SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

5 hours ago, jreuschl said:

When will the Android 10/S10 fixes hit the regular release? The program is unusable right now due to it crashing constantly :(

My apologies for this. I have been spending a ton of time working on the next update, but I was not aware that the Android 10 crashing issue was so widespread until the past week. There are still some other outstanding issues I really wanted to resolve for the next public release, but I intend to push an update out later today or tomorrow that should at least get the app back to a usable state.

-Mike

• Like 4

The latest update to SignalCheck Pro will be available on Google Play within the hour! Here is a summary of the notable changes:

• Added limited recognition of 802.11ax Wi-Fi connections.
  • Added option to add padding to the left and right borders of the main screen.
  • Added prompt to warn users if background location permissions have been denied.
  • Changed optional correction factor on LTE Timing Advance (TA) value to also apply to TD-LTE connections.
  • Improved Android 10 compatibility.
  • Resolved force closes on Samsung Android 10 devices.
  • Resolved force closes related to exiting the app.
  • Resolved issue with duplicate notification channel entries.
  • Resolved issue with missing WCDMA data on certain devices.

As always, thank you for your support. I hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend!

-Mike

• Like 6

I am aware of issues with the latest update inconsistently showing data in certain circumstances. It appears to be limited to LTE connections on some Android 10 devices. I'm looking into it.. a diagnostic report (About > Send Diagnostics) including your email and a brief description of the issue when it's happening is the most helpful way to report this. Thanks!

-Mike

Another update to SignalCheck Pro is rolling out on Google Play now for all users (4.551), it should resolve the issues with missing information on Android 10 devices that started with the update a few days ago (4.55). It will become available as soon as Google finishes processing it, likely within the hour.

If you have not updated to 4.55 yet, you would be better off waiting a few minutes for 4.551.

-Mike

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, enyce9 said:

Sprint network. Pixel 4xl constantly showing connected to TMobile

Send me a diagnostic report next time you run into that.. but based on what is on the screen, that looks like a legitimate T-Mobile connection. My Pixel 4 has a hard time letting go of T-Mobile LTE in some strong Sprint areas as well.

-Mike

• Like 2

Send me a diagnostic report next time you run into that.. but based on what is on the screen, that looks like a legitimate T-Mobile connection. My Pixel 4 has a hard time letting go of T-Mobile LTE in some strong Sprint areas as well.
-Mike
How do I send a diagnostic report?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, enyce9 said:

It's constantly showing TMO

You don't need to post this multiple times. This also doesn't appear to be a signal check pro issue. Those GCIs are consistent with valid T-Mobile GCIs in your area.

• Like 1

You don't need to post this multiple times. This also doesn't appear to be a signal check pro issue. Those GCIs are consistent with valid T-Mobile GCIs in your area.
My post was a response to the previous post, are you reprimanding me?...... Really

Done

I checked your report, at the time you submitted it your device definitely had a valid T-Mobile connection. What SCP is displaying is accurate. As I mentioned, my P4 (and others in the Pixel thread on here) have seen similar behavior.

-Mike
  • Like 1

I checked your report, at the time you submitted it your device definitely had a valid T-Mobile connection. What SCP is displaying is accurate. As I mentioned, my P4 (and others in the Pixel thread on here) have seen similar behavior.

-Mike
Ok, just wanted to post and make you aware of the situation, if you didn't already. Thanks love the app

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Signal Check Pro is working fine on my Pixel 3a, but on my Wife's Pixel 3XL (on Android 10) Signal Check Lite crashes as soon as it is launched, even after a fresh install from the play store. Are there any known incompatibilities with the Pixel 3 XL, Android 10, and Signal Check Lite?

Signal Check Pro is working fine on my Pixel 3a, but on my Wife's Pixel 3XL (on Android 10) Signal Check Lite crashes as soon as it is launched, even after a fresh install from the play store. Are there any known incompatibilities with the Pixel 3 XL, Android 10, and Signal Check Lite?
Signalcheck lite is a legacy app with the accompanying legacy code at this point so bugs like what you experience are patched in the Pro version but not the lite version which hasn't been updated on a while.

Mike is working to replace completely merge it into SCP Pro or another combination but it's a TBD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ahecht said:

You might just want to cough up the $3. Then there can be logging (best cell signal per site by band and sector for your carrier optionally showing that specific location).  Besides, Mike is fueled by beer money. 🍺

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've been seeing the same thing on my PIxel 4XL since I got it.  I park on T-Mobile LTE, but stay on Sprint for CDMA.  It seems that the modem in Pixel 4 is able to segregate the connections vs. my Pixel 2XL that could not.

Also VoLTE on the Pixel 4 is great (when data is stable for the VQ)

On 12/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, ahecht said:

Like others have said (thanks guys!), Lite is outdated.. very outdated. I just don't have enough time to maintain two separate apps, which is why I'm working on combining them into one app, and paying will "unlock" the Pro features instead of having it be a separate download. It is a complicated task but in the end it will be far easier than the way I have it now. Other things take priority because those who do kick in some beer money get my time first! ;)

• Like 6

Mike, do you have older versions of the app available somewhere (specifically 4.54 or older)? I'm trying to figure out if the latest updates (4.55 and 4.553) broke the importing logs feature.

I'm on OnePlus 6t. The issue started after receiving a replacement OT6t, so I'm not sure if it's the device or the latest version of the app that's causing the issue. Every time I import my logs, I get the "Database with xxxxx entries imported successfully" message, but nothing really gets imported.

• 3 weeks later...

An update to SignalCheck Pro is rolling out on Google Play right now, should become available shortly for everyone! Version 4.56 is mostly bugfixes, and includes the following changes:

• Added system shortcut for app system settings.
  • Extensive code optimizations and enhancements.
  • Internal code enhancements to Location Service.
  • Removed persistent prompts/warnings that appeared when a user denied background location permission but had the background service disabled.
  • Resolved force closes on some devices using decimal separators other than ‘dot’.
  • Resolved force closes related to permission requests.
  • Resolved internal exception when installing/updating the app.
  • Resolved issue with incorrect signal strength notification icon when connected to LTE & Wi-Fi Calling.
  • Resolved issue with negative LTE SNR values missing the “-” character.
  • Resolved issue with persistent warnings appearing when a user denies background location permission and requests not to be prompted again.
  • Resolved issue with screen padding not working with GSM-based connections.

I anticipate dual SIM compatibility being the major change for the next update, and 5G support will be added after that. Thanks for all of your support!

-Mike

• Like 8