Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Sensorly is showing LTE snaking down Highway 100 all the way to 50th street now. Also seeing strong LTE near the Minnekahda Vista Park.

I was on that stretch on Saturday and Sunday and noticed that going north I couldn't get an LTE signal until after Minnetonka Blvd. Going south I had the signal just past Excelsior Blvd.

I added a little more purple on sensorly in Linwood since another tower is broadcasting. Gonna map more extensively when I have time. Also got a signal a 4g Casey's gas station in wyoming. Could have been from the tower in Linwood though.

I am surprised they got everything up and running in this weather! Amazing job sprint team!

Still no news on Willmar, MN?

Hello,

This is my first post on s4gru.com. I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago while searching Google trying to find updates for Sprint LTE in the Twin City area. I was very pleased to find this site and specifically this thread. I thought I should finally register and make a post after seeing tower work in East Bloomington about an hour ago. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint tower or not but there was a man with what looked like a black sweatshirt and hood working up on this tower. (had to see in the pic) There were 2 or 3 other guys standing on the ground at the base of the tower wearing hard hats, and 2 pickup trucks with enclosed trailers.... with no company names visible anywhere.

This is the tower located in the Hennepin County DOT maintenance facility behind the McDonald's at 77th and Nicollet in East Bloomington. Maybe someone can tell us if this is Sprint doing upgrades..... or some other company's tower.

TOWER1.jpg

TOWER2.jpg

I know that tower well - next to Groth Music and behind the McDonalds.

Yep!

I beleive it is also a Minnesota "ARMER" tower, which is an acronym for "Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Responce"..... it's the state wide Police and Emergency two-way radio system.

How many towers are up with LTE in st.paul and how many LTE Towers are live in mn right now?

A decent amount of cell sites have LTE have been accepted. The rest of the info are in the sponsor section.