Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

I know for a fact the Austin site (American Tower) has had the new equipment installed since February, I find it hard to believe you won't be getting LTE soon, "unless they're having backhaul/Permit problems. I actually thought that would go live right after Albert Lea did. Albert Lea has one more tower to turn on, and that is out on the west side of Albert lea, in the chapeau heights area, on Kenny Peterson's farm.

Interesting. So, based off that it should be live? I wonder why it isn't then. And will the "American Tower" be only one getting NV for the time being?

Interesting. So, based off that it should be live? I wonder why it isn't then. And will the "American Tower" be only one getting NV for the time being?

Maybe it has something to do with running fiber to the site, I'm not sure. I was surprised that they don't have 800mhz radios on the tower though. Driving between Austin and Rochester can leave my phone starving for a signal.

Maybe it has something to do with running fiber to the site, I'm not sure. I was surprised that they don't have 800mhz radios on the tower though. Driving between Austin and Rochester can leave my phone starving for a signal.

I hear you. I have excellent service on the western side of town. But past the tower by Target and I start running into issues.

We drove through Austin about a month ago, heading to Rochester. I really didn't have an issue until around 5 miles outside the city.

All the towers in Albert Lea, Waseca, Owatonna, Mankato, Fairbault and Rochester have 800mhz

radios, that why I was shocked that Austin didn't. It seems like a perfect place to use

800mhz service. I wonder why they don't have them installed?

Picking up full LTE in Apple valley, the tower is located right off 140th st and Flagstaff ave. I saw a lift there the past couple weeks but was unsure when it would be live. Any others around this area go live?

So with the upgrade and now that I am getting LTE at home both my wife's LG Optimus G (stock) and my rotted LTEvo on phone calls have been absolute CRAP! And I don't want to understate this, CRAP! Either static calls or busy signals. You then have to hang up and call back then it still could be crap. Also on calls in. I am in Rochester, has anyone else seen/heard this. It so bad I would be more then willing to drop Sprint. And it takes a lot to make me mad but this is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

So with the upgrade and now that I am getting LTE at home both my wife's LG Optimus G (stock) and my rotted LTEvo on phone calls have been absolute CRAP! has anyone else seen/heard this.

It has been noted in other markets that it can get bad for a little while but then it is fine.

I painted some purple in Sensorly in downtown Minneapolis yesterday and a bit this morning. My bus route takes me from S. 2nd Ave to S. 3rd St. and then north out of downtown to 94W. This morning I had 4G up until I entered my office building at 225 S. 6th St. Progress!!!

• Like 1

I mapped some purple around Shakopee on Friday night and Monday afternoon. It appears the small tower near Stagecoach Rd http://maps.google.com/?daddr=44.77972539529272,%20-93.40416473483302 and the 4th Ave. tower North of Canterbury Park are live! http://maps.google.c....48542874112637

I mapped some purple around Shakopee on Friday night and Monday afternoon. It appears the small tower near Stagecoach Rd http://maps.google.com/?daddr=44.77972539529272,%20-93.40416473483302 and the 4th Ave. tower North of Canterbury Park are live! http://maps.google.c....48542874112637

Did these towers have WiMax previously? Or, as MorphoManners said, was that area by Walmart served from a Savage WiMax tower?

My house is 2.3 miles from the 4th Ave tower and 4.3 miles from the Stagecoach tower and I haven't seen LTE at my house since Friday. Should I be able to get LTE from that distance? (I've never got WiMax at my house.) Sorry, I don't know the technical details on distances of WiMax and LTE... I suppose it depends on the particular tower?

As of Monday I was getting LTE in Shakopee north of Tahpah Park and west of Lions Park could not map it as I have an iPhone. I was not getting between 5-8 down and 2-3 up.

Did these towers have WiMax previously? Or, as MorphoManners said, was that area by Walmart served from a Savage WiMax tower?

My house is 2.3 miles from the 4th Ave tower and 4.3 miles from the Stagecoach tower and I haven't seen LTE at my house since Friday. Should I be able to get LTE from that distance? (I've never got WiMax at my house.) Sorry, I don't know the technical details on distances of WiMax and LTE... I suppose it depends on the particular tower?

I forget about that sprint tower in the crane repair place, I was at the site south of Canterbury two weeks ago and the tower stuff hadn't been started the base station has been done since x-mas or earlier

It has been noted in other markets that it can get bad for a little while but then it is fine.

OK, well today has been a much better day for the network and have not had to use GrooVe IP at all. But still nervous everytime I pick up the phone. Batterylife has been much worse but most of day was in a 3g neighborhood. So who knows what that means.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Of course, after I posted that earlier today, I've been getting LTE all over Shakopee tonight. Love it... great speeds, too. (10MB+) I hope it's here to stay??

As of Monday I was getting LTE in Shakopee north of Tahpah Park and west of Lions Park could not map it as I have an iPhone. I was not getting between 5-8 down and 2-3 up.

I spend a LOT of time around this area with kids in sports at Tahpah and the Community Center so this is GREAT news!

Spoke with tower workers working on LTE site at HWY 61 at 2nd Street in White Bear Lake. They will be working there a few more days. I asked them where they were going next. They advised they were heading to Grand Marais next. Just a little good news for those on the north shore.

• Like 4

They advised they were heading to Grand Marais next. Just a little good news for those on the north shore.

I was just up there for a few weeks. The 3G was fantastic, videos loaded and played fine. I had no complaints. Then again, it was their slow time of the year with most places closed.
  • Like 1

I found a new Sprint tower last night in the Southbridge area of Shakopee. I was using an app called CDMA Field Testing Application and followed it to the following location.

44.77962,-93.443747

There is an enclosure and building there hooked to a couple of antenna's on top of the power line structure but I didn't have time to take any pictures.

This site is listed as a future tower build on the Sprint web site and apparently it's up and running with LTE.

http://coverage.sprint.com/action/WebImageStream10?covType=sprint&serviceType=voice&mapcenterx=-93.4977035522461&mapcentery=44.777313232421875&geocenterx=-93.4977&geocentery=44.7746&endlinex=&endliney=&scale=10.0&width=420&height=315&showPinpoint=T&signalStrength=T&antiAlias=T&layers=TFFTFTTTTFTFFTFFFFFFFTTFFFF

I've also been getting 4G from the tower behind the Shakopee Target store, mapped at 44.777224,-93.500088

• Like 1

oh it's locked completely, well my mistake. Sorry about that. :wall: Seeing as you are a sponsor, if you really care, you can report it on the "report sites and progress" forum in the sponsor section. Otherwise, eventually they'll find it in here too. Either way, thanks for reporting it. Hopefully there are more new sites around the cities!