SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Hey Mike I have been having some issues. It started when a few sites went live with 800 here a few days ago. I'm on a note 2 running digiblur ROM and prl 511. The app keeps freezing up. It won't let me report either. It also crashes play store at the same time. If I can help by sending you anything just pm me or post here along with any instructions I might need to get you the data you need. Also it stops when I get to work which I'm guessing is out of range if the 800 sites.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Hey Mike I have been having some issues. It started when a few sites went live with 800 here a few days ago. I'm on a note 2 running digiblur ROM and prl 511. The app keeps freezing up. It won't let me report either. It also crashes play store at the same time. If I can help by sending you anything just pm me or post here along with any instructions I might need to get you the data you need. Also it stops when I get to work which I'm guessing is out of range if the 800 sites.

Pretty sure he is on vacation and unable to do anything for the next week or so. There is a post back a few where he gave a heads up.

Found it http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/page-48&do=findComment&comment=210512

"...  on vacation and without Internet access from Saturday 9/27 until Tuesday 10/8..."

Edited by DaQue
  • Like 2

Pretty sure he is on vacation and unable to do anything for the next week or so. There is a post back a few where he gave a heads up.

Found it http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/page-48&do=findComment&comment=210512

"... on vacation and without Internet access from Saturday 9/27 until Tuesday 10/8..."

thanks I appreciate the heads up I missed that!

Have you tried Clearing data on the App? If so, how about clearing Cache?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Glad no one saw my different Sensorly icon yesterday ;)

Seen it, didn't want to bring attention to it.

Have you tried Clearing data on the App? If so, how about clearing Cache?

yeah I tried both. It works fine except when on the fringe area of 800 they it goes haywire? I will try and take a trip down towards those sites and see if once it gets a solid lock it changes the behavior.

All of you waiting to buy signal check pro, the new kitkat promotion that Google is doing for select kitkat wrappers you can win a $5 google play credit. The trick seems to be everyone is winning the credit on their first try. So if you can find the specially marked kitkat buy one and also buy signal check pro. I found them at walgreens and Safeway.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

• Like 5

All of you waiting to buy signal check pro, the new kitkat promotion that Google is doing for select kitkat wrappers you can win a $5 google play credit. The trick seems to be everyone is winning the credit on their first try. So if you can find the specially marked kitkat buy one and also buy signal check pro. I found them at walgreens and Safeway.

So right after I read this I went across the street and got 4 kit kats from Food Source. First code I entered I got $5 Play Store credit. I will enter the next code after midnight since you only get 1 entry per day but I'm going to download this now and probably the Nox icon pack. While I eat my kit Kat milkshake :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

So right after I read this I went across the street and got 4 kit kats from Food Source. First code I entered I got $5 Play Store credit. I will enter the next code after midnight since you only get 1 entry per day but I'm going to download this now and probably the Nox icon pack. While I eat my kit Kat milkshake :DSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah i was thinking of making another separate post but I want Mikejeep to get some love despite being a Boston fan :D

I also read some people are getting a bag of mini kitkats as their first prize. Not a horrible thing either.

• Like 2

Interesting. But now I have a feeling mikejeep designed it to not have the Grey showing at the bottom. The height of your rows seem taller then normal. What launcher is that? Is that a 4x4 setup? I think I have a 5x7 setup.

No launcher. It's a stock based setup.

Hey Mike, I usually email stuff to you. This is one is interesting enough I thought I'd post it here. I got home tonight and before I connected to my airave I checked my connection with SCP and saw this:

2013-10-05%2021.02.26.png

Was I **really** connected to GSM or is this a freaky glitch? This is from a S3, modded 511 PRL to give airave priority over 800, Android 4.1.1 using the FreeGS3 ROM. 

Not the same problem, but I remember one of our market members mapping 10,000 points on Sensorly only to find out FreeGS3 changed the carrier info and all the points didn't go anywhere on the map. Be aware in case you want to map.

So right after I read this I went across the street and got 4 kit kats from Food Source. First code I entered I got $5 Play Store credit. I will enter the next code after midnight since you only get 1 entry per day but I'm going to download this now and probably the Nox icon pack. While I eat my kit Kat milkshake :DSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Looks like the party is coming to an end. Alot of people are reporting they aren't getting the credit on the first try anymore. And since you won already I think you are only eligible for one prize. So you have to redeem those other ones under yours friends and family or by other means that I won't talk about here. ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Not the same problem, but I remember one of our market members mapping 10,000 points on Sensorly only to find out FreeGS3 changed the carrier info and all the points didn't go anywhere on the map. Be aware in case you want to map.

I had his ROM on my Evo and it was really sweet. I've been using it for a few days and it's a little random. I like it a lot but some apps like SCP don't seem to play well after awhile requiring a reboot. I was totally thrown that I might have connected to a GSM cell although it didn't appear to be authenticated. I didn't think that was possible. It would be fun to connect to TMO and see if I could get their 3G speeds just to do it. I'm pretty certain it's technically impossible.

just found the thread on here been using pro for a few weeks love the features keep up the great work and from your post way back when you first started the thread you said you were going to give extra features for premier sponsors on here was that not able to be done or did i miss out as i'm a new premier sponsor 

how come when i'm connected to 1xRTT 800 my signal bars do not show my true connection strength i'll be in the upper 80's dbm and i'll have zero bars like right now i'm at RSSI -90 dbm and show 1 bar if i'm not mistaken -90 is a really good connection worthy of 4 or 5 bars out of 6 right 

how come when i'm connected to 1xRTT 800 my signal bars do not show my true connection strength i'll be in the upper 80's dbm and i'll have zero bars like right now i'm at RSSI -90 dbm and show 1 bar if i'm not mistaken -90 is a really good connection worthy of 4 or 5 bars out of 6 right

Phones are stupid and signal bars lie. There is normally a huge delay between actual bars and dBm.

• Like 1

Phones are stupid and signal bars lie. There is normally a huge delay between actual bars and dBm.

what i would really like to do is take the bars off and put the DBm's over on the right side of my phone but that would take a new rom -sigh- maybe kitkat will give us that option -crosses fingers-