Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Must have picked up right after first turning it on here in St. Michael cause its gone now... But 3g speeds sitting around 2 Down and 1 up which is way better than normal... Just as I'm typing I got 4g again... Might only be picking it up in the upstairs of my house... Hopefully it's being turned on in St. Michael and I'm not just picking up only on the top floor of my house from somewhere else... I guess it's better than nothing though

I'm thinking now I'm just getting it from another tower now... Can olny get a signal upstair in my house.. not outside or downstairs... Went over to the sprint tower in st. Michael (watertower) and there was a white van there but was only getting 3g right next to the tower... Any thoughts?

I'm thinking now I'm just getting it from another tower now... Can olny get a signal upstair in my house.. not outside or downstairs... Went over to the sprint tower in st. Michael (watertower) and there was a white van there but was only getting 3g right next to the tower... Any thoughts?

That's also probably why it's slower than say 30Mbps. I think you're just really far from the tower you are connecting to.

If you get the chance, map to Sensorly when you have 4g!

By the crew?

Yeah, and for good reason. The site is about 10-15 ft. off the road. They have various pieces suspended in the air above. I only stopped to hop out and take a pic before jumping back in the car.

Yeah, and for good reason. The site is about 10-15 ft. off the road. They have various pieces suspended in the air above. I only stopped to hop out and take a pic before jumping back in the car.

Over in the sponsor section we have access to tower locations and this is not a sprint site. I believe the Sprint rack is on the other tower (gray antennas) second to top.

I actually found the FCC ID for that site you are talking about and googled it and found this:

"Marin Fettman, 2522 Mondovi Road (A1n0951j) (Lat: 44.792139 Lon: -91.520583), Type: Tower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Overall height: 57.9 m, Licensee ID: L00130191

Registrant: T-Mobile Central LLC (F/K/A Voicestream Pcs I, LLC), 12920 S.E. 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006, Phone: (425) 383-4000, Email: marin.fettman@t-mobile.com"

• Like 1

Over in the sponsor section we have access to tower locations and this is not a sprint site. I believe the Sprint rack is on the other tower (gray antennas) second to top.

I actually found the FCC ID for that site you are talking about and googled it and found this:

"Marin Fettman, 2522 Mondovi Road (A1n0951j) (Lat: 44.792139 Lon: -91.520583), Type: Tower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Overall height: 57.9 m, Licensee ID: L00130191

Registrant: T-Mobile Central LLC (F/K/A Voicestream Pcs I, LLC), 12920 S.E. 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006, Phone: (425) 383-4000, Email: marin.fettman@t-mobile.com"

I like that even better that its a T-Mo site! Time to try out the LTE fix for 4.2.2...

I never claimed that it was a Sprint site, only confirming that work was being done there and as an interested party, taking a couple pictures since work was supposed to have begun for LTE on the other tower last month.

If this doesn't violate your sponsor privilege, do you know when work is to begin on the other tower? My wife is still on Sprint and she doesn't get a reliable LTE signal at our house yet. We sit in between the tower that's on Mt. Tom and one that's in Altoona, she might be able to connect to that one if work there is finished before one of the others.

Edited by blkmiles

I did some digging and found what looks to be some new microwave backhaul approved through the FCC on the clairemont site and another site near by. Maybe someone with more experience could chime in on what the coding on means

04/03/2013

WQRA408

Sprint Spectrum L.P

NE

G

from this site: http://www.fcc.gov/document/wireless-bureau-site-based-actions-04102013

If you get the chance, map to Sensorly when you have 4g!

Tried... Only thing I could get on there was a 1 bar blip a few houses away from my house even though I'm getting it only in the upstairs bedroom of my house

Hi all. Just signed up after "lurking" for a couple months. Have been running sensorly on and off for about a month...trying to help map as much of the metro as I can.

Friday night I was at AMC Rosedale and as I was silencing my Galaxy S-III, I noticed that the "4G" was lit up. I live less than a mile from the mall, and had never noticed LTE in the area...and haven't seen it since Friday night -- it was back to 3G after the movie ended. I'm hoping it was a test that went well and we go online full time real soon.

• Like 2

Hi all. Just signed up after "lurking" for a couple months. Have been running sensorly on and off for about a month...trying to help map as much of the metro as I can.

Friday night I was at AMC Rosedale and as I was silencing my Galaxy S-III, I noticed that the "4G" was lit up. I live less than a mile from the mall, and had never noticed LTE in the area...and haven't seen it since Friday night -- it was back to 3G after the movie ended. I'm hoping it was a test that went well and we go online full time real soon.

Welcome to the site! Thanks for reporting in.

It could mean that they were testing the tower. It could also mean that you were on the edge of 4g coverage. There's some work going on in that area, but Sensorly tells me you'll get a stronger signal closer to 35e. I bet 35e and 36 area could have a lot of potential for more mapping!

Been reading for a while, but had to post after home and work locations both came up LTE this week! One tower is north of Schmidt Lake Rd, west of 494 in Plymouth. The other is just south of 694 on East River Rd.

This is great, since my work 3G connection is horribly congested during the day (<dial-up speeds on Speed Test). I'll be mapping w/ Sensorly when I head home.

Edited by food_ray
  • Like 1

I recently moved to the HTC One and am not happy I lost my WiMax. I wasn't aware I'd now be forced to use Sprints 3G service(which is pretty much non-existant in Minneapolis). I am have been following and reading through the forums on the LTE rollouts and know there are some nice pockets of LTE around the metro.

My question is this, coming from the EVO 3D I am aware it doesn't constantly scan for WiMax. So when using sensorly to map out areas how often does my phone scan for LTE connection? Does it scan every few minutes or does it switch over as soon as it is in range? If it isn't always scanning, is there an app I can use that will force scanning(other than getting MSL and switching the scan rate like you could do with WiMax)? Or is the debug menu my best option?

FYI: I work downtown and have yet to obtain a LTE connection anywhere even while walking skyways from building to building.

Latest speedtest from my house near Lake Calhoun in what sensorly says is an LTE area(or has been in past). If I can't find an area with LTE or get some time of time frame to get out of this 3G hell I am taking phone back and leaving sprint after 12 years :( I'll have to take a drive over to some of these spots mentioned in this thread to check the speeds out myself.

4hTE6n9.jpg

Edited by daviss