Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Well I added what I could. 10 and Gratiot appears to be the epicenter. Went down to 7 mile and turned around. Hoover is where it fades in and out. I have lte a mile away from my house which sucks but I have wifi so no biggie

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

post-9777-13609352426812_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures of some guys upgrading an American Tower in Warren, MI (11 mile and Mound Rd). I am lead to believe it's a Sprint tower. Sorry about the pics I zoomed in a much as I could.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o795/obas2/4445/CAM00273_zps4ea2214c.jpg

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o795/obas2/4445/CAM00272_zps86114869.jpg

Great to see all this 4G coverage around metro detroit! I'm surprised my puny town of Eastpointe is seeing LTE coverage so early.

I have a concern though... Eastpointe is very small and I can get an LTE coverage anywhere in the city that I've tried so far. However, it seems no matter which building I enter, my 4G connection drops instantly and my phone switched to 3G. Will the building penetration of LTE get better as more towers get the upgrades and we approach the official launch of this area?

Great to see all this 4G coverage around metro detroit! I'm surprised my puny town of Eastpointe is seeing LTE coverage so early.

I have a concern though... Eastpointe is very small and I can get an LTE coverage anywhere in the city that I've tried so far. However, it seems no matter which building I enter, my 4G connection drops instantly and my phone switched to 3G. Will the building penetration of LTE get better as more towers get the upgrades and we approach the official launch of this area?

All LTE signals drop when you go indoors about 8-12dBm or even more in some building types. If you have a weak LTE signal, within the last 8-12dBm to the threshold, you will be dropped when you go indoors.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Alright, updates. Midland mi, 4g lte covers every inch of midland as far north as wheeler road to Washington street intersection then south to Salzburg and Saginaw rd. the tower by the mall is provisioned I believe, just not active for lte yet, 3g went from 200k to over 1000k so that appears indicative of impending upgrade to lte. From wheeler road all the way to damn near Garfield lte pulling between 15-28 mb down and anywhere from 2-9 mb up. For some reason US10 is just south of the lte range and havent seen lte east of flajole rd overpass on US10 all the way to bay city, although I have a strong suspicion they are next for tower upgrades. Just north of US10 toward wheeler in the country has great lte signal -90 db or better in most places toward wheeler road but only west of Garfield and wheeler intersection.

Went north fri night. On way found tower north of Sanford lake north exit was producing lte.when I passed the same tower last night, I didn't see it. It went active today if I had to bet my left ball. Tells me sprint truly is picking off towers and upgrading as they can. I found 2 random lte towers on way north up US10 north of midland.., so for those of you who read these forums, and crave any info about what is going on... I can say this much, sprint had zero lte sites mapped on sensorly on dec 31 2012 in michigan. As of today, the map doesn't even come close to reflecting what lte towers are active in my area, it shows some, but coverage is way bigger than sensorly shows. Before I saw lte for the first time at home, i trusted sensorly data as though it mapped o ly what existed... If u see a purple bubble... Good things to come. if I had android still... I'd be busy mapping it for the cause... Rest assured sprint is busting ass based on all data I've seen. Michigan has gotten upgrades for lte at an unprecedented pace, and there isn't any rhyme or reason to the rollout, they just knock out everything they can and are really doing a great job.

• Like 1

If anybody reads this and has ability to upload data to sensorly... Please do your due diligence and take a ride through midland... From the corner of wheeler and garfield, all the way to Washington, south from there to... Salzburg n Saginaw? Salzburg to Waldo... Waldo back to wheeler... Everything encompassed inside that region should rightfully be lte. I see it daily. Best speeds r 33 down, 10+ up, and -60ish dBm in high signal strength spots.

I have to say, this is like Christmas morning getting lte service when u own a slingbox. :}

I spotted some new LTE on Sensorly in Belleville around Sumpter rd & Dunn rd. Not to far from my home. Wish iPhone allowed Sensorly mapping!

That was me took a drive up there since that's the closest tower to where I live and having no LTE down in Toledo or Ohio yet. I posted pics in the sponsor section of the fastest speed test I got.

