Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Just joined the forum, I live in western Hamilton county, in Bridgetown, which is in green township....close to Kuliga park..

Getting weak 4 g for about a week here, it will switch from 4 to 3g so maybe I'm on the fringe, or maybe tower upgrades not complete here ?

Anyway, here are a few screenshotspost-40195-140488598761_thumb.jpgpost-40195-140488599468_thumb.jpg

I have gotten as high as about 11 megs download and 6 upload before at random times....I'm using the HTC one ( m7 ) , not the brand new one, and I'm on sprint, monthly contract billing...

Have noticed better voice and way faster 3 g speeds inside in bad signal Areas like the basement....seems more consistent than previously, hope this first post of mine helps contribute in some way to the forum.

What's the 1x RTT mean and what is EV-DO ? Sorry, I just joined and haven't had time to read up.on all the technical jargon....

Edit: forgot to mention, you will notice my near full voice signal bars, I am on the sprint airave, thought I would mention that..

Edited by plasma1

Thanks but that didn't work

Found it ..... ##33284# for HTC one, now I just have to go.outside and see what I can find out !

Uh, try again.  ##DEBUG# is ##33284#.

AJ

Uh, try again. ##DEBUG# is ##33284#.

AJ

Well , I'm stupid, no wonder it didn't work when I typed it in with the actual letters, instead of the numbers, guess I have Been up too late and wasn't thinking !

I also have an Airave in Fairfield twp. Welcome to both clubs plasma1!

You will find that you will get data from the towers pretty good, but the voice will be horrible unless the Airave is on. When we got these things we were told that they did not support 4G and I assumed that we would not get 4G from the towers as they came up with the Airave on. WRONG. I guess since you can get Data and Voice off different towers now the phone is smart enough to use the Airave for voice and towers for Data. I have to keep mine on or I miss phone calls and the quality is horrible. I am still on the edge of decent voice service where I live.

I am about to get a HTC M8. 

Cincinnati

NV Sites Accepted = 95%LTE Sites Accepted = 71%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Summer 2014 (Greenville/Springfield launched 1/2014, Dayton launched 2/2014)Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = September 2014

• Like 4

If you upgrade to a M8, you'll be able to use WiFi Calling when Sprint does the update for WiFi Calling soon. Also, given your location, and the way Ericsson/Sprint/Samsung are firing up 1X 800 and B26 LTE, that could also be a moot point.

Overall, things are getting better. No need to be angry at all. Be happy.[emoji2]

• Like 2

Nearly on par with Columbus now. Think the current production rate completion got bumped up from October to September now. All good to see.

Cincinnati will never be on par with Columbus. Columbus Rules, Cincinnati Drools!

CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!!

• Like 5

Cincinnati will never be on par with Columbus. Columbus Rules, Cincinnati Drools!

CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!! CO - LUM - BUS!!!!

Cow town. You've got pro hockey and soccer? Lame. :-P

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cow town. You've got pro hockey and soccer? Lame. :-P

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

Meh, you got me there. Your neighbors are from Kentucky though.

• Like 3