Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

You do realize no one is using the band right now. . Once there is some traffic it will be like the 1900 is now pulling about 1mbps

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Completely Aware. And after it's all said and done yes we may end up exactly like you said.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was in Covington today, on the Pike St ramp I got 74.85 down and 12.72 up. All 6 bars (-86dbm) And band 41 is a TDD network (I believe its the only TDD LTE in the US, correct me if I'm wrong) which should allow more consistent speeds even with heavy network traffic.

• Like 1

I was in Covington today, on the Pike St ramp I got 74.85 down and 12.72 up. All 6 bars (-86dbm) And band 41 is a TDD network (I believe its the only TDD LTE in the US, correct me if I'm wrong) which should allow more consistent speeds even with heavy network traffic.

I just did a go round through parts of Covington, especially around river center and the irs bldg, full bars. Now if only I could tell where this site is at.

LTE in Harrison off Dry Fork. My phone didn't pick it up right away, but after cycling airplane mode it stayed on.

y2u8epan.jpgy5ysu5u2.jpg

Probably one of the sites reported on the sponsor map just last month ;)

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, my phone picked up some Band26 this morning here in Covington.

I'm not tring to burst your bubbled, but I've seen my phone report erroneous band info on weak or temporary signals. From my experience, the GCI prefix 080 is band 25. I don't know what it is for B26 in our market, so I could be wrong, but I think they're supposed to be different across bands. Here's where I picked up serving cell 90 reported as B26 once, but it really was B41:

ymyze2a8.jpgy4e4u8e7.jpg

I was told that the UL&DL channel in matched B41.

• Like 1

I'm not tring to burst your bubbled, but I've seen my phone report erroneous band info on weak or temporary signals. From my experience, the GCI prefix 080 is band 25. I don't know what it is for B26 in our market, so I could be wrong, but I think they're supposed to be different across bands. Here's where I picked up serving cell 90 reported as B26 once, but it really was B41:

ymyze2a8.jpgy4e4u8e7.jpg

I was told that the UL&DL channel in matched B41.

Thanks for the examples. I was starting to get a tad excited.

I did the same thing when it happened to me, super excited for a few minutes.

Lol. Well in our defense, we have had our rough times here in the area. So any little thing is bound to get us all excited lol.

Anyone else seeing spotty/intermitent 4G in western Colerain Twp and Green Twp?  I had it on my Galaxy S3 for a few days last week driving past the firehouse at Thompson and Springdale then again at Veteran's Park the other day.  Haven't been able to pick it up again at either place.

attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1402281612642.jpg

Can anyone confirm if this indeed is Band26, based on the UL/DL CHN?

Is that signal constant for you?

You may have something here. Check out http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-347-whats-the-frequency-kenneth-interpreting-your-engineering-screen-part-two/

Is that signal constant for you?

You may have something here. Check out http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-347-whats-the-frequency-kenneth-interpreting-your-engineering-screen-part-two/

Everytime I go up to the 3rd floor of the house, or driving in certain areas in Covington it connects. Remember yesterday we were commenting on this Band26? Well just about an hour ago I found out how to access the Engineering mode on my S5 and was able to get the information you show. It had been puzzling me since then. I also saw B26 at the Walmart in Ft. Wright as well. Hopefully this indeed means something :-)

• Like 1

Congrats, looks like legit B26 to me!! http://www.cellmapper.net/arfcn?net=LTE&ARFCN=8763&MNC=302

Awesome! Looks like things are slowly rolling out here in Cincinnati. I was able to keep the signal last night on my drive from Covington to about 7th and Broadway in downtown Cincinnati without having to force the phone to Lte only. I'll be on the lookout on my way to work, in Florence, tomorrow to see if I spot anymore B26.

• Like 3

Went to a Reds game in late April.  30000 fans.  No problems with 3G.

Went to a Reds game last Thursday, 25000 fans.  Full bars but 3G didn't work at all.  Nor did it work across the pond in Covington.

Sure signs of progress...

• Like 1

Went to a Reds game in late April. 30000 fans. No problems with 3G.

Went to a Reds game last Thursday, 25000 fans. Full bars but 3G didn't work at all. Nor did it work across the pond in Covington.

I'm far enough I guess to not be totally affected by the games, speeds on 3G, in Covington of course are not excellent, but I can at least connect. I'm still yet to be at a game with this phone. I'm thinking what is really going to help during games will be that nice, band41, whenever it is live.

Went to a Reds game in late April. 30000 fans. No problems with 3G.

Went to a Reds game last Thursday, 25000 fans. Full bars but 3G didn't work at all. Nor did it work across the pond in Covington.

Maybe that's the issue on the west side...except 3g just doesn't work no matter what time it is... Here is hoe in July

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk