Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

How do I give a donation and how much does it have to be to become a sponsor!

Almost ever tower in the Sprint network is being upgraded to LTE, it's coming and it will be awesome. There are only a few towers on the east side of the state currently upgraded, but that number will grow. As stated in this thread, in Flint, Howell, and New Baltimore, there is live LTE. Keeping an eye on Sensorly is a great way to see what is going on if you can't afford to donate to S4GRU. However, most of the Sprint Sensorly users probably get their data from S4GRU to know where to try and map/look for signals.

Trust me I really hope he is wrong :), but he was right about wimax the entire time

I can tell you there is a tower in Detroit that is in the middle of being upgraded when I went by it last week. If you become a sponsor there are photos of it.

Trust me I really hope he is wrong :), but he was right about wimax the entire time

He was right about WiMax? So he told you that Clearwire was deploying WiMax Protection Sites around Detroit to just meet FCC substantial service requirements? Because, if he didn't say that, he wasn't right about WiMax. Sprint is not deploying LTE Protection Sites, its a full build out. Every site. And it's under way now.

Not to sound haughty, but S4GRU is where Sprint employees come to find out about Sprint's Network Vision/LTE deployment.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 8

On the main page here on the top right corner theres a donation button. If you can donate 20 or more it would be greatly appriciated as it helps support this site, but whatever you can afford will work as well.

Made a donation :)

• Like 1

He was right about WiMax? So he told you that Clearwire was deploying WiMax Protection Sites around Detroit to just meet FCC substantial service requirements? Because, if he didn't say that, he wasn't right about WiMax. Sprint is not deploying LTE Protection Sites, its a full build out. Every site. And it's under way now.

Not to sound haughty, but S4GRU is where Sprint employees come to find out about Sprint's Network Vision/LTE deployment.

I work for Sprint and not only check the site daily, but encourage customers to do so as well. Between s4gru and sensorly, we can see proof that network vision is real and rolling out fast. This is not another wimax folks.

• Like 5

I knoticed that ehrpd is not coming up in my speed tests around Detroit metro it's saying evdo a revision does anyone know what the reason behind this could be? I

ehrpd has sluggish around my area the last week. I've been kicking my phone down to straight up evdo. Much better performance. Ehrpd doesn't really mean anything at this moment until LTE gets more widespread.

I can tell you there is a tower in Detroit that is in the middle of being upgraded when I went by it last week. If you become a sponsor there are photos of it.

I am a sponsor and can't find the thread with these photos. Can you point me in the right direction.

Just kind of curious: once the sites like Howell, Flint, and New Baltimore come online, are they only on during testing, or are these sites up 24/7? I know originally Howell was only on when crews were working, but now that Michigan has been mentioned in sprints rollout updates will these sites be on permanently?

Just kind of curious: once the sites like Howell, Flint, and New Baltimore come online, are they only on during testing, or are these sites up 24/7? I know originally Howell was only on when crews were working, but now that Michigan has been mentioned in sprints rollout updates will these sites be on permanently?

When sites are complete, they are left on. Sometimes we see signals come and go during testing, and sometimes once the signal is turned on, it stays on, so it varies a bit, but we know that once a site is complete they are laving it on.

I pulled over today to write something down at Indian Trail and Booth Rd in China Township i St. Clair County, and happen to look at my phone and it was connected to 4g. I opened Sensorly and did a speed test to check the connection and downloaded about 5mbps down and 2mbps up. After that it dropped the 4g and wouldnt re-connect. I am getting pretty good 3g speeds there too comcared to usual.

I'm not sure exactely what tower I was connected to and I tried to find it with an app without luck.

Woot woot! :)

ScreenShot LTE.jpg

• Like 2

I pulled over today to write something down at Indian Trail and Booth Rd in China Township i St. Clair County, and happen to look at my phone and it was connected to 4g. I opened Sensorly and did a speed test to check the connection and downloaded about 5mbps down and 2mbps up. After that it dropped the 4g and wouldnt re-connect. I am getting pretty good 3g speeds there too comcared to usual.

I'm not sure exactely what tower I was connected to and I tried to find it with an app without luck.

Woot woot! :)

There is an accepted tower on Starville rd about 4 miles south of marine city hwy. That could be where it was coming from but that seems kind of far for a 1900 signal to travel.

I haven't made it to Swartout, but I connected to 4G at Shea Rd and Palms and it stayed connected all the way to Morrow Rd, then I turned around and headed north on Starville up to Shortcut Rd. I stopped here to do a speedtest. I will keep roving a bit to see how far north I can make it.

Can't help but smile!

LTE Starville rd.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't made it to Swartout, but I connected to 4G at Shea Rd and Palms and it stayed connected all the way to Morrow Rd, then I turned around and headed north on Starville up to Shortcut Rd. I stopped here to do a speedtest. I will keep roving a bit to see how far north I can make it.

Can't help but smile!

You should map the area on sensorly!

Its going, but its not showing up yet. :)

Make sure that you upload your sensorly data. hit menu, details, then there is a little icon with an up arrow that forces the data to upload.

Does anybody know how many Samsung rrus are needed on one sector for 4g/3G and 800?

up to 4 I believe...

1 PCS LTE

1 PCS CDMA

1 SMR LTE (non of these have been deployed)

1 SMR CDMA (1xA)

With Samsung it can be as few as two. There is a Samsung RRU that is capable of CDMA and LTE 1900 and a Samsung 800 RRU. They look different too.

At a Samsung site, a third and 4th RRU are only needed for high capacity sites. Ericsson RRU's are as jefbal describes. At least until Ericsson comes out with the RRUS12.

• Like 2

With Samsung it can be as few as two. There is a Samsung RRU that is capable of CDMA and LTE 1900 and a Samsung 800 RRU. They look different too.

At a Samsung site' date=' a third and 4th RRU are only needed for high capacity sites. Ericsson RRU's are as jefbal describes. At least until Ericsson comes out with the RRUS12.

[/quote']

Could that be why in west michigan we are seeing the single rru install?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

• Like 1