T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

I just delete the address box. Then I can see the whole map. :)

No such option with Safari...

AJ

Or Firefox.

Right-click the box-->Inspect Element-->Delete Node (x2).

Something I found interesting is that the "Coverage" link on the consumer site leads to the new maps, but the same link on the business site leads to the old ones (http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx).

Maybe they figured the business types wouldn't take pink-on-pink as seriously as green and yellow?

• Like 1

Right-click the box-->Inspect Element-->Delete Node (x2).

Something I found interesting is that the "Coverage" link on the consumer site leads to the new maps, but the same link on the business site leads to the old ones (http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx).

Maybe they figured the business types wouldn't take pink-on-pink as seriously as green and yellow?

The new Business site isn't anywhere close to being done yet. It takes time to get updated.

Not a dream. You can count on it. Deutsche Telekom will exit the American market in the next few years, taking its T-Mobile brand along with it. The operator that was T-Mobile may remain under a different brand, or it may be acquired.

AJ

I wish I had time to pull up the source but T-Mobile already has plans that if DT wants out. And it don't involve what u just said bro lol. I still love sprint but I don't think either sprint or T-Mobile is going anywhere no time soon.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I wish I had time to pull up the source but T-Mobile already has plans that if DT wants out. And it don't involve what u just said bro lol. I still love sprint but I don't think either sprint or T-Mobile is going anywhere no time soon.

You are still missing the point.  If Deutsche Telekom were to pull out, then its brand would go back to Germany, too.  It would not allow an operator over which it no longer had control to continue to use its name in perpetuity.

AJ

You are still missing the point.  If Deutsche Telekom were to pull out, then its brand would go back to Germany, too.  It would not allow an operator over which it no longer had control to continue to use its name in perpetuity.

AJ

That's not necessarily true, since Everything Everywhere isn't controlled by Deutsche Telekom at all (nor is it controlled by Orange). EE licenses the T-Mobile brand and Deutsche Telekom is happy to continue letting it do so. I imagine that it will be an option (in fact, I know it is) for TMUS if it wishes to continue to use the brand in the US. And EE is not consolidated as part of the rest of the Group's earnings.

You are still missing the point. If Deutsche Telekom were to pull out, then its brand would go back to Germany, too. It would not allow an operator over which it no longer had control to continue to use its name in perpetuity.

AJ

Long story short it involved the new company to keep T-Mobile. I'll find the link after work if I can.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

That's not necessarily true, since Everything Everywhere isn't controlled by Deutsche Telekom at all (nor is it controlled by Orange). EE licenses the T-Mobile brand and Deutsche Telekom is happy to continue letting it do so. I imagine that it will be an option (in fact, I know it is) for TMUS if it wishes to continue to use the brand in the US. And EE is not consolidated as part of the rest of the Group's earnings.

Everything Everywhere is a joint venture.  That is very different from a spin off or an acquisition.  Plus, it calls itself Everything Everywhere (and not T-Mobile) for a reason.

For another relevant example, look at SoftBank Mobile.  It does not still brand itself Vodafone KK.  Nope, the name went back to the UK when Vodafone sold off its Japan operations to the new entrant.

AJ

Everything Everywhere is a joint venture.  That is very different from a spin off or an acquisition.  Plus, it calls itself Everything Everywhere (and not T-Mobile) for a reason.

For another relevant example, look at SoftBank Mobile.  It does not still brand itself Vodafone KK.  Nope, the name went back to the UK when Vodafone sold off its Japan operations to the new entrant.

AJ

That's true, and that's because SoftBank felt that the Vodafone name wouldn't help SoftBank. It was probably right, too. In the case of TMUS, it currently licenses the brand on a multi-year term that is automatically renewed unless TMUS decides to tell DT it wants to terminate the agreement. 

• Like 1

Now it would be nice if some one with deep pockets other than AT&T, Softbank or Verizon sunk money in to buy T-mobile to then upgrade there 2G foot print to 4G LTE, got rid of the pink and the T-mobile name and rebooted there rep so that they could better fight the big two.

Also the mobile broadband plans are over priced, they need to lower them or redo the pricing on those. ( Not cell phone plan's, hotspot/tablet plans.) 

Now it would be nice if some one with deep pockets other than AT&T, Softbank or Verizon sunk money in to buy T-mobile to then upgrade there 2G foot print to 4G LTE, got rid of the pink and the T-mobile name and rebooted there rep so that they could better fight the big two.

Also the mobile broadband plans are over priced, they need to lower them or redo the pricing on those. ( Not cell phone plan's, hotspot/tablet plans.)

No, T-Mobile is dead without me.

It should go back to voicestream and bring back the Nokia 3390gold

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I will not, the secret is best kept quiet.

Are you... a major back haul provider for them? What's the name of your wisp btw, you run one right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah, i could. The only name assigned to the links was "WISPWILL" but that was just for testing. The information for the company will be public by year end with full build markets starting 2014.

The service will be called Eon

Ah ha, Eon Corporation? Keep us updated, I think it will be fascinating to hear about.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta