Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

I was at the Krispy Kreme in Clairemont this morning and I got 1mbps or so down on 3G. Not sure what tower I was on but there is one in that shopping center that's 3G only according to the sites complete map. Does that mean the backhaul is there already and they just need to turn on LTE, or did I get the fast speeds because I was really close to the tower?

I work at the corner of Balboa and Genessee and I have been getting 1.5 to 1.9 mbps  for at least six months now.  All of Clairemont has been largely ignored so far according to the upgrade map.

I was at the Krispy Kreme in Clairemont this morning and I got 1mbps or so down on 3G. Not sure what tower I was on but there is one in that shopping center that's 3G only according to the sites complete map. Does that mean the backhaul is there already and they just need to turn on LTE, or did I get the fast speeds because I was really close to the tower?

Site is located on TJ Max roof in Clairemont Square and Genesee/Clairemont on Lele's Cleaners.  Both are 3G accepted.  Most likely waiting for AT&T fiber back-haul.  If it was a different back-haul provider such as Cox; LTE would have been live by now.

I work at the corner of Balboa and Genessee and I have been getting 1.5 to 1.9 mbps  for at least six months now.  All of Clairemont has been largely ignored so far according to the upgrade map.

Many sites in Clairemont are in progress since 2012.  You can see some here:

http://docs.sandiego.gov/citybulletin_publicnotices/PublicHearings/Web-Sprint%20Nextel%20Jutland.pdf

http://docs.sandiego.gov/citybulletin_publicnotices/LandUseAndDevelopment/PN1300%2520%2523286955%2520NA%252012-13-12.pdf (This site is 3G accepted)

All sites in San Diego I would guess has to go through city hearings/appeals?

• Like 1

I posted this in another section a while back, and was hoping someone had any info so I'll post here.

As for the Oceanside areas of 92056 and 92057, what's the hold up at site SD54XC172 loacted at this park? Here's the approval records http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=30644.  I live a couple of miles from it, and I'm pretty sure if LTE was up and running here, it will pretty much cover the 92056-7 spots. Besides Camp Pendleton, these 2 zips are pretty much left out in Oceanside, while the rest of O'side has full to spotty LTE coverage.

Oceanside.png

Oceanside2.png

MLKPark.jpg

I posted this in another section a while back, and was hoping someone had any info so I'll post here.

As for the Oceanside areas of 92056 and 92057, what's the hold up at site SD54XC172 loacted at this park? Here's the approval records http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=30644.  I live a couple of miles from it, and I'm pretty sure if LTE was up and running here, it will pretty much cover the 92056-7 spots. Besides Camp Pendleton, these 2 zips are pretty much left out in Oceanside, while the rest of O'side has full to spotty LTE coverage.

Have you tried visiting the site?  Do you see any electrical work completed? The Network Vision goes in phases and from what I remember talking to one of the electricians working on a Sprint NV site in San Diego said once permit is ready they start with electrical work for back-haul.  If electrical is not ready, back-haul gets stalled.

Specially AT&T is very picky with the electrical work, if it is not to their standards they will not pull in the fiber.  If there is no fiber = no hardware to install.

Have you tried visiting the site?  Do you see any electrical work completed? The Network Vision goes in phases and from what I remember talking to one of the electricians working on a Sprint NV site in San Diego said once permit is ready they start with electrical work for back-haul.  If electrical is not ready, back-haul gets stalled.

Specially AT&T is very picky with the electrical work, if it is not to their standards they will not pull in the fiber.  If there is no fiber = no hardware to install.

Yes I've been to this site numerous of times, and there isn't a thing there. No signs of anything.

Yes I've been to this site numerous of times, and there isn't a thing there. No signs of anything.

The document was signed in May 2013.  Pretty sure something will kick off soon.

One of the problems with Sensorly is that you can't tell if an LTE signal isn't showing up because no one has mapped it, or because there isn't an LTE signal there.  In Pacific Beach, for instance, I'll bet it's been mapped and there isn't any LTE there, but nothing shows up on Sensorly, so you're left to wonder.

Hey Marv, if you can someday, would it be possible for you to take a mapping drive of some more of Encinitas?  It would be great to map this route.  Take Olivenhain Rd (near Home Depot), east to Rancho Santa Fe Rd, then go south, past the Old Olivenhain Meeting Hall and the Original House of Pancakes, down to Manchester.  Go south / west past Mira Costa College and under the fwy to the coast and then back up to Leucadia Blvd?  Or, if you've already done it, and no LTE mapped out, that would be really good to know too.

Thx!

I've been staying in Escondido all this week.  I have not gotten any LTE in this town, from Stone Brewing to Welk Resorts to Safari Park.  Nada.

