Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I asked a couple posts back and never got an answer so I'll bump it up.

Is it possible to be using 800 for voice without it reporting to signalcheck? I was connected to a tower about 6 miles away when my home tower is only a half mile away. Eventually it switched but I'm just curious if it's possible or if I just don't have the app setup right.

I asked a couple posts back and never got an answer so I'll bump it up.

Is it possible to be using 800 for voice without it reporting to signalcheck? I was connected to a tower about 6 miles away when my home tower is only a half mile away. Eventually it switched but I'm just curious if it's possible or if I just don't have the app setup right.

So you're really asking if Signal Check could be wrong? Like could you actually be connected to 1x800, but signal check is still saying 1XRTT? 

How did you know you were connected to a tower 6 miles away?

Most likely you're connected to that other tower 6 miles away with 800. The PRL is prioritizing 1x800 over 1xRTT. Sounds like your closer tower is not broadcasting 800 but you've got better or enough signal for your phone to latch onto that 800SMR signal.

My tower did that for two days until it was broadcasting 800SMR. Does your closer tower have NV equipment on it? It might light up soon with 800. If it does, get ready to party.....with LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pretty much.

The tower it showed me connected to is in the picture I posted up above. When I clicked the address it told me it would be x amount of minutes to get there and it was about 6.5 miles away.

:) Sorry man, I have no idea. I would never rule out a software application having a glitch here or there. So you very well could have been on 1x800 and Signal Check just messed up that time. Signal Check seems to be pretty accurate for me, but there's always a chance.

I'm going to uninstall then download it again to see if it does the same thing.

My home tower does have NV equipment installed but lte hasn't been turned on yet. It's only a 3g complete tower. Im still impressed with it though. I have full bars in my basement and get almost 2.5 mgs down.

Pretty much.

The tower it showed me connected to is in the picture I posted up above. When I clicked the address it told me it would be x amount of minutes to get there and it was about 6.5 miles away.

If you are connected to 800, signal check will show that.

Connecting to a site 6 miles away is not unreasonable, even on PCS 1x. That's a perfectly normal range for that frequency.

If you are connected to 800, signal check will show that.

Connecting to a site 6 miles away is not unreasonable, even on PCS 1x. That's a perfectly normal range for that frequency.

It's only when I drive into town and then back out to my house that I'll catch it. After a little while my phone switches to my home tower.

I've forced my phone to switch to my home tower when I'm at work on 800 and that's about 10 miles away. 6 should be nothing for us when we're all done.

It's only when I drive into town and then back out to my house that I'll catch it. After a little while my phone switches to my home tower.

I've forced my phone to switch to my home tower when I'm at work on 800 and that's about 10 miles away. 6 should be nothing for us when we're all done.

Is there a way to set it 800 only?

I picked up LTE again for a short time today near National and Sunnyslope in New Berlin where I haven't seen it in quite a few weeks. Must be signs of good things soon to come!

Ehh, I'm thinking those blips are most likely the very outer edges from the Waukesha or West Allis LTE towers. I hope I'm wrong though! I hope they are testing some other ones in the area! Although I don't think I've seen any NV equipment on the i43 and moorland Rd tower or the Cleveland & Calhoun tower :/

What's the hold up on the state street tower? Still only getting LTE from old university

No idea! My only guess would be they're waiting for the 5 downtown most towers to all go at once. The only 5 remaining. 3/5 have NV equipment as of a couple weeks ago.

Actually, you're a sponsor so could you look up the addresses of the two towers downtown nearest the Capitol and go see of they have NV equipment on them? Follow the links in my signatures for the sites and pictures of what to look for. One is off Henry, big apt building. The other is a small apartment building with the legacy equipment visible last I checked 3 weeks ago before these acceptances started to happen. Just off East Wash behind that new huge apt building. Really wish Sprint would relocate towers to some higher positions.

Wasn't sure if you could go over to them quick since you're more in that area than I am. I can't make it during day light any more.

• Like 1

Picked up 800 for a little bit this morning in Sussex from a tower near the Marcus theatre in Menomonee Falls! It was not showing BSL in signalcheck, but when I mapped it, it showed the exact location of that tower.

Edit: screenshot attached.  Made a call and it worked fine... just a little choppy.  It seems to hang on to the 800 signal in my house, rather than going to the tower I can see out my window.

Screenshot_2013-11-20-06-37-22.png

One thing that I have noticed here in the Madison area now that a number of the towers are done is the incredible voice quality when you make a call between 2 phones that are HD voice capeable. Called up one of my buddies last bight and honestly though he was in the room having a conversation with me. For reference, u have the N5 and he has the EVO LTE. Once everything is all done, Sprint is really going to have the upper hand over the competitors with a number of their features!

One thing that I have noticed here in the Madison area now that a number of the towers are done is the incredible voice quality when you make a call between 2 phones that are HD voice capeable. Called up one of my buddies last bight and honestly though he was in the room having a conversation with me. For reference, u have the N5 and he has the EVO LTE. Once everything is all done, Sprint is really going to have the upper hand over the competitors with a number of their features!

Have you detected any Band 26 LTE in Madison? That's the 800LTE band. Curious since you have the ability to see it if live.

There's a penske box truck back at my tower this am. Clean up crew? 2600 crew? Or different carrier work? One of the Madison crews were using a penske box truck for Sprint work.

Amazingly was bouncing between the Menomonee falls watertower and a Germantown donges bay tower on silver spring drive down by the new wheda housing. That's much father than I thought it would go!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I flashed to the sponsor PRL that prioritizes 800 over 1900...  I'm going to flash back because for example in Delafield, my phone is trying to use the Oconomowoc tower broadcasting 800 when I can see the Sprint tower across the freeway with strong 1900!