Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Stupid hosting sites.. I had an LTE connection at Geddes and 23.

Also, this morning, I was taking State St. south and picked up LTE as I crossed 94 (like by Briarwood). I made a left (so headed east towards Ypsi) on Ellsworth and held onto LTE until I hit Golfside.

So that's basically all of Ellsworth from State St. to Golfside.

If only I could have mapped that on Sensorly from my iPhone (although, I did write a very detailed email in French to Sensorly asking that they release an app for jailbroken iPhones -- or allow manual uploads via screenshots lol).

Thanks a ton, greatly appreciated! Hoping that LTE is a viable service/realistic prospect by the time my contact is up in March.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Seeing 4G/LTE in Chelsea (Old-12/M-52) -10-14Mbps down, 4-9 up.

Edit: I think I created that small dot in the parking lot w/Sensorly (have to zoom in, but not too far!). I'll run it again later this afternoon.

Edited by ender404

It's too bad samsung and ericsson don't have a clue about getting networks up in a timely manner. I currently work on the tower side of this and if they had a little more common sense these towers could be upgraded in 3-4 days, but like fools there is far too much nit picking on how things have to be their way. Its's funny to me to see that they are just now getting sites turned up when crews have been working on these sites since September, and it's now February??? I give them a thumbs up for only running 1900 here but if they were to go to the trouble of that why not let these sites have a simple and effective build out design? Which in turn, they would have the towers upgraded in a much more timely fashion and give themselves a much better name. I have done verizon 4g and that was such a more speedy process. With sprint its unreal at how everything has to be a certain and what seems most difficult way possible to build these out....i feel if they took after verizon nobody would be complaining about service right now. Now don't get me wrong they have a simple system but its all the extra non sense that they are making us do that is costing them time and probably customers. The only good thing i can say is thank god that spring and summer are around the corner which will give us tower technicians more time on these sites. I also suppose that if they didn't hire general dynamics as a contractor things would be going more smoothly as well. GD doesn't seem to know their left from their right.... maybe they are part of the problem. As far as i know in this market there are still around 800-1000 sites that still need to be upgraded, so i'm sure it will be sometime before they have a strong lte network.

Not sure if the State and Packard area is fed from the tower at Pioneer HS (Stadium and Main St.) or the water tower near Country Farm park, or a different tower all together. Anyone go near either of those to check on LTE availability?

Not sure if the State and Packard area is fed from the tower at Pioneer HS (Stadium and Main St.) or the water tower near Country Farm park, or a different tower all together. Anyone go near either of those to check on LTE availability?

Even though there are a couple of towers that are closer, all three Sprint phones in my house normally do connect to the one at Pioneer. Although, to get that LTE connection, I had to stand on the north side of my house and hold my iPhone as high in the air as I could... I couldn't connect to any LTE facing any other direction so that leads me to believe it was something north of me..

Field Test said I was connected to:

Serving Physical Cell ID 302

but, I have no idea which tower that actually is....

Had 4G service on I94 between State rd and Saline Ann Arbor. Didnt have time to stop and map it, but I did get a speed test at around 5.2 mpbs down and 2.3 up while going 75 mph. Very exciting! I may or may not have freaked out when I saw the 4G icon next to my bars :P

• Like 1

I got Plymouth fine again today. Despite being unable to find the source of the Livonia signal last night, it was back again around 6pm when I drove by. I left early to try and investigate some. The snow ruined that plan.

Are all of these LTE signals around the university of Michigan?

You can check the map of where people have mapped LTE on the Sensorly app or on their web page. I don't see anything mapped around UofM's Ann Arobor campus. I would not be suprised if some places around campus could get a signal and just haven't been reported yet. Also, if the tower s being tested the signal may be in and out.

• Like 1

In my drive yesterday evening there was no sign of 4G at all. My EVO LTE stayed locked on 3G the entire time :-/

I tried toggling airplane mode near the Sheldon Rd. exit and the Arborland exit but there was no sign of 4G. Strange.

I'll be traveling from Royal Oak to A2 this eve. I'll try to pick up any and everything in between not yet mapped (696>275>M14).

Been through Plymouth 5 times since I first picked up on it a different times and it picked up right away no problem. I have not been by Ann Arbor.

On a side note I can only get the signal in Livonia on I96 and right at Middlebelt and Schoolcraft (I96). Any where on Schoolcraft right next to the freeway I get nothing. I think it is to weak to be a direcional antenna. I think it may be the Plymouth site. It is directly West straight down I96. May just get a clear line of sight here. Have to look in to it more.

You can check the map of where people have mapped LTE on the Sensorly app or on their web page. I don't see anything mapped around UofM's Ann Arobor campus. I would not be suprised if some places around campus could get a signal and just haven't been reported yet. Also, if the tower s being tested the signal may be in and out.

I haven't seen any LTE on central campus so far ( I'm normally by CC Little, the bus stop area) and I can for sure say that I'm not getting any LTE on north campus.

Edited by codemaster