Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

A new Sensorly spot appeared over by Lake Wylie this morning.

Robert

I found this new connectivity on my way home from church last Sunday morning when I was mapping my trip with sensorly. I also discovered the new LTE connectivity in south Gastonia a few Sundays earlier. Haven't had a chance to go out and map all of the zones. But I would be willing to bet there are more to come in that area of the market.

Edited by homingpigeon
  • Like 1

I still continue to not get 4GLTE near Providence/Randolph and Fairview... Good strong 3G right now... I suspect the Testing is over for now... My most recent Sprint phone bill shows the 4G on it for my phone!!!

• Like 1

I still continue to not get 4GLTE near Providence/Randolph and Fairview... Good strong 3G right now... I suspect the Testing is over for now... My most recent Sprint phone bill shows the 4G on it for my phone!!!

You can also text "Usage" to 1311 and get a text back from Sprint with all your current usage as far as minutes, texts, 3G and 4G data. I use this all the time.

The tower in Ballantyne is still blocking access and this week I've noticed that voice calls are dropping left and right as I travel along Johnston Rd. through Ballantyne. It is frustrating to know that if that tower wasn't being blocked I'd have full voice signal and LTE.

It was nice while it lasted and it showed that Sprint's ready at some of their towers... Still nothing last weekend in Jacksonville, FL... I also noticed I got the Enhanced Network pretty much all the way between Charlotte and Jacksonville even when it showed roaming at times...

4G popped up again in the Providence/Randolph/Sardis/Fairview area yesterday.... I wonder if it is tuned down some though since last week when I first got it, I was receiving a 4G signal inside.. Yesterday, it pretty much was only an outdoor thing.. 4G lasted till around RAMA this morning...

Just read a post in the Sprint forums about somebody getting LTE in the I-77 @ I-85 interchange area. They ran a speed test and got in the 6800kbps range. You guys north of the city need to lock and load the Sensorly app and go hunting!!

• Like 1

Just read a post in the Sprint forums about somebody getting LTE in the I-77 @ I-85 interchange area. They ran a speed test and got in the 6800kbps range. You guys north of the city need to lock and load the Sensorly app and go hunting!!

You better believe I will be all over whatever is between Kannapolis and Harris Blvd in Charlotte the day it hits, lol. I'm in and out of Concord and Harrisburg every week and watching. :)

Oh, a buddy of mine that watches the boards but doesn't post drove through the Lake Wylie area on Sensorly, ran a speed test and got about 13 down and 9 up...pretty decent speeds. He also works in downtown Charlotte and had found no LTE.

Looks like there is a new spot ( or i haven't noticed it before ) at Providence and Queens Rd as well.

I just noticed a new Sensorly spot has appeared at Crowders Mountain State Park.

Robert was right when he said they deploy in a shot gun fashion all over the market ! That one is really random !

• Like 1

Looks like there is a new spot ( or i haven't noticed it before ) at Providence and Queens Rd as well.

Robert was right when he said they deploy in a shot gun fashion all over the market ! That one is really random !

CHUK-CHUK

What's that sound? I think Dan Hesse is pumping his Network Vision shotgun!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

CHUK-CHUK

What's that sound? I think Dan Hesse is pumping his Network Vision shotgun!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

post-843-0-53119400-1352687823_thumb.jpg

You got any of that tharr 4G, Doyle? I aim to take my kaiser blade to that tower, MMM HMMM.... :lol:

Edited by unccjester
  • Like 3

As I was driving to lunch today I passed a tower and saw a lady walking around the base wearing a bright green vest. I figured I'd stop by on the way back to ask if she knew anything about the tower upgrade but she was gone by the time I came back by the tower. I was really hoping it was some kind of final inspection before the tower goes live.

Saw something interest today heading to work. Picked up a little bit of LTE at Exit 27 off I-85 in Belmont/Mt. Holly

The speeds were a little slower than normal, but it's nice to see a glimmer of hope! post-6917-13528100249451_thumb.jpg

post-6917-13528101004557_thumb.jpg

• Like 4