Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Could that be why in west michigan we are seeing the single rru install?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Yes, since Sprint cannot operate 800 SMR in those areas right now, there's no reason to install the second RRU that's for 800 SMR only.

• Like 1

LTE turned on today in Midland. Just around us 10 between Waldo to bay city road exit. 9mb down, 5mb up. I've followed this thread for awhile and was compelled to post my finding due to the great info ive been getting here. Keep u the great work.

• Like 3

LTE turned on today in Midland. Just around us 10 between Waldo to bay city road exit. 9mb down, 5mb up. I've followed this thread for awhile and was compelled to post my finding due to the great info ive been getting here. Keep u the great work.

Grab someone with an Android phone, and have them map with Sensorly so we can see! Thanks for the report!

Hit LTE on i475 around Stewart Rd exit in Flint 6.12 mbs down .4 upload. I took a snap shot of the speed test but I can't drop a picture in this text box.

You need to go to more reply options, then next to the paper clip there's a button to attach files.

Been watching the tread for a while and finally have something to add. I turned my phone on on I96 in Brighton yesterday and started mapping in Sensorly. It immediately came up a strong 4G signal. I knew Howell was up. But had not seen anyone getting anything in Brighton before. I assume this is a new site.

post-10817-0-16630700-1360629911_thumb.png

• Like 2

I was up in Brighton and Howell on Sat. There was no LTE that far east for me but the speeds indicated they might have been working in the area. I could not get ev-do or e-HRPD. I was getting 1x to the east.

The Brighton site did not show up in the acceptance report yesterday. So if it is live, it must be testing. However, several East Michigan sites were on the acceptance report. Including two sites in Midland, one near Plymouth, one near Roseville, another site near New Baltimore and a site between Jackson and Marshall.

They have been added to the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Anyone knows when Jackson is going to receive LTE?

No. The whole market is being worked on and sites go live, one by one as each completes and passes inspection. The first site might go live in Jackson this week or next month. But they are working on your city as a part of this deployment.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Does being on the Acceptance Report mean it has completed the upgrade or it is approved for the upgrade/testing to begin?

It means that Sprint has verified that the upgrade is complete and functioning as designed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It means that Sprint has verified that the upgrade is complete and functioning as designed.

However, it doesn't not mean that LTE is being broadcast for public use. Sprint has the ability to block a live LTE signal from consumer devices.

• Like 1

Was wondering the same thing... Glad someone cleared that up.

Can we expect new sites to begin coming online faster? I understand that covering the state (well technically in east Michigan about half) does take a lot of towers, but should they start popping up in more areas more frequently?

I drove by the accepted site at 9 Mile and Gratiot last night in hopes of popping my phone's 4g cherry, but got no LTE (and mediocre 3g speeds to boot...~700k up/down).

ps. normally I'm thrilled with 700 down, but I was hoping for more from a NV tower...

Just for info, on my drive into work today I say tower work on the tower at Adams Rd and I-75. Don't know if it is Sprint but I will continue to watch and will let people know.

I went by the site at about 5:30 and no crew there. I did get 1.7mb down though and have noticed increased speeds there just recently. Hoping for some LTE soon!

Drove down Gratiot today, and picked up an LTE signal around 11 mile/I-696

I went as far as 13 mile before I lost the signal. Too bad I don't have an Android or I could have mapped it on sensorly. Still, great to see progress in Roseville!

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, I turned off my LTE and tested my 3G just for the heck of it. It was pretty steady around 1mbps, which I think is pretty impressive because that is a high-traffic area.

post-10915-0-47355100-1360803804_thumb.png

Edited by Super
  • Like 3