3G speeds are decent ranging between .5 to 1mbp up/down, except at the Safari Park where it's a third of that.

My 3g connection has been really slow the past few weeks at my office. I can't even stream Pandora. I avoid the wifi at work because it sucks too. I was consistently getting 1.5 DL and now I'm lucky to get 0.1

The response time is still below 100. Morena Blvd off of the 8 freeway.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

One of the problems with Sensorly is that you can't tell if an LTE signal isn't showing up because no one has mapped it, or because there isn't an LTE signal there.  In Pacific Beach, for instance, I'll bet it's been mapped and there isn't any LTE there, but nothing shows up on Sensorly, so you're left to wonder. Hey Marv, if you can someday, would it be possible for you to take a mapping drive of some more of Encinitas?  It would be great to map this route.  Take Olivenhain Rd (near Home Depot), east to Rancho Santa Fe Rd, then go south, past the Old Olivenhain Meeting Hall and the Original House of Pancakes, down to Manchester.  Go south / west past Mira Costa College and under the fwy to the coast and then back up to Leucadia Blvd?  Or, if you've already done it, and no LTE mapped out, that would be really good to know too. Thx!

I've been on that route a couple of times, and nothing changed. Still 3G in those areas. Check out Sensorly.

Even I wonder why that area isn't lit up with LTE, while surrounding areas are.

Not sure what's going on in Pacific Beach & Mission Beach, but it seems like that part of San Diego is a black LTE hole. Don't know if it's because Alca-Lu is so busy around the rest of the county or city government bureaucracy getting in the way. Seems like that entire part of the city still has legacy equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Marv, if you can someday, would it be possible for you to take a mapping drive of some more of Encinitas?  It would be great to map this route.  Take Olivenhain Rd (near Home Depot), east to Rancho Santa Fe Rd, then go south, past the Old Olivenhain Meeting Hall and the Original House of Pancakes, down to Manchester.  Go south / west past Mira Costa College and under the fwy to the coast and then back up to Leucadia Blvd?  Or, if you've already done it, and no LTE mapped out, that would be really good to know too.

Thx!

3dog, I looked at the tower maps last night, and noticed a new LTE update east of Encinitas Blvd where it meets up with Manchester/Rancho Santa Fe. I will go see what's up mapping wise Monday afternoon during my lunch. Hopefully that loop can be mapped this time around.

I seen another LTE update in Vista, and picked up a quick LTE signal that turned back to 3G on North Santa Fe Ave, passing by the North Coast Church. Was to quick to map. Very fast 3G speeds that continued on North Santa Fe Ave/Osborne St. The updated tower is close to the Osborne St location.  Got back on North Santa Fe Ave, and picked up LTE throughout heading into downtown Vista that popped up at the N. Santa Fe Ave/West Bobier which has been mapped.

3dog, I looked at the tower maps last night, and noticed a new LTE update east of Encinitas Blvd where it meets up with Manchester/Rancho Santa Fe. I will go see what's up mapping wise Monday afternoon during my lunch. Hopefully that loop can be mapped this time around.

That's excellent Marv.  Thanks.

Also, If you happen past it, while crusing around today I noticed some cellular equipment on a telephone pole on the east side of RSF Rd, just south of Camino Del Norte.  Is that Sprint equipment too?

3dog, I went out early this morn and did some mapping on Rancho Sante Fe Rd and Manchester. I had LTE passing by the Townhall. I seen the equipment you mentioned, pulled over, and took a few pics of it I will post sometime this evening. As for that updated LTE site, it's located on top of a 2 story medical building behind the Rite Aid on east Encinitas Blvd/Manchester. Has 3 antennas. I did 2 speed tests and got very nice speeds of 24 and 25 down with 10 up. I also took pics of the building.

There is a NV site site on Turquoise near Cass that just showed up a few days ago.  Not LTE yet, but it's a start.

Not sure what's going on in Pacific Beach & Mission Beach, but it seems like that part of San Diego is a black LTE hole.

Here's the pics from this morning. Need an expert to verify if the equipment on electrical pole is Sprint. Also speed tests at updated site location standing in front of the medical building by the Encinitas Blvd/Manchester/Ranch Santa Fe Rd intersection.

http://db.tt/VuRog05E

Screenshot_2013-06-30-08-13-49.png

Screenshot_2013-06-30-08-13-30.png

Great Pic's on the link Marv. Hopefully one of the gurus can tell us who uses the equipment on the telephone pole.  Good to know they've finally got 4G up and running.  Anxious to see the Sensorly mapping.

Thankx for mapping that out. Seems like Sprint's continuing to make some progress.

Edited by 3dog