SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

You need to have your location services turned on your phone (Settings, Location access, WiFi & Mobile network location)

Thank you!   The moment I turned it on Signal Check Pro found 1x800 service.  I just had the GPS satellites enabled.

So now I have the BSL line but it just says "Click for map.."

Edited by njbelf

Thank you! The moment I turned it on Signal Check Pro found 1x800 service. I just had the GPS satellites enabled.

So now I have the BSL line but it just says "Click for map.."

Reboot your device.. that's an Android bug. Sometimes the geocoding service crashes and only a device restart will resolve it.

Take a peek at that FAQ page when you have a chance, each of the specific issues you have asked about are on there. We don't mind helping, but you could've started enjoying all the features of the app quicker.

-Mike

• Like 1

Reboot your device.. that's an Android bug. Sometimes the geocoding service crashes and only a device restart will resolve it.

Take a peek at that FAQ page when you have a chance, each of the specific issues you have asked about are on there. We don't mind helping, but you could've started enjoying all the features of the app quicker.

-Mike

Indeed, mea culpa.  Hopefully someone else will see this part of the thread and do what I should have done.

I just bought SignalCheck Pro. Is there any way to correlate the GCI to a specific tower on the sponsors' map?

If your area is tracking them then look on your market's map. 

Like this:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4726-new-orleans-and-louisiana-markets-mapspreadsheet/

If not you can always start...

That would be fun. I'll get out and get some information where I can, but I have 5 kids so usually my time after work is pretty well nonexistent. Also, I believe the towers have some overlap. How can I be sure I'm actually connected to the tower I think I am?

That would be fun. I'll get out and get some information where I can, but I have 5 kids so usually my time after work is pretty well nonexistent. Also, I believe the towers have some overlap. How can I be sure I'm actually connected to the tower I think I am?

Get close to them with an -80ish or better LTE signal is the rule we use.

Since you are a sponsor, you can go here to see a post that I did last night of how to collect and report back http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/636-network-vision-site-map-nebraskaiowa-markets/page-64&do=findComment&comment=210968

It's fun and I know the "no free time" feel so I just pick out where I need to check and go on the way to/from work or taking the kids to school etc... :)

I just wanted to say thank you for the app. I never bought one until yours. And I'm glad that it was yours. I think it's fine the way it is and I never asked for anything else so with that in closing.. Thanks Mike

Sent from my . 1 happy situation

• Like 4

Hey did the size of the widget change from 2x2 to 1x1? I just added it recently again after not having it for several app versions. And I can't resize it. Hard to see all the info.

I'm using the s3 with nova launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Hey did the size of the widget change from 2x2 to 1x1? I just added it recently again after not having it for several app versions. And I can't resize it. Hard to see all the info.

I'm using the s3 with nova launcher.

I have not changed anything with the widget in the past several versions. It should always have been 1x1 but I know some devices show it differently. I don't think it has ever been resizable, at least not intentionally.

Making the widget look better and more standard across devices (it looks perfect on my EVO) is on the list of things I want to do.. need to teach myself some new things to get that done though.

-Mike

Posted Image

This is what the old and new widget looks like on my phone. I liked it better when it was 2x2 for obvious info reasons. And it was also easier to tap it when I wanted to reset the connection. Weird that it changed since you said nothing changed in recent iterations.

Posted Image

This is what the old and new widget looks like on my phone. I liked it better when it was 2x2 for obvious info reasons. And it was also easier to tap it when I wanted to reset the connection. Weird that it changed since you said nothing changed in recent iterations.

Might have been a change to Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Wow.. that is clearly a dramatic difference.. and both look ridiculous to me.  It works perfectly on the EVO LTE because that is my primary test device, and the code is optimized for that screen resolution.  Devices with screen resolutions that are much bigger or smaller (like yours) than the EVO end up looking silly.

Heading on vacation shortly, but I'll start improving that when I get back.

-Mike

Wow.. that is clearly a dramatic difference.. and both look ridiculous to me. It works perfectly on the EVO LTE because that is my primary test device, and the code is optimized for that screen resolution. Devices with screen resolutions that are much bigger or smaller (like yours) than the EVO end up looking silly.

Heading on vacation shortly, but I'll start improving that when I get back.

-Mike

Interesting. Can you post a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like?

Interesting. But now I have a feeling mikejeep designed it to not have the Grey showing at the bottom. The height of your rows seem taller then normal. What launcher is that? Is that a 4x4 setup? I think I have a 5x7 setup.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4