Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Perhaps on a boomer site with little downtilt. An urban/suburban site would be too low to the ground with its panels pointed toward the ground...so additional range would not be possible in those instances.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ahh, thank you for the clarification :)

In terms of signal strength during the day versus at night, solar radiation has a detrimental effect on other kinds of electromagnetic radiation. My understanding is that while the signal degradation is much more pronounced in different frequency bands (like how AM radio stations actually have to turn down their power output at night to stay within regulatory boundaries), the lack of solar radiation at night would allow a 1.9GHz signal to propagate an extra mile or two.

Perhaps on a boomer site with little downtilt. An urban/suburban site would be too low to the ground with its panels pointed toward the ground...so additional range would not be possible in those instances.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys. I figured the sun played into it some. I just wasn't sure of what other factors did.

12 and Campbell Royal oak picking up 4g

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Good day for me to be at home with a sick kid...I guess we're going for a drive! I'm guessing it's the tower at 75 and 696?

• Like 1

Good day for me to be at home with a sick kid...I guess we're going for a drive! I'm guessing it's the tower at 75 and 696?

Not sure where it is. Im at work and getting 12mb. I mapped what I could

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I will give it a go anyways. My parents live in Tecumseh, about 30 minutes southwest of Ann Arbor, and they just upgraded to iPhone5s. Their cell reception went from so so in their house to now they can never have a call last more than 30 seconds before it drops. Is this an iPhone5 probelm or network problem? Also, do we know when Lenawee county will start seeing LTE deployed?

Thanks an advance for any answers.

Just got back from my LTE saga. Drove around Lake Orion a little bit, and found the upgraded tower. It's a biggun on the property of Odyssey Industries on Indianwood between Newman and Baldwin. Managed to hold onto 4G as far south as Clarkston/Pinetree and as far east as Heights/Lapeer. Now if only Sprint would start work on the tower at Clarkston/Lapeer, which I can see from my house!

Also managed 17.5 down / 4.5 up doing a speedtest while I was right near the tower.

• Like 2

Just got back from my LTE saga. Drove around Lake Orion a little bit, and found the upgraded tower. It's a biggun on the property of Odyssey Industries on Indianwood between Newman and Baldwin. Managed to hold onto 4G as far south as Clarkston/Pinetree and as far east as Heights/Lapeer. Now if only Sprint would start work on the tower at Clarkston/Lapeer, which I can see from my house!

Also managed 17.5 down / 4.5 up doing a speedtest while I was right near the tower.

I got 17.5 Mbs down and 10.5 Mbs up at Balwin and Maybe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

No luck getting LTE in Royal Oak today. Cycled airplane mode but nothing. Drove by the Gratiot tower on my way home from SCS and picked it up fine. LTE hunting is fun and all, but I'll happy when I can just take 4G speeds for granted.

I see a strong trail of LTE on 75 between Newport and Rockwood showed up. Hopefully the Downriver area starts getting some signal soon.

Getting close to my house :-) Im gonna go check it out tomorrow