Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'll check tonight. I was pretty busy yesterday and didn't notice it light up.

EDIT: I can verify that it's broadcasting 4g. I'll do a speed test in a few hours.

With pretty poor signal (~120), I was getting 5 up 5 down from the West Wash tower.

Anyone have a triband phone in the Oak Creek area? I think I asked before but I don't remember if I got an answer.

At work none of our triband phones get lte when the tower down the street both ways are green pins. The usual airplane mode and prl have been done and it will hang on lte for a second and then default back to 3g. Ideas?

Well, I've got new activity at my house on 92nd and Layton. My phone just switched over to LTE! And for the first time, the tower on 76th and Edgerton about is broadcasting its exact location. I don't think the LTE is from there though cuz my 1x signal from 76th St is like -87 while my LTE signal is like -112. It might be coming from the 124th&Beloit tower, that one was broadcasting 1x800 the other day...

You are correct, the tower on 124 and Beloit is broadcasting LTE. I drove around New Berlin today and was able to get a signal from that tower down Mooreland and around National. Didn't waste my time going all the way down Beloit as the LTE signal was getting stronger every block I drove past Sunnyslope on Beloit.  I drove right past both the Calhoun/Cleveland and Rock Freeway 1-43 water towers and neither of them are live LTE yet. No Muskego West yet either. Lesson for everyone out there. UPDATE PRL EVERY DAY. My 1-800 voice disappeared Monday after a week of straight 800 signal, and all returned as soon as I updated my PRL this morning. These towers in question became 3g/800 complete as of a day or two ago. Strange how some of the towers go from nothing to LTE and some take these baby steps to LTE.

• Like 1

Lesson for everyone out there. UPDATE PRL EVERY DAY.

I would be careful with this. A lot of users are reporting they've been "updated" to a new prl which has booted them off of lte. Apparently it's a prl from 4 years ago. I don't think we'll have that issue here but something to be on the lookout for.

I would be careful with this. A lot of users are reporting they've been "updated" to a new prl which has booted them off of lte. Apparently it's a prl from 4 years ago. I don't think we'll have that issue here but something to be on the lookout for.

I have not had that experience yet, but as little as I understand this once towers are marked complete for a service (800/4g etc) the phone appears to need the update for it to properly receive. (Samsung S4) This is my only explanation for the 800 falling off on these 4 towers on Monday only to return immediately after my update today.

I have not had that experience yet, but as little as I understand this once towers are marked complete for a service (800/4g etc) the phone appears to need the update for it to properly receive. (Samsung S4) This is my only explanation for the 800 falling off on these 4 towers on Monday only to return immediately after my update today.

I had to do a prl for a day or two once I got 800 at the house. The reason mine had to be redone at least in my opinion is due to me traveling out of the areas that have 800 to areas that don't have it at all. Now that the whole area I travel in is 800 I don't have this issue.

I do PRL updates like they're going out of style. I gave up on cycling airplane mode a while ago and I just do PRL updates instead, to reset my connections. If I'm in an area I believe has either 1x800 or LTE.... BOOM, I'll do a PRL update to try to pick it up.

Anyone have a triband phone in the Oak Creek area? I think I asked before but I don't remember if I got an answer.

At work none of our triband phones get lte when the tower down the street both ways are green pins. The usual airplane mode and prl have been done and it will hang on lte for a second and then default back to 3g. Ideas?

The only thing I can think of is the towers don't have CSFB turned on/complete.

But I'm with you, I thought our phones would definitely get LTE from green pins.  Just picked up my wife an iPhone 5s today. On the way home from BB it was connected to LTE quite a bit.  Not at our house, but I guess that is what wifi is for.

The only thing I can think of is the towers don't have CSFB turned on/complete.

I Agree I got tons of LTE up in Green bay, where i was connected to towers marked, both yellow and green. as was mentioned a few weeks back the tri band phones should be connecting to yellow pinned towers, however there are ton's of yellow pins in Waukesha, where I work, which I have yet to get LTE.

which i was under the impression that it all it would take was a software update, so why would they not update it?

I Agree I got tons of LTE up in Green bay, where i was connected to towers marked, both yellow and green. as was mentioned a few weeks back the tri band phones should be connecting to yellow pinned towers, however there are ton's of yellow pins in Waukesha, where I work, which I have yet to get LTE.

which i was under the impression that it all it would take was a software update, so why would they not update it?

It's possible the software update hasn't been applied, even to some "yellow and green" sites. Why? Who knows. Hopefully they'll get caught up soon.

why wouldn't they do it when they set up the site? some of the sites are newly upgraded?

I don't know. You'd think they would just update it when they fire up the site. It's possible it's not an on-site operation, but rather a remote update. Which continues to beg the question of why it hasn't happened yet. I don't have an answer for that.

was it me or were the 894 towers on the map just upgraded to yellow? anyone know if they have CSFB installed? i supposed ill find out on the drive to work tomorrow... would explain the lul in service i had early last week over there....

nDyzkCl.png

I have a tri-band G2.  Check out this speed!!  This was Highway 100 just south of Hales Corners.  The future is looking bright!  (PS, sorry about the huge image, I'm not quite sure how to scale this down).

Dang what time was that? This morning on the drive to work could not connect to the network south of downtown. Did a prl update and booom had lte in the same area as you. Only got 4.5 down speeds though. Still amazing!

This morning I'm getting LTE by the 94 / 45 interchange for the first time!

In addition, my phone was showing the time as 11 PM this morning at my house by the intersection of 100 and Capital, so it appears my home tower is in the process of being turned on as well! Hoping that when I get home this evening I'll have full bars of LTE!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you know this?  Just by looking at the NV map?

This thread shows the number of updates for each market and is usually updated at the same time as the maps.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/page-5&do=findComment&comment=252433

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you know this?  Just by looking at the NV map?

Well, taking into account the acceptance reports for the Milwaukee Market in general, it was 28 with 9 of those being LTE.  Then if you look at a time lapse of the Milwaukee City Area (in the Milwaukee, MN, Dakotas map thread from Aackman), you can see those towers encroaching on the City itself from the Burbs and identify those new towers from the acceptance reports thread..