Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Once a site is done, they are leaving it on. If they are off, then it means there is still work or testing going on.

I don't know if it has anything to do with being a quarter behind, but in all other markets which are underway, once a site is done, they leave it on, even in "unannounced" markets.

That's the place. I held the signal for a few miles while heading south, but not as long on the way back up. Got off at exit 28 to hunt a little, but the signal was weak and kept reverting to 3G. It was nice for the few minutes I got to play. Not sure if they're are moving north with their work, or moving towards Charlotte, but that's the farthest north it has come!

Exit 28 off of 77 does show a little LTE. I was able to keep a signal in the area around the interstate exit, but not too far off of it. Just glad more LTE is showing up in the area, and hopefully more spots start to show up each week

Once a site is done, they are leaving it on. If they are off, then it means there is still work or testing going on.

I don't know if it has anything to do with being a quarter behind, but in all other markets which are underway, once a site is done, they leave it on, even in "unannounced" markets.

That is good to know, so maybe the LTE in downtown Charlotte will be back up soon

Just an FYI, as I live in Myrtle Beach and dream of one day getting LTE (before giving up on Sprint, which I am close -- ONLY thing keeping me on board is ETFs and this board -- the geek in me)...

Anyways, I am working in the Gastonia NC area this week for work and I got an LTE signal on my EVO LTE at the intersection of I-85 and I think it is US321 that goes up to Lincolnton, NC???? I tried to mess with it (speed test) but was following someone going 70 mph in my company truck -- so I couldn't do much (and it was acting up and then switched to 3G).... Otherwise, in Belmont I am getting nothing -- in and out of Charlotte a few times I didn't see much either. My signal in general has been very weak everywhere (making me start to think my phone has a reception issue??)....

Just an FYI, as I live in Myrtle Beach and dream of one day getting LTE (before giving up on Sprint, which I am close -- ONLY thing keeping me on board is ETFs and this board -- the geek in me)...

Anyways, I am working in the Gastonia NC area this week for work and I got an LTE signal on my EVO LTE at the intersection of I-85 and I think it is US321 that goes up to Lincolnton, NC???? I tried to mess with it (speed test) but was following someone going 70 mph in my company truck -- so I couldn't do much (and it was acting up and then switched to 3G).... Otherwise, in Belmont I am getting nothing -- in and out of Charlotte a few times I didn't see much either. My signal in general has been very weak everywhere (making me start to think my phone has a reception issue??)....

There are several towers in the Charlotte market that are broadcasting LTE, and in the area you described. Below is a map of the LTE reported in your area so far.

As far as reception, the EVO has a history of not latching on to LTE properly, but otherwise I haven't seen any issues with it maintaining a 3G or 1x signal. When you say it is weak, are you talking bars or speed?

http://sensorly.com/...int#q=Charlotte, NC

Charlotte.png

There are several towers in the Charlotte market that are broadcasting LTE, and in the area you described. Below is a map of the LTE reported in your area so far.

As far as reception, the EVO has a history of not latching on to LTE properly, but otherwise I haven't seen any issues with it maintaining a 3G or 1x signal. When you say it is weak, are you talking bars or speed?

I see the probable signal is on that sensory map so I guess my news wasn't really new -- I suppose it didn't hurt to post though...

As far as my signal it seems weak AND slow to me at times... but many times, I can get it up against my wife's iPhone and it seems to be similar.. My opinion is this: either my phone is getting weak signals or Sprint is lacking in strong coverage around this part of Charlotte and much of Myrtle Beach. I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago and had nearly full bars and most of the time FAST 4G -- it was amazing -- made me have hope for the future...

I see the probable signal is on that sensory map so I guess my news wasn't really new -- I suppose it didn't hurt to post though...

As far as my signal it seems weak AND slow to me at times... but many times, I can get it up against my wife's iPhone and it seems to be similar.. My opinion is this: either my phone is getting weak signals or Sprint is lacking in strong coverage around this part of Charlotte and much of Myrtle Beach. I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago and had nearly full bars and most of the time FAST 4G -- it was amazing -- made me have hope for the future...

Sprint is installing LTE on its entire network this time around. It will be nothing like WiMax. Myrtle Beach market deployment will begin in 2013. I'm very sure of it.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Sprint is installing LTE on its entire network this time around. It will be nothing like WiMax. Myrtle Beach market deployment will begin in 2013. I'm very sure of it.

I'm going to gag if Myrtle Beach gets in before Greenville.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

absolutely nothing the places I've been !! The tower I mapped around S.Tryon and Westinghouse is dead and I havent gotten an LTE hit from the Ballantyne tower in a while as well. Maybe Santa Sprint will turn the LTE back on for Christmas !!

I'm disappointed. It feels like it's been a month since anyone has seen any new activity. And they have turned the lights off on most of what we did have... I don't understand why this isn't happening faster.

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

I'm disappointed. It feels like it's been a month since anyone has seen any new activity. And they have turned the lights off on most of what we did have... I don't understand why this isn't happening faster.

The sites in Cornelius, Gastonia and out in the West Charlotte exurbs went live last week. So this is an exaggeration. It happens as fast as it can. They aren't doing it slow to get you.

Apologies for the previous negativity. Also, has anyone been able to get 4G at 77/85? I want to make sure it isn't my phone. My EVO LTE's radio was updated with Jelly Bean and I am optimistic that it is better. But in my incessant tinkering I may have messed something up.

Tower is back to broadcasting LTE at the corner of S.Tryon / Westinghouse Blvd and also at Ballantyne! Didnt get to check the one farther down S.Tryon towards Lake Wylie but I would assume it is as well. Just glad to see whatever issue they were having seems to be fixed and hopefully they will stay on now. :D

• Like 1