Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Any chance you had the Sensorly app installed and running to help map out the CLT market? If not, please consider helping with the mapping out of this deployment by downloading and installing Sensory. Even if you just have it set to passive mapping, it would be wonderful. You can also set it to actively map which is even better! :) Thanks.

Any chance you had the Sensorly app installed and running to help map out the CLT market? If not, please consider helping with the mapping out of this deployment by downloading and installing Sensory. Even if you just have it set to passive mapping, it would be wonderful. You can also set it to actively map which is even better! :) Thanks.

Looks like he has an iPhone, won't be of much help with Sensorly. :(

Ah ratz! Thanks Dkoellerwx, I should have known to look for that. Oh well, disregard then :( Thanks for the report, aglutz. Now if they can just start working their way North, that would be great.

Saw something interest today heading to work. Picked up a little bit of LTE at Exit 27 off I-85 in Belmont/Mt. Holly

The speeds were a little slower than normal' date=' but it's nice to see a glimmer of hope!

[/quote']

It looks like you had a mid strength LTE signal. Not unusual to get only 8Mbps download with that strength of signal. Thanks for the report.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Picked up a new spot today. I had sensory running so it should be on the map soon, but it was a long drive and I'm not sure where it will be. Somewhere around where 77 and 85 meet just north of uptown is my best guess

• Like 3

It looks like the tower off Rama between Sardis and Monroe looks active.. I mapped this morning.. I also did some mapping along Sharon Amity last week that's showing up!!! That purple is filling in that area.... I would be surprised if Queens/Providence were active.. But I'll go home that way tonight and see....

• Like 1

post-6917-13528961628921_thumb.jpg

Same spot as yesterday. Does anyone know what tower I may be connecting to? Belmont, NC. Soon as you get off of the highway

I tried to pick it up with sensorly this morning coming getting off 85 going east and heading home to mount holly but nothing. i did pick up that stretch in kings mountain though

I tried to pick it up with sensorly this morning coming getting off 85 going east and heading home to mount holly but nothing. i did pick up that stretch in kings mountain though

Yeah, its only about a 1/8th of a mile stretch from the Arbys crossing over 85 right until you get to the gas station heading towards Mt. Holly. If it helps any, I have to toggle airplane mode to pick it up. I lose it once i get on 85 so you've only got a few seconds to map it...

Funny you mention toggling, because just like others on this forum my EVO4G LTE will not switch to the strong 4g signal 14mbps in kings mountain without toggling airplane mode. Ill be doing my darndest during a vacation this weekend in atlanta to get it switched out for a gs3. not sure if there would be on this specifc thread, but are there any success stories in doing so?

Funny you mention toggling, because just like others on this forum my EVO4G LTE will not switch to the strong 4g signal 14mbps in kings mountain without toggling airplane mode. Ill be doing my darndest during a vacation this weekend in atlanta to get it switched out for a gs3. not sure if there would be on this specifc thread, but are there any success stories in doing so?

The only flaw in this strategy is that you will be stuck with a GS3. What about the Optimus? Does anyone here have one?

Okay so didn't find any LTE at Northlake mall area, but I did expand a little on the sensorly map around the I-77 & I-85 interchange. On the way there my phone was in eHRPD mode and made the transition to LTE flawlessly, but on the way back the phone was in Evdo Rev A mode and it took an airplane mode toggle to get it to pick up LTE again.

Gratuitous speed test screen capture:

Screenshot_2012-11-15-21-12-49.png

• Like 3

Yes. And it's amazing.

Have you had any issues picking up LTE? With my EVO I usually have to toggle airplane. I don't have a good feel for how long it takes for the phone to switch over once you are in range of LTE

Have you had any issues picking up LTE? With my EVO I usually have to toggle airplane. I don't have a good feel for how long it takes for the phone to switch over once you are in range of LTE

I wouldn't be able to give you a good answer yet. I drove out to the one LTE tower in my area the other day and it didn't immediately switch over. I've had my phone on CDMA only since I've had it and I switched to LTE/CDMA but only for a few seconds before I toggled airplane mode and then it connected.

im curious if this is just an EVO thing or if sprint is blocking the switch over to LTE until they are ready to launch the market

My wife got an Optimus G yesterday. I'll be curious to see if it does 4G any differently. I might create a Tasker app that messages me when she is in range :-) first I'll have to figure out how to do that though...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nope its the phone. I had the same problem all over Atlanta this past weekend

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Have you compared with another sprint lte phone? I will be quite irritated if my 4G phone never switches from 3G on its own...