Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Thats not true...

I went and got a N5 and cannot pickup my home tower which is 3g and 4g accepted....heading into sprint at lunch today to get some more info...ill report back as sprint support hasnt been much help.

Guess i shouldn't have jumped the gun on the N5 and gotten it on the release date!

It is true. But there are many variables. If you're not connected to a new 3G accepted site with eCSFB, but rather another site, then it's a no go. Or if the CSFB from a new site is not currently operating. But we assure you the problem is because with Triband devices there is a single transmission path. In order to go into LTE mode, it needs to be able to fall back to 1x to accept/make calls/texts. If your device doesn't detect CSFB, then it stays on 1x to ensure your ability for voice/text.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It is true. But there are many variables. If you're not connected to a new 3G accepted site with eCSFB, but rather another site, then it's a no go. Or if the CSFB from a new site is not currently operating. But we assure you the problem is because with Triband devices there is a single transmission path. In order to go into LTE mode, it needs to be able to fall back to 1x to accept/make calls/texts. If your device doesn't detect CSFB, then it stays on 1x to ensure your ability for voice/text.

Hey Robert, what's up with the site's notifications?  Not getting them by email for several days now, and now Tapatalk isn't giving them to me either?  My other forums (like XDA, etc.) email notifications and tapatalk notifications are working fine though. 

Hey Robert, what's up with the site's notifications?  Not getting them by email for several days now, and now Tapatalk isn't giving them to me either?  My other forums (like XDA, etc.) email notifications and tapatalk notifications are working fine though. 

Any estimates on the time to fix this problem?  I just bought my G2 and if this isn't going to be taken care of soon I want to be able to return it and get a current phone in the spring. 

Thank you for the clarification Robert.  I havent been able to find very much on these issues, and your explanation definitely helps.  I have been looking at the smartphone  section of the forum but hadnt really been able to make heads nor tails of the comments over there.  If it has to do with the Triband devices, is it a software issue on the phone or does there have to be a update made to the site. (something separate from the upgrade process).

sorry for the extra questions, i just find this stuff really interesting!  :)

additional note, since i went into the sprint store before i saw roberts reply, the high crossing tower is apparently being worked on today per the repair tech at sprint.  he said he got an email this morning saying that tower was being worked on...so anyone on the far east side may see some degraded service...

At Broom and Washington. This actually happened a short time ago. Unfortunately it didn't last long. I'm sure we are finally close to the finish line. :-)

We really need those few downtown towers to light up. Data is real finicky down there right now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if a site has to be tested by Samsung/Sprint to be 3G approved?  I'm still surprised how quiet Milwaukee is.  3 months?

Yea, it has been VERY quiet around Milwaukee for the past couple months in terms of actual acceptances. I think we will be getting a landslide of acceptances very soon. Just look at what happened in Madison. Within a matter of 1 week, pretty much all their sites have acceptances of one form or another. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing that yes, a site has to be inspected by a Samsung/Sprint person to be 3G Accepted.

Yea, it has been VERY quiet around Milwaukee for the past couple months in terms of actual acceptances. I think we will be getting a landslide of acceptances very soon. Just look at what happened in Madison. Within a matter of 1 week, pretty much all their sites have acceptances of one form or another. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing that yes, a site has to be inspected by a Samsung/Sprint person to be 3G Accepted.

I know that for example, S4GRU users noticed that the tower both at UW-Waukesha and WCTC were worked on months and months ago.  The testing resources must all be north and west! :(

Enjoy it Madison people!

Im hoping the same thing. There have been no acceptances in the metro milwaukee area for 4-6 months. I really hope it comes beofore the end of the year!

I know that for example, S4GRU users noticed that the tower both at UW-Waukesha and WCTC were worked on months and months ago.  The testing resources must all be north and west! :(

Enjoy it Madison people!

Yea, I was the one who talked to the crew who worked on the UW-Waukesha tower. That was quite a while ago. I know there are a big chunk of sites completed in the Milwaukee area, just not accepted yet. There are just so many sites around here that we haven't bothered to report them to the "in progress" thread. 

Just looking at shear number of towers, I always thought that finishing Madison first just made sense because we only have a handful of towers compared to Milwaukee.  From a marketing stand point, you could say you launched a major city in Wisconsin.

I'm fairly certain Milwaukee will happen just like Madison.  It was easier for me to get those few Madison towers pictured and put on the in progress thread. That gave us a potential clue as to when we'd start to see acceptances, then they fell like dominoes.  It'll be that way in Milwaukee too.  No doubt.  If you start to see 1x800 popping up in new places, then your time is near.  We're practically all 1x800 here save for a few towers.

We also have Mangurt tweeting daily about the atrocious service here.....so perhaps they just wanted to shut him up? :)

• Like 2

Just looking at shear number of towers, I always thought that finishing Madison first just made sense because we only have a handful of towers compared to Milwaukee.  From a marketing stand point, you could say you launched a major city in Wisconsin.

I'm fairly certain Milwaukee will happen just like Madison.  It was easier for me to get those few Madison towers pictured and put on the in progress thread. That gave us a potential clue as to when we'd start to see acceptances, then they fell like dominoes.  It'll be that way in Milwaukee too.  No doubt.  If you start to see 1x800 popping up in new places, then your time is near.  We're practically all 1x800 here save for a few towers.

We also have Mangurt tweeting daily about the atrocious service here.....so perhaps they just wanted to shut him up? :)

sometimes the squeaky wheel gets oiled.