Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Fairfield has been horrible the last few weeks.. Dropping calls like crazy.. I assume it's the new Samsung hardware not handing off to the old Motorola or vice versa

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Same thing happening in Covington, as soon as I get home I have to switch to CDMA. EHRPD has been extremely unstable for the past week and a half.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Fairfield has been horrible the last few weeks.. Dropping calls like crazy.. I assume it's the new Samsung hardware not handing off to the old Motorola or vice versa

No problem in my part of Fairfield. Calls and LTE have been consistent.

No problem in my part of Fairfield. Calls and LTE have been consistent.

From port union to muhlhauser I'll drop a call and from muhlhauser to 275 on ramp I'll drop a call...could be a tri band phone thing....

Noticed as I was walking back from lunch today that there are workers up on my local tower at Winton and North Bend in Finneytown. I've been waiting a long time to see some activity up there. Looks like they're building the supports now, so hopefully they'll be lifting some hardware into place very soon.

• Like 2

Looks like they've cranked the signal at the Florence Mall tower. It's the first time I get a useable lte signal outside on Turfway & Spiral Dr. Funny cause I'm really close to the Turfway Race track site, however, it's one of the sites that's not been accepted.

uploadfromtaptalk1401464118693.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401464240884.jpg

• Like 1

Putting my M8 in LTE only mode I managed to get quite a few speed tests in the 60-70 range on band 41 on the west side in the Delhi/Covedale area. This was on Glenway Ave. Tower on N Overlook nearby is putting off band 41.

post-38606-0-23183900-1401726283_thumb.png

• Like 4

I managed to rack up 10GB of data usage last month with that. I'm at 6.5 so far this month and have 15 days left...most of my usage is all Speedtest and Sensorly. But the band 41 speeds are incredible. I consistently get over 50, even with just 1 bar.

• Like 1

Yeah, same here, I'd say 95% of my data usage is Sensorly and Speedtest related.  I know lately, especially yesterday at home in Covington I've been getting some Band41 connections, but not long enough to do a speedtest. I am hoping this means things are ramping up in the area.  Damn, I am still at awe with those speeds you are clocking lol. 

That is incredible. Any one with a band 41 capable device want to check the speeds in the nilles and river part of Fairfield? Anyone know if there is a way to force lte on the s5?

Putting my M8 in LTE only mode I managed to get quite a few speed tests in the 60-70 range on band 41 on the west side in the Delhi/Covedale area. This was on Glenway Ave. Tower on N Overlook nearby is putting off band 41.

Let's hope the speeds are here to stay..I've been waiting 2 years for this lol

I hope so as well. I let go of VZW's lte two months ago and switched to Sprint, so in some ways I did a temporary(at least I hope) downgrade, and I can not tell you how much I miss LTE, so I am hoping it will not be to long before lte and I reunite under Sprint lol. Keep us posted and if you are ever across the river into Covington throw some speedtests this way, I'd like to see where we stand here. 

I hope so as well. I let go of VZW's lte two months ago and switched to Sprint, so in some ways I did a temporary(at least I hope) downgrade, and I can not tell you how much I miss LTE, so I am hoping it will not be to long before lte and I reunite under Sprint lol. Keep us posted and if you are ever across the river into Covington throw some speedtests this way, I'd like to see where we stand here. 

I head into Covington off and on, I'll probably be there in the next week or 2. I'll run some speedtests when I'm there!

• Like 1

That is incredible. Any one with a band 41 capable device want to check the speeds in the nilles and river part of Fairfield? Anyone know if there is a way to force lte on the s5?

There was an in detail thread regarding it a few pages ago...

TL;DR version:

Obtain your MSL number (I called Sprint and told them I wanted to do a factory reset).

Open the phone dialer.

##DATA#

Edit

Enter MSL

Scroll down to MORE.

HDR/1x Selection

LTE Only Mode

OK

Thank you very much! Friend of mine got the s5 recently. He is out of town to Disney right now. I will have him swing over when he gets back and will report back. I have been curious about a supposed spark tower 1/3 mile from my house. Hoping for the best.

For previous wimax only sites are there equipment upgrades to be made or are they currently pushing band 41 on the old gear?

There was an in detail thread regarding it a few pages ago...

TL;DR version:

Obtain your MSL number (I called Sprint and told them I wanted to do a factory reset).

Open the phone dialer.

##DATA#

Edit

Enter MSL

Scroll down to MORE.

HDR/1x Selection

LTE Only Mode

OK

Thank you very much! Friend of mine got the s5 recently. He is out of town to Disney right now. I will have him swing over when he gets back and will report back. I have been curious about a supposed spark tower 1/3 mile from my house. Hoping for the best.

For previous wimax only sites are there equipment upgrades to be made or are they currently pushing band 41 on the old gear?

Thanks a million for the info! Got mine on lte only here behind Sam's here in Florence and am currently picking up Band 41 lte. uploadfromtaptalk1401737281933.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401737281933.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401737311514.jpg

Finally am able to switch my phone to LTE Only, picking up band 41 here in Florence, cant wait to the drive home and see what I can trace.

West Newport and Covington are pretty well covered in Band 41. Did some tracking and speed tests on Sensorly. Can't wait for full deployment! :-)

The band 41 speeds are truly incredible. I mean you can't get those speeds on any other carrier with that weak of a signal. I can get about a -120dbm signal and still manage 8-10 down. Can't wait til all of this is officially deployed and the equipment is fully upgraded

• Like 2

The band 41 speeds are truly incredible. I mean you can't get those speeds on any other carrier with that weak of a signal. I can get about a -120dbm signal and still manage 8-10 down. Can't wait til all of this is officially deployed and the equipment is fully upgraded

You are not kidding! half of the speed tests I did were at one bar or maybe two. Sprint is definitely on a pretty good path here. Seeing all of this does make the wait well worth it. And this is just one band, once band 25 is deployed here, it will be quite nice. I might drive across the river to downtown and see how its shaping up.

Went for a drive through downtown, a mix of band 25 and 41, although mostly 41. The speeds again were quite good for one to two bars. Traced it on Sensorly.

You do realize no one is using the band right now. . Once there is some traffic it will be like the 1900 is now pulling about 1mbps

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1