Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Some good news for those of us on the west side of hamilton county, namely Dent, Bridgetown etc. Picked up LTE from the tower behind the Twin Lantern. Also have 1X800 which switches between that tower and the one on Taylor Road at five points. Layed down a nice patch of purple today. Also did a speedtest at the Lowe's, in sight of the tower. I got just shy of 20Mb down. Thats about 5 times better than my home connection. Things are starting to look up.

• Like 2

When I connect to LTE I noticed that when using Signal Check Pro, under the LTE section it says Provider:Motorola (310000). I thought we were getting Samsung equipment in our market. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm basically ignorant about this kind of thing.

When I connect to LTE I noticed that when using Signal Check Pro, under the LTE section it says Provider:Motorola (310000). I thought we were getting Samsung equipment in our market. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm basically ignorant about this kind of thing.

Interesting. It should be Sprint (310120). Might be unique to your phone.

Is there any other information in the LTE section that would help clarify this?

GCI could match up to a known Sprint site. Make sure site hints are turned on.

Wait, you were able to get a Band 26 connection out of a Moto X?  I thought X's were only B25?  Were you in LTE Only mode?

I assume I was not because in my house the phone switches between 3G and 4G quite a lot. I am in a pretty poor signal area.

Some of this is starting to make a little sense. According to the LTE engineering screen the PLMN ID is 310120, which breaks down to a MCC of 310 (US) and a MNC of 120 (Sprint). OK good so far. The band #26 I will have to leave to those of you with infinitely more knowledge than I.

woohoo finally a huge update in the cincy market almost all of northern ky is nv 1.0 upgraded with at least 3g service looks like they might be finished by middle to late july with towers that is full upgrades may take later for more info on what towers have been upgraded please donate what ever you can  

• Like 2

The Westside of Cincinnati from Werk & Glenway & down are seeing 4G LTE. I picked a few signs while shopping in the Western Hill Kroger as well as leaving to work this morning. I will be back down later this afternoon to get network speed tests and to map progress. If any one here lives in the West side of cincy, please help confirm this.

• Like 1

Some of this is starting to make a little sense. According to the LTE engineering screen the PLMN ID is 310120, which breaks down to a MCC of 310 (US) and a MNC of 120 (Sprint). OK good so far. The band #26 I will have to leave to those of you with infinitely more knowledge than I.

From the looks of it, you have a Republic Wireless Moto X.  That may be the reason for the odd TX results.  Still learning how to read/interpret them myself, but not a whole lot of time to do the research.

Also Tx power looks off

From the looks of it, you have a Republic Wireless Moto X.  That may be the reason for the odd TX results.  Still learning how to read/interpret them myself, but not a whole lot of time to do the research.

No, nothing was wrong with the Tx power readout.  The handset was not transmitting at the time.  Anyone with a decent familiarity with binary numbers would recognize that -3276.8 dBm is not random.  Strip away the decimal point, and -32,768 is the minimum signed 16 bit integer value.

AJ

• Like 3

Anyone notice that the Richmond, IN area is now showing 4G service on the official Sprint maps?

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?ECID=vanity:maps

They didn't expand the 4G area southward to Oxford, OH yet (although it's been 4G longer than Richmond).  I suspect they may be waiting for Cincinnati to come online and do it all at once.

No, nothing was wrong with the Tx power readout. The handset was not transmitting at the time. Anyone with a decent familiarity with binary numbers would recognize that -3276.8 dBm is not random. Strip away the decimal point, and -32,768 is the minimum signed 16 bit integer value.

AJ

I should have picked that up. Essentially zero power.
  • Like 1