That was me took a drive up there since that's the closest tower to where I live and having no LTE down in Toledo or Ohio yet. I posted pics in the sponsor section of the fastest speed test I got.

Sorry to hear there is a buckeye in need... Who am I kidding... No I'm not. GO BLUE!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear there is a buckeye in need... Who am I kidding... No I'm not. GO BLUE!!!!

oh that state up north always trying to get us buckeyes lol I'm cool with waiting tho I live on the border, so a 30-40 min drive will be worth it or even further south like Dundee or Monroe.

Seems like some testing going on in South Lansing, MI. Around Cedar/Edgewood to Cedar/Willoughby. Live and work very close to those locations (which are close as well) and am pulling it at home and at work on the iPad. Speeds aren't as good as I've seem elsewhere and with other carriers yet but it's a start. Only getting about 6Mbps down, <1 up and ping is usually between 75-300. Weird thing is, is when I pull it on the iPad, my time rolls back an hour. Which I'm no engineer but it seems to me like they are "piggybacking" off a Chicago signal or something to test cause Chicago is the nearest full LTE rollout that I'm aware of and they are an hour behind.

I am a sales rep for sprint and they haven't said anything to us about it.

Anyone else in the area?

When I went down to Ohio last weekend, I picked it up for a few minutes between Howell and Brighton on 96. And I was just in Saginaw that is supposed to be lit up and they didn't have it as of 3 nights ago.

post-11054-0-59742900-1361088230_thumb.jpg

Edited by LilTeddyP

Just checked out the speed test you posted. Think I'm gonna go check it out with my iphone 5 and see what I get. Only like a 15 minute drive west for me :-)

• Like 1

Drive to Belleville last night and ran a couple of speed tests. I have at attached the best one.

I was also surprised because I was able to get LTE at the corner of Willow rd and Waltz rd! If I had an Android phone I would definitely join in the fun of Sensorly mapping.

post-10319-0-07036700-1361145440_thumb.jpg

If anybody reads this and has ability to upload data to sensorly... Please do your due diligence and take a ride through midland... From the corner of wheeler and garfield, all the way to Washington, south from there to... Salzburg n Saginaw? Salzburg to Waldo... Waldo back to wheeler... Everything encompassed inside that region should rightfully be lte. I see it daily. Best speeds r 33 down, 10+ up, and -60ish dBm in high signal strength spots.

I have to say, this is like Christmas morning getting lte service when u own a slingbox. :}

Chris** I took a drive today mapping with sensory. I drove north to Claire and took 10 down to Midland I tried to map the boundaries of the 4g around Midland. just wanted to let you know so you could take a look at it if you want. there's quite a bit there I put over 200 miles on my car today lol

Looks like it has popped on in a small area around Hall Road and I-94 in Chesterfield / Harrison. It's nice to see the quick progress, but I can't wait till they have it up in Warren and Sterling Heights.

Just south west of Belleville right now trying to map it.The 4G is in and out. I have to cycle airplane mode a bit. My brother told me last night he has had 4g on and off at work by Warren and Haggerty (I275) in Canton. I haven't seen it yet.

I have to say I am quite amazed at the pace of progress in the area. I hope it continues.

Also, thanks to everyone posting mapping.

Living in Ypsilanti here, pic is broken when i look on Tapatalk.... anxiously awaiting, what's it of?? :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Stupid hosting sites.. I had an LTE connection at Geddes and 23.

Also, this morning, I was taking State St. south and picked up LTE as I crossed 94 (like by Briarwood). I made a left (so headed east towards Ypsi) on Ellsworth and held onto LTE until I hit Golfside.

So that's basically all of Ellsworth from State St. to Golfside.

If only I could have mapped that on Sensorly from my iPhone (although, I did write a very detailed email in French to Sensorly asking that they release an app for jailbroken iPhones -- or allow manual uploads via screenshots lol).

• Like 3

I'm just a few minutes North of there, US-23 and Plymouth Road. So far, no LTE here. Dang it's getting close!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well I first connected as I was getting onto 23 north from Geddes and held onto it until just before Plymouth :)