Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Yeah I was just downtown and got some LTE but not much. West Washington did not appear to be broadcasting. I'm sure it will be tomorrow.

I'm getting pretty good speeds here in Fitchburg

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Does anyone in the Milwaukee market have a Nexus 5? I bought mine from the Play Store and have not been able to connect to LTE.

Yes, since I got that awesome LTE signal yesterday I thought I'd go get the nexus and now dont have LTE again. Appears to be an issue with the G2 as well, so we're not alone.

Yes, since I got that awesome LTE signal yesterday I thought I'd go get the nexus and now dont have LTE again. Appears to be an issue with the G2 as well, so we're not alone.

Ok cool. I think it is a regional issue and if you are not in a mature LTE market it will not connect. I just wanted to verify i was not the only one. 

I mapped about 2500 4G points today in Sensorly all around town. Pretty amazing the speeds and consistency of the network already. Got LTE inside the Great Dane Fitchburg last night too. That place was a roaming dead zone.

Good to see its performing at the Camp today.

• Like 1

This is the speed test from Camp Randall during the game. The LTE was spotty and in and out. I would have expected higher speeds, but I imagine it was slow due to the number of people at the stadium.

Also, LTE is HIGHLY signal dependent, so having only 1 bar would also drastically lower the speeds you would get.

Good news for Milwaukee people!! I went to Marcus North shore tonight and was bouncing in and out of 1x800 the whole time. THEY ARE TESTING HERE!!!!!!

I have a screenshot posted with all the tower information (i think?) Can someone please confirm if this was the tower right next to the theater, or the next one farther south (or if I'm just completely wrong, and which tower it was pulling from).

post-26457-0-85029500-1384057517_thumb.png

• Like 1

This is the speed test from Camp Randall during the game. The LTE was spotty and in and out. I would have expected higher speeds, but I imagine it was slow due to the number of people at the stadium.

So I also don't think the West Washington tower is on yet either. It's going to depend highly on where you are in the stadium, I think. The University Ave tower is behind a hill for most of the camp. So I'd think you'd get served by the West Washington tower or the state Street tower (which I'm not sure about its broadcasting status either).

All in all, I think a usable signal is worthwhile now. Not the speeds.

Good news for Milwaukee people!! I went to Marcus North shore tonight and was bouncing in and out of 1x800 the whole time. THEY ARE TESTING HERE!!!!!!

I have a screenshot posted with all the tower information (i think?) Can someone please confirm if this was the tower right next to the theater, or the next one farther south (or if I'm just completely wrong, and which tower it was pulling from).

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_2554.PNG

Sorry, that was US Cellular you were roaming on. They are SID 5

I am used to roaming on them inside buildings :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just ordered a G2.  On the G2 owner's thread there is a discussion on the new tri-band phones having problems connecting to LTE in certain markets, its called the eCSFB Gap issue.  I don't really understand all the details honestly. Not sure what makes a market incumbent or not.

It's seeming like the Milwaukee area may have this problem.  Does anyone know for sure?

I'm now trying to decide if I should return the G2 and get a non-triband phone, keep it and wait, or just finally give up on Sprint and switch carriers.

Can Sprint stop shooting themselves in the foot? A new tri-band phone, that can only connect to 3G in some markets? Really?

I just ordered a G2. On the G2 owner's thread there is a discussion on the new tri-band phones having problems connecting to LTE in certain markets, its called the eCSFB Gap issue. I don't really understand all the details honestly. Not sure what makes a market incumbent or not.

It's seeming like the Milwaukee area may have this problem. Does anyone know for sure?

I'm now trying to decide if I should return the G2 and get a non-triband phone, keep it and wait, or just finally give up on Sprint and switch carriers.

Can Sprint stop shooting themselves in the foot? A new tri-band phone, that can only connect to 3G in some markets? Really?

Are you surprised. I have the G2 on T-Mobile with no issues thing is smoove. However I think the best phone on Sprint is the moto x. I have been receiving service where I normally have had no reception.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

That sounds awful about the LG G2 and perhaps the N5?!

Update on Madison towers quick, Verona, Prairie St. Madison, Northside Madison, and perhaps High Point Towers are NOT broadcasting LTE but are broadcasting 800SMR. Those are the only ones I've seen not broadcasting in my travels this weekend.

I just ordered a G2.  On the G2 owner's thread there is a discussion on the new tri-band phones having problems connecting to LTE in certain markets, its called the eCSFB Gap issue.  I don't really understand all the details honestly. Not sure what makes a market incumbent or not.

It's seeming like the Milwaukee area may have this problem.  Does anyone know for sure?

Milwaukee may suffer the from the problem initially, but Samsung is poised to fix it very quickly.

It seems this is the reason that they have been working so hard to get all the equipment installed. When they do their sweep of acceptances, and switch on NV 3G everywhere, that will take care of the problem.

So know that if you are seeing the gap problem, it will not last very long.

• Like 1

Just got back from Platteville.  Screen shots of some new points I saw around Verona.  Still no LTE, but a good strong 800 signal.

Those screenshots indicate that you're connect to the Prairie St Tower, which is not in Verona, its up off Maple Grove.  I had very spotty connection to the Verona tower when I was down there yesterday.  I did get some mapped LTE but it was from my Fitchburg Tower.  On my drive in, Monroe street is still a mess, hardly any signal there, no LTE for sure, but appears to be improved eHRPD strength. I think once the West Wash towers are live, things should be better.  Still spotty downtown Madison proper. 

I did pull 16.53 down and 9.47 up right outside Camp Randall from the University Ave tower.  

Those screenshots indicate that you're connect to the Prairie St Tower, which is not in Verona, its up off Maple Grove.  I had very spotty connection to the Verona tower when I was down there yesterday.  I did get some mapped LTE but it was from my Fitchburg Tower.  On my drive in, Monroe street is still a mess, hardly any signal there, no LTE for sure, but appears to be improved eHRPD strength. I think once the West Wash towers are live, things should be better.  Still spotty downtown Madison proper. 

I did pull 16.53 down and 9.47 up right outside Camp Randall from the University Ave tower.  

One of the screen shots was from Dairy Lane in Verona.  I will be out there this afternoon, and I will see if I get some LTE.

It appears the g2 and n5 will not pick up lte on towers that are only 4g accepted.

As more towers become 3g accepted this won't be a problem

Thats not true...

I went and got a N5 and cannot pickup my home tower which is 3g and 4g accepted....heading into sprint at lunch today to get some more info...ill report back as sprint support hasnt been much help.

Guess i shouldn't have jumped the gun on the N5 and gotten it on the release date!