Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Great Pic's on the link Marv. Hopefully one of the gurus can tell us who uses the equipment on the telephone pole.  Good to know they've finally got 4G up and running.  Anxious to see the Sensorly mapping.

Thankx for mapping that out. Seems like Sprint's continuing to make some progress.

Thanks! I hope the gurus come out. I'm still learning at the same time. About a month and half ago, while was mapping El Camino Real/Manchester from north to south, then tried east without picking up LTE. While continuing heading north on Manchester (eastside), I noticed 2 ATT vans and crews scoping out an open field just before that main intersection where Manchester/Rancho Santa Fe Rd meets. There's a home next to this open field. While mapping yesterday morning, I noticed a bunch of flags that were laid down. I wonder what's happening there? If you drvie by there anytime soon, you'll see what I'm talking about.

... or city government bureaucracy getting in the way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This. Look at the Joker aka filner. King of bureaucracy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Got this on my phone this morning. Is SD closer to being announced?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I hope not. There are many bad 3g spots still in major parts of town.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

its weird how i used to always get 4g in my room and now i never pick up 4g except at night and outside my house i do. they really need to work on san ysidro tho, their 3g service hasn't even been upgraded yet. they still have .03mbps speeds

In my part of Pt. Loma there are two active LTE sites- one near Sunset Cliffs and Pt. Loma Ave. and the other at Catalina Blvd. and Talbot St.  I've walked the area several times and the purple looks great on the Sensorly map.

When out walking in the pale purple- not the lightest tho' - I get the nice LTE access, but until yesterday I've never got LTE at home which is also in pale purple.  For a glorious six hours I had 20 down and 6 up in the early evening.  Now, it's back to 1.5 down and 0.6 up.

Hmm with all the pops and grackles last night, do fireworks enhance LTE signals?

I think the pale/dark measures voice, not data. So it's a weird map, showing voice strength where there is LTE data. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've run a bunch of times around Point Loma while mapping, there is definitely some decent coverage there.

I think the pale/dark measures voice, not data. So it's a weird map, showing voice strength where there is LTE data. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've run a bunch of times around Point Loma while mapping, there is definitely some decent coverage there.

Sensorly plots the LTE signal strength, not voice.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me, or is San Diego at a complete halt?

It may be to the point that there is just enough LTE out there that it's harder to notice new coverage. San Diego has still been churning out a few updates every couple days, which is about the same speed that things have been going all along. 

I think a lot of sites are just waiting for backhaul at this point.

That is the biggest problem with network vision as a whole, backhaul. I think if sprint knew, that backhaul would slow them down so much. They would have ordered it a lot sooner, also u have everyone upgrading to lte all at one. That doesnt help when everyone is trying to get backhaul, it is great for the companies that provide the backhaul though

I was just up in Pasadena for 4-days and it was really nice having solid, consistent 4G. On my EVO 4G LTE I was averaging 10mbps, but at the same time my wife's iPhone5 was getting about 20mbps.  I'm tired of being teased with 4G around here.  When the Moto X comes out next month, if things haven't improved by then, I'm seriously considering jumping ship. Sprint's done a good job at wearing out a loyal customer. I know the just wait, just wait, things will get better argument...but I've been just waiting since my original EVO 4G wimax days.  I'm on the edge, man..talk me off the edge!

I was just up in Pasadena for 4-days and it was really nice having solid, consistent 4G. On my EVO 4G LTE I was averaging 10mbps, but at the same time my wife's iPhone5 was getting about 20mbps.  I'm tired of being teased with 4G around here.  When the Moto X comes out next month, if things haven't improved by then, I'm seriously considering jumping ship. Sprint's done a good job at wearing out a loyal customer. I know the just wait, just wait, things will get better argument...but I've been just waiting since my original EVO 4G wimax days.  I'm on the edge, man..talk me off the edge!

There are a lot of towers that have been upgraded for 3G but not 4G. I think a lot of them are going to go to 4G in a short timeframe once fiber's in place; we just don't know when that'll happen. (Hopefully soon!)

Re-listen to Eric Clapton's mega hit from 1993:  "Runnin on Faith"

Anyone in PB?  Any LTE signal there?  There is a site there with "2 data speed upgrades"

From my observation since we started getting LTE, all "2 data speed upgrades" are confirmed in San Diego with LTE.

pb.png

Found another site with 2 data speed upgrades.  This one is in downtown on Ash/10th.  If someone is in downtown, please see if there is any LTE broadcasting there.  

Site with 2 data speed upgrades on Pacific Highway/Ash hasn't been mapped.  Sponsor map shows 4G LTE at that site.

downtome.png

downtome.png

That is the biggest problem with network vision as a whole, backhaul. I think if sprint knew, that backhaul would slow them down so much. They would have ordered it a lot sooner, also u have everyone upgrading to lte all at one. That doesnt help when everyone is trying to get backhaul, it is great for the companies that provide the backhaul though

The fact that in San Diego, AT&T provides back-haul for itself, Verizon, T-Mobile.  It will take some time because AT&T will take its precious time.  Eventually it will be done.  Most sites in San Diego  that has Cox back-haul has LTE.

Check out the sprint.com coverage maps.  If you see 2 data speed upgrades, it is most likely a site with LTE. I haven't been proven wrong yet!  All 2 data speed upgrades shows 4G LTE on sponsors map.

Check out the http://network.sprint.com maps..  If you see 2 data speed upgrades, it is most likely a site with LTE. 99% of the 2 data speed upgrades shows 4G LTE on sponsors map. Only a few not showing 4G because its probably a new accepted site.

Anyone in PB?  Any LTE signal there?  There is a site there with "2 data speed upgrades"

From my observation since we started getting LTE, all "2 data speed upgrades" are confirmed in San Diego with LTE.

I was there earlier tonight. Tried to map but it claimed it mapped 0 points or something for 2G, 3G and 4G. It's possible it didn't work correctly.  :(