in a market, but no others?

Out of the blue with no notice a few weeks back, an LTE site showed up in the forums maps. I went to the part of St. Cloud, MN where the tower is located and sure enough, connected to LTE. What I don't understand is why they rollout one tower in a town, but then don't add anymore anytime in the near future. For example, there has been one tower live in Monticello, MN for the past 3-4 months, but there have been no other new ones since then. What is the point of deploying LTE on one tower in a market, but no others?

The Minnesota market thread is here

http://s4gru.com/ind...s/page__st__480

Why they are currently deploying LTE on one site and not on another site has already been discussed in great detail throughout this site.

I think its because Sprint wants to let customers know that there is progress being made in that market. This is why when a NV tower whether it is 3G only improvements or 4G LTE ready, the tower goes live so that customers can take advantage of it right away. Also I assume Sprint wants the site to go live as soon as it can just to see how the NV tower behaves once Sprint customers begin to use it and put some stress on it for performance metrics.

Every cell site is different and the cell sites around that area may not have been approved for permitting or completed yet.

There is no rhyme or reason for which tower gets upgraded first. It's all determined by backhaul availability, which is out of Sprint's hands. Sprint is jumping on each tower as soon as its ready. Rather than sit and wait for all the towers to be ready in one particular area, they are sending out the crews as soon as they can. This makes the build-out seem rather haphazard, but it actually makes the project go faster in the long run.

• Like 1

The following is a part of an email received by some businesses in the MN area. The dates affected are March 20 to April 10.

Sprint Nextel will be performing network maintenance to ensure the continued reliability of your services. A description of the impact is listed below:

Maintenance Description: Sprint will be performing a Network Deployment Scheduled Maintenance activity to consolidate multiple network technologies into one new, seamless network with the goal of increasing efficiency and enhancing network coverage, call quality and data speeds for customers across the United States on a new 3G and LTE network nationwide. This activity may result in a loss of CDMA Data Connections and/Or Dropped Calls services intermittently during the scheduled time below in the Min-Minneapolis market

This activity may result in a loss of CDMA Data Connections and/Or Dropped Calls services intermittently during the scheduled time below in the Min-Minneapolis market

Could it be clusters of 3g that are going to be activated?

• Like 1

Anyways, I hit a very brief LTE at 280 and Larpentuer tonight while on 280. I know it has been mapped and talked about before, but I have not had any luck there for quite awhile. Still not sure where that one is coming from. Too weak and quick to be from the tower right by there. Maybe something is happening again over there.

Anyways, I hit a very brief LTE at 280 and Larpentuer tonight while on 280. I know it has been mapped and talked about before, but I have not had any luck there for quite awhile. Still not sure where that one is coming from. Too weak and quick to be from the tower right by there. Maybe something is happening again over there.

First guess from looking at the map, bleed over from the downtown Minneapolis sites.

• Like 1