Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I drove by yesterday and was able to pick up a very weak LTE signal on the road in front of it (she pretty much for sure won't get 4G inside).  I even did a speed test on Sensorly.  Nothing great, approx. 4 mbps down / 1 mbps up, so check Sensorly in a day or two.  It might improve once the tower on Tower Rd. lights up with 4G.  That tower seems to have fantastic range since it is on top of the Baraboo Hills (I sometimes get a 1X 800 signal as far away as Reedsburg, approximately 20 miles from the tower site).  But, it certainly will improve once 800 LTE lights up.

Okay well all she needs is it outdoors but who knows as long as her 3g is a lil faster she won't care she just wants about 1mbps for her hotspot haha

Finally, the last 5 towers without acceptances in Madison just went 3G accepted! Downtown is going to get usable.

UPDATE: They're all broadcasting 1x800 as well. So I'm expecting a transition to LTE soon.  The signal in my building and on my commute is way better with these towers active.  I'm excited to see how the LTE will fair now in some infamous dead spots on my drive.  I think they'll be better considering I was seeing -68dBm on the RSSI for 1x800 in those regions which is very strong, so taking the loss of the signal in the tech for LTE, it should still be better than -100dBm for LTE there you'd think. 

Finally, the last 5 towers without acceptances in Madison just went 3G accepted! Downtown is going to get usable.

UPDATE: They're all broadcasting 1x800 as well. So I'm expecting a transition to LTE soon.  The signal in my building and on my commute is way better with these towers active.  I'm excited to see how the LTE will fair now in some infamous dead spots on my drive.  I think they'll be better considering I was seeing -68dBm on the RSSI for 1x800 in those regions which is very strong, so taking the loss of the signal in the tech for LTE, it should still be better than -100dBm for LTE there you'd think. 

I'm connected at 1x800 for the West Wash tower too (not LTE though), so there's probably some/all of them on 800 as well.

• Like 1

I'm connected at 1x800 for the West Wash tower too (not LTE though), so there's probably some/all of them on 800 as well.

I connected to 118 Henry, the West Wash one and State Street for 1x800 on my commute in today. I'm assuming that the other two on the near east also have 1x800 putting our city/area at full 1x800SMR.

Im at work near St. Lukes in Milwaukee. My phone is now picking up 1x800 as it was never before. Looks like the signal is improved. They may be testing new NV equipment on a nearby tower. More progress!

Really?? You're getting 1x800 around 27th and Oklahoma?

Yea i was. It was bouncing in and out the whole day. It was in the center of the building where it is really hard to even get data coverage too. I have a Nexus 5 which is a really strong RF performer. 

It's probably that huge overloaded tower on 21st and Morgan he's picking up.  It looks like every cellular carrier in the world has an antenna on it!!  Now, if Nextel was still around he'd have a SUPER signal at St. Luke's hospital-it was a Nextel cell site and they had a boatload of phones for use in-house.

1x800 is broadcasting from 4267 W Loomis Rd, The tower is making it to St. Lukes.

Well which tower is it?  The one on Morgan or the one on Loomis.  I'm on 9th and Morgan so I'm curious why I wouldn't get if it's coming from 22nd and Morgan.  How can you tell which one?

Grumpwagon, looks like West Washington Ave tower is LTE accepted. (the Milwaukee Market 1 LTE update) Getting good speeds? I thought it looked strong during my commute last night.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well which tower is it? The one on Morgan or the one on Loomis. I'm on 9th and Morgan so I'm curious why I wouldn't get if it's coming from 22nd and Morgan. How can you tell which one?

Loomis.

If you have Signalcheck installed once a site goes 800 live for voice it shows you the exact address of the site.

You'd think with Madison being primarily done we'd see some more action in Milwaukee. Guess next time we'll have to whine how you guys did to make sure we get completed quicker. ;)

Well which tower is it? The one on Morgan or the one on Loomis. I'm on 9th and Morgan so I'm curious why I wouldn't get if it's coming from 22nd and Morgan. How can you tell which one?

Yes, I Confirmed when I got into work today that Loomis and 94 is the tower that has 800 turned on.

Holy crap. With that West Washington Ave tower on I'm getting LTE inside Jordans Big Ten Bar! This is crazy. I used to have zero signal here, couldn't even send a text.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Grumpwagon, looks like West Washington Ave tower is LTE accepted. (the Milwaukee Market 1 LTE update) Getting good speeds? I thought it looked strong during my commute last night.

I'll check tonight. I was pretty busy yesterday and didn't notice it light up.

EDIT: I can verify that it's broadcasting 4g. I'll do a speed test in a few hours.

So that leaves the state street tower as the only non-LTE tower in downtown Madison, right?

No, state street, 118 Henry, near east and over by the Madison Bus depot further east but still on the isthmus.  4 left down there. but that one should start to help.

but they're all broadcasting 1x800.....except for Ruskin up by the airport.

• Like 1

Maybe someone could shed some light on the 4g progression we have going on in southern Waukesha county for me. All the towers surrounding the College Ave Muskego 4g (active) tower have been 1 x 800 solid for about a week (some longer) and now they are all back to 1 RTT, since Monday. The active 4g tower on College does not transmit 1 x 800 voice but has LTE on full time. Is my expectation that these surrounding towers will (Maybe) start LTE shortly correct? Not sure how normal 4g testing occurs on these towers but I am getting anxious since I have been able to enjoy 5 minutes a day on LTE in Southern Muskego as I pass through.  Still am getting much better 3g speeds in a portion of these towers marked 3g complete, but not all of them. Just curious and thought someone out there might know.

I didnt ask a question lol.

I was responding to what someone had mentioned they were curious as to what people are getting for signal / speeds in downtown Milwaukee and on the upper eastside.

If that is not allowed then I apologize.

You said you weren't getting LTE even though Sensorly said you should, like you expected to get it. I was explaining why you weren't. If you knew you wouldn't be getting it, so make the inference that something was wrong.

FYI for you all

MADISON IS LAUNCHING.

That's all.

Milwaukee is close. Majority site install complete should arrive soon, meaning clusters will start going live. They won't all have LTE off the bat, but it should provide quite a bit of coverage. We're probably still two months from an official laucnh.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me if Goodman Networks is doing work as a contractor for Sprint? Due to some unfortunate circumstances I am stuck staying in the La Quinta near the 43 - Mooreland Rd tower (3G service is great btw) and I noticed a truck in the parking lot with that name printed on it.  A simple google search brings up their webpage that looks exactly like someone Sprint would be using for deployment.  Has anyone seen them around before? 

Well, I've got new activity at my house on 92nd and Layton. My phone just switched over to LTE! And for the first time, the tower on 76th and Edgerton about is broadcasting its exact location. I don't think the LTE is from there though cuz my 1x signal from 76th St is like -87 while my LTE signal is like -112. It might be coming from the 124th&Beloit tower, that one was broadcasting 1x800 the other day...

• Like 2