Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

At Great American Ballpark

That is coming from a distant site, maybe from across the river.  Your RSRP is too low and Tx power is too high for that band 26 to be from a site near the ballpark.

AJ

That is coming from a distant site, maybe from across the river. Your RSRP is too low and Tx power is too high for that band 26 to be from a site near the ballpark.

AJ

I didn't think it was from near by. Just haven't gotten lte at the Ball Park before

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My experience using Sprint during a ball game was not bad. I was able to post and text pics during the game. I was quite pleased. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

were you able to get any speed tests? [emoji3]
  • Like 1

Hey Guys, have y'all taken a look at Sprint's progress map for the Cincinnati/NKY area, seems like a lot of sites have had upgrades done, which Seems to coincides with some of the lte being seen here in the NKY area primarily. 

Any new "sightings" anyone? 

Saw some panels being pulled up onto the tower at I-275 and OH-741 near Tri-County Mall Saturday...currently, this site is listed as "no NV activity."  

Where do we report it to S4GRU.com?

post-34457-0-87985500-1403653700_thumb.jpg

Edited by lilotimz

Saw some panels being pulled up onto the tower at I-275 and OH-741 near Tri-County Mall Saturday...currently, this site is listed as "no NV activity." Where do we report it to S4GRU.com?attachicon.gif IMG_20140621_115345239.jpg

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3369-Report-In-Progress-Sites-Here

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

So you're suggesting we shut down this entire site since this site is based on that hobby of talking to cell site workers and takings picture of cellular equipment among other things to track the development and advancement of the telecommunications industry in this nation. 

I don't think anyone suggested shutting down a site. Just saying, taking a candid picture of a tech without her authorization and posting it on a public forum isn't respectful or professional. Gaining information is awesome, but I wouldn't appreciate someone taking a picture of me working on something without being asked.

Similarly, if you could see in a dressing room for a second while the door was open, you're saying it would be ok to snap a candid picture of someone changing without asking. Even if the person agreed to let you come in and watch, would it be ok to take a picture when she turns around without asking her?

If the equipment had an IP address label (which isn't uncommon), she could get in trouble for disclosing secure information without authorization. However, taking a picture of equipment isn't the problem as much as sneaking into a site, telling a tech you're a "geek about cell phones" and snapping a picture behind her back without asking...  it's just kinda disrespectful, don't you think?

I understand the gate was open and a tech was onsite, that's fine. She's authorized to be there. But the sign says authorized personel only, and violators will be prosecuted. If someone lets you see the equipment, that's cool, by all means, learn what you can, or turn your cell phone hobby into a career and get a job in the field. But if in fact this equipment is considered "public knowledge", then why must it be taken with an employee who didn't authorize the picture?

Some of these people have gone through the hell of security clearances, background checks, fingerprints, etc for the ability to touch it. If you want to be part of it, go through the same process and become part of it.

Just sayin...  gain authorization prior to entering a site or taking pictures of people working inside a cabinet.

• Like 1

BTW, most of Cincinnati/Sharonville/Hamilton/Westchester/Hebron/Erlanger, and mostly all of this 50 mile radius should be on NV 3g/cdma1900/800 and LTE1900 by the end of THIS MONTH !!!

I really do hope so!!

BTW, most of Cincinnati/Sharonville/Hamilton/Westchester/Hebron/Erlanger, and mostly all of this 50 mile radius should be on NV 3g/cdma1900/800 and LTE1900 by the end of THIS MONTH !!!

What's your source for this info? Doesn't mean it's not true, but we haven't seen reporting on sites in those areas as to having NV equipment on site yet.

First, welcome to S4GRU.

But please do not arrive here to lecture our members.  That is not your place.  And if you do not recognize band 26 or you misunderstand the operation of a PRL, then you could probably learn more from our members than they could from you.

AJ

Thank you sir !!

Didn't know you guys referred to different technology/frequencies as bands. It's slightly incorrect, but I can deal with it.

I don't misunderstand the operation of a PRL. I change them multiple times/day.

I wasn't trying to lecture anyone, merely trying to help a forum member with a respect/honesty issue.

again, thanks for the warm welcome.

• Like 1

Didn't know you guys referred to different technology/frequencies as bands. It's slightly incorrect, but I can deal with it.

I don't misunderstand the operation of a PRL. I change them multiple times/day.

Well, this may be an issue of semantics, but your characterization of PRL operation is inaccurate.

Update your prl every chance you get. It tells your phone which commercial frequencies the surrounding towers are capable of.

AJ

Well, this may be an issue of semantics, but your characterization of PRL operation is inaccurate.

AJ

Possibly semantics.   It's accurate, I was just trying to tone it down for the original person who was asking about updating. Didn't think spectrums, handoffs, neighbors, subcarriers, and whatever else was interesting enough to post about.  :-) 

Honestly, I just created an account out of concern for the unauthorized photo. I apologize for causing trouble.

Edited by otherguy

Possibly semantics. It's accurate, I was just trying to tone it down for the original person who was asking about updating. Didn't think spectrums, handoffs, neighbors, subcarriers, and whatever else was interesting enough to post about. :-)

It's all interesting to us. Though our membership at S4GRU is quite varied in technical knowledge, we have a core wireless enthusiast group where semantics are important. :)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Possibly semantics. It's accurate, I was just trying to tone it down for the original person who was asking about updating. Didn't think spectrums, handoffs, neighbors, subcarriers, and whatever else was interesting enough to post about. :-)

That's all we talk about around here! [emoji3]

We do have several levels of forums around here. In the sponsor forums, we discuss and actively track NV 1.0 rollout. In the premier sponsor forums, B41 and B26 are discussed. Here is general market chat.

Possibly semantics.   It's accurate, I was just trying to tone it down for the original person who was asking about updating. Didn't think spectrums, handoffs, neighbors, subcarriers, and whatever else was interesting enough to post about.  :-) 

I think the issue is a bit more than semantics.  I do not mean to be rude, just forthright, but plenty of people who work regularly with PRLs do not understand them as well as do several of us here at S4GRU.

Updating your PRL has almost zero effect on Sprint native service in any market -- unless Sprint has divested spectrum or relocated all deployed CDMA2000 carriers.  That has rarely happened.

For example, as long as the PRL contains the F1 CDMA1X channel assignment in a given market, that is sufficient for system acquisition.  The channel list message and hashing algorithm take care of the rest.  The PRL does not even need to contain all deployed CDMA1X carriers.

Along those same lines, PRLs are not granular enough to detail "surrounding towers."  PRLs cover entire markets -- typically, huge MTA markets for Sprint.

Now, if you want to discuss spectrum, handoffs, neighbors, subcarriers, etc., do not hesitate.  Many of us are more than educated enough to participate in or even lead the discussion.

AJ

• Like 1