Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I even got some 800 in the ballpark last Saturday. It didnt last long tho.

I've been getting it here in Covington, off and on,mainly on the third floor of the house and at work in Florence. I first saw it here last Saturday morning.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've been getting it here in Covington, off and on,mainly on the third floor of the house and at work in Florence. I first saw it here last Saturday morning.

We're gonna have to work on this always double posting thing

I'm beginning to doubt the end of June completion rate :(

Edit: The running list now says October 2014...wow

Totally agree with u on that, no way we will be getting lte here by month end. I sure hope it's not October either, sounds too long of a wait.

I ran into a Integration Tech up here in Richmond, IN yesterday.  She was installing B26 cards at 10 towers in the local area.  Stated that her and another tech has a list of 79 towers in the Cincinnati market to get completed soon.

I zoomed in from outside the gate to get a pic of her installing it.

Image removed- Mr.Nuke

Edited by Mr.Nuke
  • Like 5

I ran into a Integration Tech up here in Richmond, IN yesterday. She was installing B26 cards at 10 towers in the local area. Stated that her and another tech has a list of 79 towers in the Cincinnati market to get completed soon.

Wow. Great work. That is the most encouraging post in some time.

Does anyone know how the strength of B26 relates to the strength of 1x800?

Wow. Great work. That is the most encouraging post in some time.

Does anyone know how the strength of B26 relates to the strength of 1x800?

I have heard that B26 will have the same range as B25, but will permeate walls or other obstacles better.  Unfortunately it will not have the awsome range that 800 voice does.

• Like 1

I ran into a Integration Tech up here in Richmond, IN yesterday.  She was installing B26 cards at 10 towers in the local area.  Stated that her and another tech has a list of 79 towers in the Cincinnati market to get completed soon.

I noticed that the tower on Pottershop Road near US27 didn't appear to have the newer panels installed yet.  Neither have they hung them on the site at Miami University.

I noticed that the tower on Pottershop Road near US27 didn't appear to have the newer panels installed yet.  Neither have they hung them on the site at Miami University.

The 3 sites near Miami Oxford are all upgraded and live 4g.

• Like 2

You need a new hobby dude. I personally wouldn't feel like a decent person if i took candid pictures of proprietary equipment that supports our nation's telecommunications infrastructure, or the employees who have the clearance to work on this equipment, and blasted it on the internet for any person worldwide to view without authorization. This invasion could jeopardize the tech's clearance and their employment.

Personally, i would recommend removing every copy of this file from public servers and private media before a cease and desist comes. There's a reason cell towers have locks and signs that say "no trespassing"... If you're not an employee, you're not authorized to be on the property... Which includes using a camera or other device to view inside the cabinet.

You don't want to be on the receiving end of any NSA/FCC activity. Every day they bust down peoples doors and confiscate every electronic device they own for doing things like this.

Being a geek about cell phones is fine, but we need to make sure we gain information legally and respect those nice enough to provide it.

So you're suggesting we shut down this entire site since this site is based on that hobby of talking to cell site workers and takings picture of cellular equipment among other things to track the development and advancement of the telecommunications industry in this nation. 

• Like 8

Whats B26?

She's installing a 800mhz LTE card, which won't be turned on for a while. Looks like that cabinet doesn't have 2.5lte yet either.

Update your prl every chance you get. It tells your phone which commercial frequencies the surrounding towers are capable of.

Band 26 is 800 LTE. One in the same. 

PRL only tells the phone what it's allowed to scan for. It doesn't tell your device anything about the surrounding towers. And it doesn't change all that often either.

If someone is outside the gate and zooming in, no national telecommunications laws were broken. 

If anything I am super-deferential to our tower hands, tower techs, and tiger teams out there rebuilding, fixing, and expanding the Sprint Nationwide Network. I think they deserve much props and respect. 

• Like 3

Went to a Reds game in late April. 30000 fans. No problems with 3G.

Went to a Reds game last Thursday, 25000 fans. Full bars but 3G didn't work at all. Nor did it work across the pond in Covington.

Sure signs of progress...

What phone do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You need a new hobby dude. I personally wouldn't feel like a decent person if i took candid pictures of proprietary equipment that supports our nation's telecommunications infrastructure, or the employees who have the clearance to work on this equipment, and blasted it on the internet for any person worldwide to view without authorization. This invasion could jeopardize the tech's clearance and their employment.

Personally, i would recommend removing every copy of this file from public servers and private media before a cease and desist comes. There's a reason cell towers have locks and signs that say "no trespassing"... If you're not an employee, you're not authorized to be on the property... Which includes using a camera or other device to view inside the cabinet.

You don't want to be on the receiving end of any NSA/FCC activity. Every day they bust down peoples doors and confiscate every electronic device they own for doing things like this.

Being a geek about cell phones is fine, but we need to make sure we gain information legally and respect those nice enough to provide it.

Seriously? There is no additional information in my post or picture that has not already been publicly shared by Sprint. I have seen more info about their equipment shared to the public via "Press Releases", share holder meetings that are broadcast on the Internet or even when Sprint invites reporters to a site to show off said equipment.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2041624/on-site-at-a-sprint-cell-gear-shrinks-while-coverage-grows.html

So now maybe you need to find a new hobby....

• Like 2

That site is a GMO site, will not get new panels. 

Whats B26?

She's installing a 800mhz LTE card, which won't be turned on for a while. Looks like that cabinet doesn't have 2.5lte yet either.

Update your prl every chance you get. It tells your phone which commercial frequencies the surrounding towers are capable of.

First, welcome to S4GRU.

But please do not arrive here to lecture our members.  That is not your place.  And if you do not recognize band 26 or you misunderstand the operation of a PRL, then you could probably learn more from our members than they could from you.

AJ

• Like 6