Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

From reading other posts, it sounds like 800 LTE would be turned on only in clusters, not one at a time.

1x800 is voice only. 800 LTE is a ways away yet. I suspect Sprint will wait until a significant number of tri band phones are on the street. In the meantime many existing customers will benefit from the 1x800 voice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

1x800 is voice only. 800 LTE is a was away yet. I suspect Sprint will wait until a significant number of tri band phones are on the street. In the meantime many existing customers will benefit from the 1x800 voice.

If this was to me I was talking about voice. Not lte.

For Milwaukee I bet we won't see 800 lte til mid next year at the earliest.

LTE in Germantown!

800 from all 3 towers on the area over the last couple days and now LTE is live. If it is still up, I will do some mapping in the morning. Just mapped a couple points tonight.

• Like 1

So is the general consensus that the market needs to be complete before throwing the switch on 800LTE? What timeframe are you guys predicting for our market to be done?

800 LTE won't wait for the market to be complete. They will begin activating 800 LTE before the end of the year, likely the end of this month or early December. 

We don't have an exact timeline on 800 LTE activations, or which areas will see it first. 

There are some indications that the majority of sites that have 1900 LTE online are also ready for 800 LTE. It's just a matter of when they are ready to start firing things up.

From reading other posts, it sounds like 800 LTE would be turned on only in clusters, not one at a time.

800 LTE does not need to be activated in clusters. It will be activated on a site by site basis, though whole clusters may go online initially once they start turning it on. 1x800 does need to be activated in clusters. 

• Like 1

I can confirm atleast 4 towers are active with 1X800 in waukesha. I did a speedtest at my house this morning but was still receiving .45mbps as usual. Not sure about backhaul being done yet. I also tried searching for LTE on my Nexus 5, but no such luck.

More work being done quickly. Woot woot! My coworker was able to get lte at the store last night on his g2 when he hasn't been able to before. It was a weak signal but he had it. I think he said he was going to track it down today and find out where it came from.

WCTC tower is 800 also this morning.  1900 is a little better... getting 1.5Mbps down now (signal is around -95), vs. 100-400k before.  I'd rather have LTE, but nice that things have finally started in the Milwaukee area :)

• Like 2

WCTC tower is 800 also this morning.  1900 is a little better... getting 1.5Mbps down now (signal is around -95), vs. 100-400k before.  I'd rather have LTE, but nice that things have finally started in the Milwaukee area :)

Aww man. Signal check says I'm connected to that tower, but I'm still pulling 1XRTT    :(  I tried PRL update and still nothing.

Aww man. Signal check says I'm connected to that tower, but I'm still pulling 1XRTT     :(  I tried PRL update and still nothing.

But it's giving the exact address?? that's an improvement, you'll see the 800 soon. In Madison, I saw that the exact addresses started showing up for towers with 1xRTT, then they flipped to 1x800, then LTE within a couple days.  That's great for Milwaukee!  Gotta get downtown lit up by Dec 7th!

Since the crew took down the legacy equipment on my tower in Fitchburg 2 days ago, I'm getting better LTE (dBm-wise) from much further out, it appears.  I held LTE inside super target almost to the back of the store, which was not the case a few days ago and I'm able to connect to my tower from across the beltline on Seminole Hwy and keep a -90-95 dBm signal all the way in. Previous trips it would be at -120 in that area, flipping in and out.  Really hope the rest of these towers here go live soon so it fills in gaps in the city.

I think there's definitely stuff going on all around the Waukesha county area. This is over by the Capital Dr & Springdale Rd tower. I'm only a few blocks away from the tower in this pic, but my LTE signal is -81 whereas my voice signal is -62, yet signal check says I'm still on 1XRTT. This makes me think the other dude has something when talking about maybe the phone is actually connected to 1x800 but signal check doesn't see it... Otherwise what do you guys think is up with this?

TqWiAbNl.png

But it's giving the exact address?? that's an improvement, you'll see the 800 soon. In Madison, I saw that the exact addresses started showing up for towers with 1xRTT, then they flipped to 1x800, then LTE within a couple days.  That's great for Milwaukee!  Gotta get downtown lit up by Dec 7th!

