Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Net Monitor showed me connected to the tower at Carmel and Pineville-Matthews Rd with LTE. I haven't seen LTE from this tower before.

Netmonitor does not identify the site of LTE connections, only CDMA connections that happen to occur while you have an LTE connection from somewhere. That might not be the same place.

• Like 1

Netmonitor does not identify the site of LTE connections, only CDMA connections that happen to occur while you have an LTE connection from somewhere. That might not be the same place.

To add to that, there is currently no way to see LTE signal strength either without going into a diagnostic menu. No widgets or apps can access that information.

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

I really thought they were going to leave the 4g on this time... It's off again in Ballantyne.

They must be doing some work because EVDO is down too. Only getting 1xRTT 1498ms Ping and 0.03Mbps UL/DL.

Edit: as of 9:12am 4g is back. 22Mbps DL 7Mbps UL

I really thought they were going to leave the 4g on this time... It's off again in Ballantyne.

They must be doing some work because EVDO is down too. Only getting 1xRTT 1498ms Ping and 0.03Mbps UL/DL.

I've had that same problem so far this week at work as well. I've been getting 1xRTT alot, not able to hold eHRPD, drops back to EVDO. At least we know they are out there banging away at it. :tu:

As a side note, I went and checked out the new tower that popped up in this weeks update out in the Unionville area but it was not broadcasting LTE :( I'll ride back out there in a couple of days and try to get it mapped on Sensorly.

I saw LTE pop up near the center of Lincolnton this afternoon. I'm not sure what tower was pushing it out, but I was at 382 N. Generals Blvd. at the time (map coords: 35.484576, -81.240764).

Not sure if that information helps any, but there ya go.

• Like 1

I think we're about due for a few more towers to pop online now... Would someone mind mapping Moss Road off S. Tryon and around to Erwin if they get bored or get a chance? If you're coming from 485, it's the next light after Carowinds Blvd, IIRC. TIA!

I think we're about due for a few more towers to pop online now... Would someone mind mapping Moss Road off S. Tryon and around to Erwin if they get bored or get a chance? If you're coming from 485, it's the next light after Carowinds Blvd, IIRC. TIA!

I'll try to swing out there today after work, it's just a few minutes away from me.

• Like 1

The tower right above me at work in downtown Charlotte showed up as lte complete in the last update, but I have not seen any sign at all. Hopefully it will be on soon!

Sometimes we get the information before the signal goes live, sometimes after. I would imagine that it won't be long before LTE is turned on or unblocked. However, we have seen some exceptions where completed towers sit for several weeks before they go live. Hopefully this won't be the case.

• Like 1

Where can I find the Sponsor's updates?

Inside of the sponsors section. For more information about becoming a Sponsor, click here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Keep in mind that this site is completely member supported. Any donations go director towards maintaining the site, and keeping it ad free.

Wow, new streaks definitely showed up all over the place. Folks have been busy! New areas look to include I-77 just west of the I-40 junction, Hwy 321 just north of Cherryville, Hwy 321 north from I-85, and in Salisbury at Jake Alexander and Hwy 150. That's a random streak at Hwy 218 & Hwy 601... pretty much East Deliverance - you can't SEE the banjos yet, but you can HEAR them! :lol:

I drove out the the "LTE Accepted" tower on I-40 at Exit 141 (Between Hickory and Statesville) and came up with nothing on my EVO LTE (JellyBean). I cycled airplane mode and restarted the phone to no avail :( Drove away from the tower about 3/4 of a mile and still nothing.

Another issue I found was that Sprint's service along I-40 becomes non-existent between Exit 138 heading West to Exit 135 (Claremont). It picks up again just West of Exit 135 and connects to the tower in Conover at Exit 132. There is a tower in Claremont just South of I-40 with Sprint service - (http://binged.it/XPpyh1), American Towers Photo: https://ftptower.ame...12_03_47_58.jpg, but I can't tell if those are Sprint Panels/RRU's or not. One more angle: http://www.americantower.com/SiteLocator/PhotoViewer.aspx?lngSiteId=12525&towerId=0&towerNumber=85527&country=united+states&ATFileId=12756708.

Here is the American Towers Brochure for the site: http://www.americant...wernumber=85527 Claremont/Exit 135 is currently a Sprint dead zone. :( Any thoughts on this tower and the photo and if those are Sprint Panels?

been seeing it a litte in the Charlotte area, this was in Indian Trail NC

while its only 2.43 mbps the 3g here averages maybe .3-.6 on a good day so above 1 is amazing.

it was flickering off and on though, not too steady, I was also on albemarle rd (for those that know the area) and did get around 7mbps which was amazing but don't have that speed test data anymore.

post-9988-0-92305400-1358746913_thumb.png

while its only 2.43 mbps the 3g here averages maybe .3-.6 on a good day so above 1 is amazing.

it was flickering off and on though, not too steady, I was also on albemarle rd (for those that know the area) and did get around 7mbps which was amazing but don't have that speed test data anymore.

Given your signal strength, those speeds are to be expected. LTE speeds are very signal strength dependent. Sitting at one bar of LTE, I would expect just above 3G speeds. When more towers come online, you will have a stronger signal, and much faster speeds.

Also, this is not a Shentel area. I will be moving these posts shortly.

This has to be from the tower in Stallings, the towers start to get pretty spread out in Union County. I go right by that tower on the way home from work, Sensorly time !!

I plan to map this area today after work !!

Moss Rd is mapped.

Checked the tower in Stallings, no LTE. It would only connect at 1xRTT, maybe still in testing phase.

Checked the newly accepted tower in Unionville again still not broadcasting LTE. I'll check it again in a couple of days.

• Like 1

Driving back from Winston-Salem towards Statesville on I-40. Flipped the wife's phone over and 4g! Not sure where it started, but by the time we got to I77, it was gone. Looks like sensorly has some LTE showing up along I40 West of 77 as well. Nothing down I77 from there to Mooresville. Didn't see the LTE that shows up on HWY 21 at the 77 Exit. I got Sensorly on the wife's phone now. I usually hang out in the RTP area during the week.

Wow, someone lit up a good chunk of area around Reedy Creek Park, Newell, and over to 485/49. Looks like it stretches out Caldwell Rd, over to Tom Query, Rocky River, Grier Rd, and over to Hood Rd & Plaza Extension. Nice! It's so close to where I work on Harris and 85...come ON! :)