Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

We are waiting patiently, both sites on Clairemont Drive and Balboa Ave needs some work asap b/c it covers at least 5 sq miles of populated area. My sister lives in the area and I did check those sites every week and no progress.

There are progress on the site at the Clairemont square, they have orange markings on the parking lot right next to the cabinets. Just waiting on the back-haul provider to rip up the parking lot and lay the fiber.

Per Robert, there are many factors for the delay, but I can assure back-haul is not one of them because AT&T has fiber to both sites on Clairemont Drive and Balboa Ave. As long it meets AT&T min requirement (power, conduit etc.), we are looking at 30-45 days install window.

For me, the biggest issue is the interruption of service. I don't care if it takes a year to get LTE there, I see it as unacceptable to have no data signal.

• Like 1

For me, the biggest issue is the interruption of service. I don't care if it takes a year to get LTE there, I see it as unacceptable to have no data signal.

Amen. I was in National City, El Cajon and Kearney Mesa yesterday. I kept losing 4G, either dropping to 3G or 1x, and even data roaming several times. It was very frustrating. It was also happening at my house in Spring Valley  :(

I'll be at client sites Downtown and Sorrento Mesa today, with a short stop in Kearney Mesa. Hopefully whatever the problem was the last two days has been resolved.

have a great day,

john

I was browsing through the San Diego market, and noticed 3G/LTE Pico Cell in the acceptance report. Will some please explain what that is, and how it works? 

I was browsing through the San Diego market, and noticed 3G/LTE Pico Cell in the acceptance report. Will some please explain what that is, and how it works? 

A limited coverage, limited power base station usually used indoors. Can be found in malls, large package or home improvement stores, large businesses, etc. 

• Like 2

Another permit was applied by Sprint.  Total of 11 permits applied, 2 has been approved for 8T8R deployments. Today's permit application was for a site in Vista, CA.

• Like 1

I'm in Vista just about every weekend, and many locations in Vista need a tune up. Service hasn't been all that great the last couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely they will focus on congested sites first. Hopefully we start seeing more permits again this coming week. I am thinking about calling the listed person on the permits to see the hold up.

• Like 1

Sprint proposes to modify its wireless telecommunications facility located at Tecalote Drive. Lot 7 (Pala Mesa C. Club), Fallbrook, CA 92028. The modification consists of adding 4 panel antennas to the existing 2 antennas to bring the total antenna count back up to the 6 antennas entitled. Sprint also proposes to add 4 RRHs. (1) 2' MW dish, 1 equipment cabinet, and 1 Top Hat cabinet extension

I noticed this today while performing a permit search. Is it rare that they are installing a microwave dish? Is this possibly a new direction for Sprint if fiber is hard to come by?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

YungRated619, all the info on specific Band 41 deployments is in the Premier Sponsor section which is achieved with a $100 donation or $100 total donated over time. As far as what is there specifically as far as actual locations, that'd probably be something a moderator or Robert (S4GRU, website owner) would have to chime in on :)

Here is the info on donating:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Is there any information around I.B. area like 8T8R and Spark or any new tower plan to be build also how do i become a premier sponsor and how much would it be?

We do have 8T8R information like which sites have been upgraded and live that we're posting real soon alongside the regular network vision information likes sites physically upgraded and the like. 

Premier sponsors get B41 + B26 information while regular sponsors get the NV 1.0 information. 

• Like 1

Interesting article.  http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/oct/03/verizon-conflict-lightner-cell-contract-sprint/

City is on month to month with Sprint and I guess it is Sprint that is not moving fast enough with the upgrades?  I recall Sprint was to have city of San Diego upgrades completed by May 2014.  We are not even close to NV 1.0 being completed and is already October.

I've experienced HD voice call Friday afternoon while I was on my lunch break with my non Tri-Band S4. I was in Encinitas, at the Sprouts Farmers Market on Encinitas Blvd. I made 2 phone calls using my car bluetooth while sitting in the parking lot. I didn't make anything of it. The 2nd call I made, it sounded a little louder, and the person I was talking to sounded very crisp, but the call was choppy here and there as if it was cutting out. That location has great LTE and voice signal. When I went back to work, I was going to make another call I made earlier in the morning. While scrolling through, I noticed for the first time seeing a HD symbol on the right to the time the call was made at that number . I was actually surprised, and excited to see that. I was scrolling through the rest of my call history, and didn't see any other HD symbols. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xybt0cimmxm1p1n/2014-10-03%2016.57.20.png?dl=0

I was at a dental appointment this morning in Cardiff off of Birmingham Dr/San Eljio Ave. The building has a bunch of medical and dental offices that has antennas pretty much around the roof tops, which is also a Sprint site. While sitting in my car before it was time for my appointment, I made a phone call and noticed way better voice compared to the time I was last there nearly 6 months ago. Same goes for data, which was very fast. I got out and took some pics. Nothing looks new from what I seen, but here's what I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4k8bms0rajzldl/AABhq2jzXHns4XC7d3wr66bha?dl=0

• Like 1

Many sites will get Band 41 this year. Hopefully Nextel Mexico can move to B27 asap so we can see B26.

That was a good one, NII has other issues at the moment and it would be cheaper for Sprint just to buy NII and do it all together.

Nice

Based on member requests, we will extend this offer through 12 Noon on Saturday, October 18th. And you will also get access to the LA, OC and Riverside/San Bernardino schedule maps too.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...