Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

I swear Sprint is reading this forum and messing with me. All day no LTE and no connecting to the Ballantyne NV tower and in the last 10 minutes it is connecting no problem with LTE. Connection strength is down sitting around -109dBm to -118dBm depending where I am in the office but at least my phone is seeing the tower now. It is obvious they are doing some testing/modifications so I won't waste anymore space posting everytime LTE goes out/comes back.

Can the phone connect to one tower for data and another for voice? Netmonitor shows me cycling between 3 towers now but my 4G hasn't dropped out. Either they turned on 4G at two more towers or I'm connecting to one for data and the others for voice?

Damn, is that near the Huntersville exit on I-85?

Nope...Its near the Kings Mountain Exit right where I-85 meets US-74.

There is about a mile and a half stretch where LTE is either 4-5 bars or nothing. I noticed it yesterday on my way home from Greenville, SC

Nope...Its near the Kings Mountain Exit right where I-85 meets US-74.

There is about a mile and a half stretch where LTE is either 4-5 bars or nothing. I noticed it yesterday on my way home from Greenville, SC

If you come back through, would you mind running mapping a trip on Sensorly during your route in NC so we can see where it picks up?

Completely jealous. :( Probably won't get north towards Mooresville til 2013 lol.

I think Mooresville is considered to be part of the Charlotte market so it should launch at the same time as Charlotte. It will take time for 100% of the NV towers to come online but hopefully it will be sooner than later. I have family in Mooresville and they are far enough down Brawley School Rd. that they pick up the towers in Cornelius and Davidson over the lake.

^ He's Right...I can not map it. Hopefully Sensorly comes out with an update soon

Sensorly has posted about this in their thread several times: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2224-sensorly-new-market-deployements/page__view__findpost__p__53532

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I think Mooresville is considered to be part of the Charlotte market so it should launch at the same time as Charlotte. It will take time for 100% of the NV towers to come online but hopefully it will be sooner than later. I have family in Mooresville and they are far enough down Brawley School Rd. that they pick up the towers in Cornelius and Davidson over the lake.

Yea just a little sarcasm lol. I assumed that the Charlotte downtown area would be the priority for the market due to the number of users there. Also, I know it isn't the largest market, but I wondered if there'd hit break neck pace on towers like the ones in the Chicago. If the weekly numbers move that fast then yeah it shouldn't be long.

Yea just a little sarcasm lol. I assumed that the Charlotte downtown area would be the priority for the market due to the number of users there. Also, I know it isn't the largest market, but I wondered if there'd hit break neck pace on towers like the ones in the Chicago. If the weekly numbers move that fast then yeah it shouldn't be long.

I'm really hoping for a Chicago style approach to the market, from the outside in and at a pretty good pace.

I'm really hoping for a Chicago style approach to the market, from the outside in and at a pretty good pace.

I sure hope so. In order to make their deadline of 100 cities by year's end they'll have to be at a good pace. The site numbers surpassed 500 this week so looks good so far. It'll be so nice to watch a video without buffering, or siri to answer me instantly in peak hours.

I sure hope so. In order to make their deadline of 100 cities by year's end they'll have to be at a good pace. The site numbers surpassed 500 this week so looks good so far. It'll be so nice to watch a video with buffering, or siri to answer me instantly in peak hours.

Or take less than 5 mins to check my bank account :0 the 3G in this area has been awful for years. I am so glad Sprint is finally getting with the program.

• Like 2

4G was back for me last night on the way home.... I also noticed 4G this AM on my phone driving Rama Rd and flipped on the App and got some purple marks on Sensorly. The 4G dropped off as I neared Monroe...

Your conversion to wireless nerd is nearing completion. I feel so proud. ;)

• Like 1

Heh, Meck-Neck...I used to live way out there on Brawley School Rd, YEARS before it got ridiculous with traffic out there. I'm suprised there's cell service out there :lol:;) .

I really hope they start working on the tower at IBM Drive near W.T. Harris Blvd & I-85 so I can have 4G at work. The 3G here is so bi-polar with speed.

• Like 1

The 3G here is so bi-polar with speed.

The 3G here (Westinghouse & 77) is consistently and utterly rubbish. All around Steele Creek and even near Carolina Place Mall, I get what appears to be a strong 3G signal (iPhone 5) but little or no data transfer. Hopefully the planned 485/77 tower upgrade will fix that, at least at Westinghouse & 77.

I got an almost identical speed test in Jacksonville, FL about a week ago in Mandarin, but I am just on 4G WIMAX. Are the improvements to LTE and 3G indirectly improving 4G WIMAX as well? That's nearly double my best test ever. If I can get that on WIMAX, I may not need to upgrade to LTE till my contract is up next year!

I got an almost identical speed test in Jacksonville' date=' FL about a week ago in Mandarin, but I am just on 4G WIMAX. Are the improvements to LTE and 3G indirectly improving 4G WIMAX as well? That's nearly double my best test ever. If I can get that on WIMAX, I may not need to upgrade to LTE till my contract is up next year![/quote']

There are no direct correlations of Sprint Network Vision and WiMax performance improvements. As WiMax is not a part of Network Vision at all. But what is occurring is Clearwire is upgrading backhaul slowly across its network and the number of WiMax users are dropping because a significant number of Sprint WiMax customers are upgrading to LTE. Also, Clearwire is steadily losing residential Clear WiMax customers too. This means a less logjam on WiMax than a year ago, and next year will even be less so.

I've been watching sensorly all week to see if there was any new coverage and it doesn't look like there was. Hopefully we still get a few new accepted sites in the weekly update.

Feel like we should for sure man. Can't see them stopping on us lol. If anything I see our site numbers going up. Unless sandy has caused a lot of disruption on the coastal towers for sprint that is. Haven't heard anything though. I'm sure they had to experience some problems though.

I sure hope so. In order to make their deadline of 100 cities by year's end they'll have to be at a good pace. The site numbers surpassed 500 this week so looks good so far. It'll be so nice to watch a video without buffering, or siri to answer me instantly in peak hours.

They aren't going to make that number of 100. My city is on that list and they haven't even brushed the dust off the gates to any of the towers yet. I think that is more of the disconnect we see between the PR dept and engineering dept.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge