Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I work in Warren, Michigan...a suburb of Detroit. I'm at Hoover Rd, just south of 10 mile. 9 Mile and Hoover is showing up on Sensorly as having 4G service so I drove there yesterday. Sure enough, 3 bars at 4G.. Got a screen shot if anyone is interested. Today at work I have no service in 48089 and going into Roaming. I have an S3 and my father has EVO 4G LTE and we both can't get service.. Anyone know what's going on? Do I have no service because they are upgrading here to 4G? Does anyone else see this or have an issue?

Would love some tips.

Thanks!

I work in Warren, Michigan...a suburb of Detroit. I'm at Hoover Rd, just south of 10 mile. 9 Mile and Hoover is showing up on Sensorly as having 4G service so I drove there yesterday. Sure enough, 3 bars at 4G.. Got a screen shot if anyone is interested. Today at work I have no service in 48089 and going into Roaming. I have an S3 and my father has EVO 4G LTE and we both can't get service.. Anyone know what's going on? Do I have no service because they are upgrading here to 4G? Does anyone else see this or have an issue?

Would love some tips.

Thanks!

Would love some tips.

Thanks!

When you say bars are you talking about the bars next to what data service you are connect to on the top of the screen? If you are those only reference 1xvoice not the data strength. To see your data strength you need to go into the ##debug# screen. An example is right now on my gs3 im sitting on full bars(-71 RSSI) up top but my lte is only 2 or 3 bars if converted from -108 RSRP.

I noticed that a tower in Fort Gratiot was showing as accepted. I took a drive all around it and couldn't connect just after lunch. Later today I was shopping at Meijer and Boom I was connected to 4g.

The signal doesn't quite reach my house but its within about a mile. I'm really excited. Fort Gratiot is the township just north of Port Huron. I mapped some of it today. I will add more to it soon on sensorly.

Cheers,

Scott

• Like 2

Got a strong LTE signal at 15 & Utica in Clinton Township. It's already mapped on Sensorly, but I figured I'd post my speeds anyway :P

Looks like coverage has more than tripled since last month!

post-10915-0-03342700-1362244383_thumb.png

• Like 1

Here the wife and I at the site on indianwood. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362276692.140736.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362276703.836672.jpg

Wow, a smiling wife on a cell tower trip. My wife groans and gets foot rubs after we run around mapping or searching for towers.

I've been able to get LTE on my iPhone and iPad on the second floor of my house at 8 mile and novi road. It only works in one room, luckily that room is my office. Am I picking up the Plymouth tower?

I've been able to get LTE on my iPhone and iPad on the second floor of my house at 8 mile and novi road. It only works in one room, luckily that room is my office. Am I picking up the Plymouth tower?

From what I have seen so far, I would guess Plymouth.

According to the Sensorly map, there is a big gap around Farmington HIlls/Southfield and then Detroit. I live around 696 at the Orchard Lake exit and work at the Ren Cen. Is there any sites I should keep an eye out? Keep me posted and I can take some pics.

According to the Sensorly map, there is a big gap around Farmington HIlls/Southfield and then Detroit. I live around 696 at the Orchard Lake exit and work at the Ren Cen. Is there any sites I should keep an eye out? Keep me posted and I can take some pics.

Best site I have seen to find Sprint sites, https://network.sprint.com/search/48122/

Best site I have seen to find Sprint sites, https://network.sprint.com/search/48122/

The best place to see Sprint site locations is S4GRU Sponsor maps. The Sprint site only shows sites that have had maintenance upgrades in the previous six months. Our maps show every Sprint site in the country. We also have maps that show every upgraded site too.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Didn't get anything for about a mile around that area last night over there. Think you just have a clear line of sight there.

The best place to see Sprint site locations is S4GRU Sponsor maps. The Sprint site only shows sites that have had maintenance upgrades in the previous six months. Our maps show every Sprint site in the country. We also have maps that show every upgraded site too.

Not every Sprint site. There's still one I know about missing in Benton Harbor, MI. It's at 42.1054, -86.4394. You can search on Sprint's site for it: https://network.spri...om/search/49022

You can see it on google maps as well (found via antennasearch):

http://www.antennase..._number=1225974

I haven't scouted it out, but if Sprint is claiming they upgraded something there and there's a tower there, I'm guessing there are Sprint panels.

Not every Sprint site. There's still one I know about missing in Benton Harbor, MI. It's at 42.1054, -86.4394. You can search on Sprint's site for it: https://network.spri...om/search/49022

You can see it on google maps as well (found via antennasearch):

http://www.antennase..._number=1225974

I haven't scouted it out, but if Sprint is claiming they upgraded something there and there's a tower there, I'm guessing there are Sprint panels.

My point is that there is no resource that shows all the sites in the country, but we do. We show every site in the country that existed before Fall 2011. We also have every site added since Spring 2012.

There are probably a dozen or two sites added in that 4-5 month that are not in our database. However, we have added about 6 or 7 from this period that have been brought to our attention by members.

My point is that there is no resource that shows all the sites in the country, but we do. We show every site in the country that existed before Fall 2011. We also have every site added since Spring 2012.

There are probably a dozen or two sites added in that 4-5 month that are not in our database. However, we have added about 6 or 7 from this period that have been brought to our attention by members.

Yeah it's definitely worth donating just for the maps alone. How do you get the specific data (site ID, RF Switch, exact coordinates) for the ones that members have found to be missing? I could scout the site for the ID on some day it isn't snowing if that would help.

Yeah it's definitely worth donating just for the maps alone. How do you get the specific data (site ID, RF Switch, exact coordinates) for the ones that members have found to be missing? I could scout the site for the ID on some day it isn't snowing if that would help.

If members find a site, they should PM me whatever info they find. Cross streets, GPS coords, etc. If you are able to glean a site ID from the site, then that's great. But certainly not required.

If I know where a new site is, I can usually find out the rest of the info.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm blind or missing something and can't find the link to donate. I'm used to vB and this forum is a little different than the site I moderate for.

it should be on the main Page or the Wall page to the right

• Like 1