Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Here are some updated pics... "around" the site at Murphy Dr. @ Trans :) Work should be started there shortly.

https://docs.google....3lqcTVnb28/edit

And some other looks at that site at Division @ W Esplanade... just added views of each sector.

https://docs.google....UZwb1VvMkk/edit

I hope things start moving along!

--Kevin

Those RRU looking boxes on that pole have been found on other AT&T sites. But indeed those panels you took a picture of are the ones that Sprint use. And they are rather unique for Sprint's rollout. Looks like their bucket bag is hanging up in the tower as well. I'm guessing you caught the picture while they were on lunch break.

Excellent pictures! I did go through your other pictures and sent the site IDs to Robert to get them included on the In Progress list. I see you are a sponsor now, so if you see any other sites with RRU/panel work going on be sure and post a picture and drop S4GRU a PM with the site ID and link to the picture to get them the included on the list.

One request.. on that site with the "fat" looking panel on that one sector, I can almost make out the logo on the bottom of that panel. If you can find another site with them or zoom in further to that panel or something to read that logo that would be great!

Nothing new on Sensorly this evening.. I was thinking we would see something in Kenner with the second Kenner site that was reported. Think it was more towards the airport if I remember right.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

I didn't know there were reports of work in Kenner. As of 2 days ago, no work on the building at Williams and vets, or the tower by W. Esplanade.

I need to revisit Kenner and the eastbank sites south of W. Metairie this weekend. I have been to every other site on the eastbank in Metairie, and to ones along Pontchartrain Expy all the way through the city, and the only additional one there with work is the one by Claiborne.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, and will also get you the logo from that other panel.

...also, no LTE on any of the other sites in progress, that I have reported about, or the one near Claiborne (within last day).

Kevin

Whoa. 2nd kenner site? Any info on which one? I will have a chance in the morning to check it out if I know where to look. Haven't had time to navigate the sponsor section yet so maybe that is hindering me. But if you have any specifics and want me to swing by shoot me a pm (i think we can do that here).

I will also be at the upgraded Laplace site tomorrow and will report if anything has been turned on there.

Whoa. 2nd kenner site? Any info on which one? I will have a chance in the morning to check it out if I know where to look. Haven't had time to navigate the sponsor section yet so maybe that is hindering me. But if you have any specifics and want me to swing by shoot me a pm (i think we can do that here).

I will also be at the upgraded Laplace site tomorrow and will report if anything has been turned on there.

It was in the Gulf Coast thread where a member stated he spotted lte for a little bit. Or maybe it was in New Orleans east. I was looking at some things this morning and could have been confused.

As of today, still absolutely zip in Houma.

Keeping an eye on all the sites that way?

Watch the tower in Cocodrie be broadcasting LTE and we would never know it. HA! Or the tower down in Fourchon. Climbed that thing many times.

It was in the Gulf Coast thread where a member stated he spotted lte for a little bit. Or maybe it was in New Orleans east. I was looking at some things this morning and could have been confused.

I just saw the comment that I think you are referencing and they were talking about the tower by Old Six Flags in the East.

I just saw the comment that I think you are referencing and they were talking about the tower by Old Six Flags in the East.

Yep, you're right its the same site that was found last week. So back to the single LTE tower for NOLA.

There was an Ericsson ban on the 30.002823,-90.03762 tower today, maybe they're going to start working here soon.

That's my favorite google map satellite image, the AT&T van is leaving the scene of the crime!

• Like 1

Haven't seen anything new on sensorly or anywhere, hope someone finds something soon.

Checked around other sites menotned. Nothing yet , it was worth the drive to New Orleans east to see 20 mb down and 10 up. Had some free time mapped out the area a bit more.

Hope to hear something soon thanks all for updates

It won't be long now and sites will be lighting up here.

There was an Ericsson ban on the 30.002823,-90.03762 tower today, maybe they're going to start working here soon.

It would be nice to start that one. Im always dropping calls on the high rise.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It would be nice to start that one. Im always dropping calls on the high rise.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That towers has the worst service i have ever seen, 3G is just an icon because it doesn't really work, not even close to the tower. It can really use an upgrade.

Went by the Port Allen site where RRUs have been up since Thanksgiving or so. No LTE but the site was crawling with workers. I didn't have my good cam otherwise I could have read the logos on the trucks. Two guys were up on the tower about a third the way up messing with the cable rack.

Makes me wonder if there was an issue and they are revisiting. Or did the first crew install just the RRUs and panels due to no cables?

• Like 1

Past by this tower 29.986428,-90.060377 today and there were RRUs and Panels, sorry dont have any picture i dont have a camera maybe someone can pass by it and verify. Also this one 30.018576,-90.122283, i saw them from the car but im pretty sure they been upgraded, hope someone can verify this.