Since the crew took down the legacy equipment on my tower in Fitchburg 2 days ago, I'm getting better LTE (dBm-wise) from much further out, it appears.  I held LTE inside super target almost to the back of the store, which was not the case a few days ago and I'm able to connect to my tower from across the beltline on Seminole Hwy and keep a -90-95 dBm signal all the way in. Previous trips it would be at -120 in that area, flipping in and out.  Really hope the rest of these towers here go live soon so it fills in gaps in the city.

And yes, I've been seeing the exact addresses reported on towers in signal check for every one i've been connected to so far today. From Brookfield, to Waukesha. So that must be a good sign!

• Like 1

Either in this thread or another one on this site a comment was made about towers that are on power line structures take longer to update. That probably explains why the two Delafield area towers I drive by every day haven't been touched -- They are both above power lines.

whats the best way for uploading screenshots of the phone to the site on my Nexus 5?

Check out my signature for using Imgur https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imgur.mobile&hl=en

. I think its the easiest, using the "direct link".  Tapatalk app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en for this forum lets you add photos directly in, but you're limited by this site on the amount of MBs you can upload.  So, Imgur helps to avoid that.

So eitherway, you'll want to use the Tapatalk App as its light years easier than the mobile web version.

I've tried to use tapatalk but can't login using my twitter account...well last time I checked.

I think that you can? I have log-ins for both Tapatalk and S4GRU.  I know that Tapatalk gives you the option at the start to log in with your other credentials and then I think that filters through to the forums you click on as well.  I use the Tapatalk Pro as its worth the couple bucks.

Big hidden water tower in Sussex is broadcasting 800 this morning, also one near Goetz's Driving Range... indicated by SignalCheck (it was flipping between those two towers).

I live near the Goetz's driving range.  How can I tell if I'm picking up 800?  I have SignalCheck Lite and it show's I'm connecting 1xRTT.  Are RTT and 800 mutually exclusive? Will SigCkh Lite show 800 only if I'm actually connected to it?

I also have a LG G2, so maybe I'm not getting the 800 due to the CSFB issue?

I live near the Goetz's driving range.  How can I tell if I'm picking up 800?  I have SignalCheck Lite and it show's I'm connecting 1xRTT.  Are RTT and 800 mutually exclusive? Will SigCkh Lite show 800 only if I'm actually connected to it?

Signal Check usually will show 1X 800 when connected to 800. There have been reports that it may show it as 1X RTT.

I think that you can? I have log-ins for both Tapatalk and S4GRU.  I know that Tapatalk gives you the option at the start to log in with your other credentials and then I think that filters through to the forums you click on as well.  I use the Tapatalk Pro as its worth the couple bucks.

I can create a tapatalk account using twitter, but i can not sign into S4GRU in tapatalk with with my twitter account.

Yesterday afternoon/night I noticed SignalCheck wasn't reporting 800 in Sussex, but it was again this morning.  Maybe they're just testing things, switching 800 on and off.

Water tower at 164 & Capitol is 800 also.  Data latency was pretty bad when I was over there... 5-600ms.

Yesterday afternoon/night I noticed SignalCheck wasn't reporting 800 in Sussex, but it was again this morning.  Maybe they're just testing things, switching 800 on and off.

Water tower at 164 & Capitol is 800 also.  Data latency was pretty bad when I was over there... 5-600ms.

I did notice that my 1xRTT connection to the water tower on 164 and Capitol stuck with me for a long time as I drove South on 164, and even after I passed over the freeway it kept it, when before that my EHRPD signal latched onto another tower. Signal check never reported 1x800 though, but it sure did seem like I kept that 1x signal for much longer than the EHRPD connection. 

I can create a tapatalk account using twitter, but i can not sign into S4GRU in tapatalk with with my twitter account.

How about here in S4GRU, can you make a secondary password even though you logged in with twitter?  There must be some way around this.