Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I hate to have to ask, but my voice service has become unusable the past week or so.  Is there any word on work being done on either the North Sherman/Calumet or Brown Deer/Deerbrook Trail towers in Brown Deer?  I called CS to get an Airrave and was given the "it looks like there is work going on in your area, expect service to improve in the next few weeks" run around.  It'd be nice if they were upgrading the towers, but at this point, I just want my wife to quit complaining about Sprint every time her call with her mom drops.  

Edited by jdbell

As has been pointed out before in this thread, legacy/pre-NV sites in the Milwaukee market show 3 offset 1X locations for each tower, due to obsolete emergency-response requirements. NV-compliant sites in the market, at least those with 1X800, appear to broadcast their true locations. 

So, that "phony" location broadcast by the tower was due to some obsolete emergency response requirement, eh?  I did not know that.  Interestingly enough, Nextel never broadcast "phony" cell site locations but the actual tower coordinates on all three sectors.  Perhaps they implemented the emergency response service after the rules changed but Sprint just left things as is.

Meanwhile, I've noticed that a boatload of Milwaukee sites changed their ID's in the last week of November.  So far from what I've discovered the NEW ID's are all 4 digits and broadcast the EXACT location of the tower on all sectors.  In addition, my LG phone in it's built-in engineering program displays a FIVE digit base ID.  The first four digits agree with SignalCheck and the fifth digit seems to identify the sector.  Some are 1,2, and 3.  Some are 5, 6, and 7.  You never know because there seems to be no rhyme or reason for that fifth digit!

13th and Ryan road... progress!

For a little poop of a tower that Sheppard Avenue tower (just north of Ryan) has a HUGE signal since the NV antennas went online.  Sometimes, my phone locks on it when I am at home and I am 2 miles SOUTH of the Milwaukee County line in Racine County!  Another little poopy tower on 29th and Elm Road (just NW of I-94 and the Milw-Racine county line) has experienced a HUGE increase in signal also in the past two weeks so the NV antennas/RRU's must be online!

• Like 1

Took em long enough to complete em fully. I believe it was 2-3 months ago that we got lte from that tower as well as others in the Oak Creek area. The last one to be complete is the tower near the power plant and everything South of the airport is NV complete.

• Like 1

Took em long enough to complete em fully. I believe it was 2-3 months ago that we got lte from that tower as well as others in the Oak Creek area. The last one to be complete is the tower near the power plant and everything South of the airport is NV complete.

You must mean Oakwood Road-the cell tower right next to that 500' TV tower which is almost in Lake Michigan!

That one has had a new base ID for some time.  I wonder if it is now NV complete...

I also wonder if they are going to upgrade their in-building site (which is listed as a full-power site) located at the South Shore Water Treatment Plant along Lake Michigan?  That one was fun to find when I first started visiting Sprint sites.  The phone said I had a super signal but there was no tower in sight!  And the super signal had a very non-super coverage area.

I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting. Anyone around the Oak Creek area have a nexus or g2? According to the NV complete maps Sheppard Ave and classic lanes should give us triband users 4g yet I get nothing.

Any ideas?

I don't live near Oak Creek, but I do have a LG G2.  I was at Lake Country Lutheran High School at 16 and 83 very close to a "yellow" tower, aka 3G/4G, and didn't pick up any LTE. I was picking up a very strong 1x800 signal though.

I thought triband users would pick up LTE on yellow towers as they would be CSFB compliant.  Now, I wondering if I should have returned my G2.

Exactly. My phone connects in Racine to their yellow pins but not the Oak Creek ones. Makes me wonder what's going on.

My thought was that they would push the software to enable the eCSFB stuff in clusters...there are a few waukesha towers that have 800/3G/4G complete but no LTE on the N5.

All of the towers in green bay are marked as yellow 3G / 4G and my G2 picked up LTE up there when I got it Friday. I have not picked up LTE in milwaukee or waukesha, I work around sunset and oakdale. Since I got it i have had a lot of EHRPD, however today in milwaukee i have been stuck on 1xRTT.

has anyone else been stuck on 1xRTT today?

All of the towers in green bay are marked as yellow 3G / 4G and my G2 picked up LTE up there when I got it Friday. I have not picked up LTE in milwaukee or waukesha, I work around sunset and oakdale. Since I got it i have had a lot of EHRPD, however today in milwaukee i have been stuck on 1xRTT.

has anyone else been stuck on 1xRTT today?

There was a ton of 1x800 in Waukesha and surrounding areas last week. I also got a little more yesterday around 5pm from the Calhoun & Cleveland tower in new berlin. I'm sure they are in testing mode, so we will see the 1x800 go live very soon. Then we should hopefully see LTE very soon after that.

I had EHRPD in Waukesha today. it was like on my journey to and from work the hail interchange was a barrier of sorts where i lost it / gained it. west of the hail interchange I had it, with 1.5 down speeds then east of there was hit with .07 down. 

With a n5 I get lte all over the place in waterloo ia, but have yet to see it stick in the Menomonee falls area. I think we need the green towers to get lte.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had EHRPD in Waukesha today. it was like on my journey to and from work the hail interchange was a barrier of sorts where i lost it / gained it. west of the hail interchange I had it, with 1.5 down speeds then east of there was hit with .07 down. 

I know for certain, as I reported earlier, that the tower on the East side of Muskego has been live LTE every morning since Monday. Weather or not it is live through the day I cannot say but I suspect it is. The tower on National and Racine above 1- 43 has pretty much been solid 1 x800 for a week or so now, but no LTE yet. I did also pick up 1 x 800 from the Calhoun tower handed off from the 1x 800 National Ave tower yesterday. I am not certain if the Moorland Road and I-43 tower has been testing at all, but I may be headed that way tomorrow.

Looks like more acceptances today for Milwaukee, its creeping in from the burbs very slowly.....however, nothing has changed downtown proper.  I thought for sure it would be better by the time I head there on Dec 7th. There's still a few days left to make things happen!  

We're going to be near the Oriental Theater area, then down on Water street, both don't look real great for LTE coverage yet....

I'm new here but honestly, it feel like Sprint just keeps tickling peoples nuts about going live in the Milwaukee area. I have to work downtown Milwaukee on occassion and I swear there is a force field down there that prevents me from getting over 1 or 2 bars regardless of tower locale and LoS. Sprint just plain sucks there no?

I'm new here but honestly, it feel like Sprint just keeps tickling peoples nuts about going live in the Milwaukee area. I have to work downtown Milwaukee on occassion and I swear there is a force field down there that prevents me from getting over 1 or 2 bars regardless of tower locale and LoS. Sprint just plain sucks there no?

When 800MHz comes your problems will be solved (a gain of normally 2+ bars) [i went from no service to 4 bars when my tower got 800].

• Like 1