Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I think it would be nice to have a running list of SE Wisconsin areas that can successfully connect to LTE from triband devices.

I believe I heard it discussed that any Yellow pin (and green) can be connected to, just not Purple ones.  There's a lengthy article about it here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Would the Samsung test driver know of the problems with the Tri-band devices and when the towers are going to updated to the point of Triband devices not having lte connection problems? Is anybody getting lte from these devices? If so, at what location?

I'm on the far east side of Madison and get LTE on my nexus 5 which is triband. I also get it down near john Nolan ave. Haven't really left the east side much this week...

I believe I heard it discussed that any Yellow pin (and green) can be connected to, just not Purple ones. There's a lengthy article about it here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Yes, that's the explanation I heard as well.

On my way home today i was picking up 1x800 and it kept dropping in and out. This was getting off I-43 on Racine avenue heading into Waukesha. I did not get back on 3G until i toggled airplane mode at Hwy 59 & Racine. Looks like we may be getting some action here in Waukesha/New Berlin soon. 

On my way home I caught lte for a second when I was trying to get 800 to connect in North racine. My home tower has impressed for the first night I've had sprint. I can't wait to have some 4g and solid 800 at home.

On another note me and a coworker forced our HTC ones to connect to 800 and he was catching 800 10 miles away from my home tower and still had a - 105dbm signal.

Posted Image

That speed test was done in my basement too...

On my way home today i was picking up 1x800 and it kept dropping in and out. This was getting off I-43 on Racine avenue heading into Waukesha. I did not get back on 3G until i toggled airplane mode at Hwy 59 & Racine. Looks like we may be getting some action here in Waukesha/New Berlin soon. 

Very interesting and good news... This is right in my work/home area and I am quite sure the tower you would have been hitting has had NV on it for quite a while. This tower is on National about a 1/4 off of Racine and is at a great elevation for the area. The other Muskego Tower heading South on the Water Tower is where I spoke to the Samsung programmer (last week) who said he had been doing a lot of work in this area. Told me twice... look to the end of November... Sounds hopeful.....  

I thought with racine having 800 pretty much everywhere I should get it after crossing from Milwaukee County back to Racine County. I'll keep that in mind though.

Racine is still in the Milwaukee SID, 4153.  So it would stay on 1900MHz until you are in Kenosha and lose 4153 signal (Kenosha is Chicago SID).  When you leave Racine and come back, then you will connect with Racine 800 because your phone will look for that first.  I actually hung onto 800MHz in Sturtevant all the way up to Oak Creek before it dropped out and connected to a much stronger 1900 signal  I'm not sure how usable the signal was but that summarizes your phone locking onto that frequency for as long as it can.

Signal check never switched to 1x800 when I went to Kenosha tonight but I happened to check the app when I got home and I'm still holding signal from a tower 6.5 miles away.

Can I be using 1x800 without actually having it show on the app?

I thought I knew a lot about this stuff but know that I actually sprint I have a whole bunch more questions. Posted Image

Well, Milwaukee Market is back to getting blanked on acceptance reports again. At for the Thursday report. Perhaps the Friday, Saturday, Sunday report will be better for these last few towers.

The Verona tower is now broadcasting 1x800 strongly so hopefully that's a sign.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, Milwaukee Market is back to getting blanked on acceptance reports again. At for the Thursday report. Perhaps the Friday, Saturday, Sunday report will be better for these last few towers. The Verona tower is now broadcasting 1x800 strongly so hopefully that's a sign. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I noticed we are on the same home tower, are you still getting 1x800 at home? recently flashed a new rom and upgraded my modem. just want to check if i did something wrong

I noticed we are on the same home tower, are you still getting 1x800 at home? recently flashed a new rom and upgraded my modem. just want to check if i did something wrong

Do a PRL update and see if you get 800 after that.  That will force the phone to rescan.

• Like 1

Do a PRL update and see if you get 800 after that. That will force the phone to rescan.

What he said. That'll push you back into 1x800. Yes, I'm still on 1x800.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

800 works pretty nice... made a call in Palmyra tonight (tower there has been broadcasting 800 for awhile), finished the call just before getting to North Prairie and it stayed on the same tower the whole time I believe, no call quality issues either.  Immediately after the call, the phone switched to a closer tower at 1900.