Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Just saw a guy at the bridgwater and he wasn't in a typical contractors truck, but a black SUV. He was in the new cabinets.

Hopefully LTE will be on sometime today from that tower.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just saw a guy at the bridgwater and he wasn't in a typical contractors truck, but a black SUV. He was in the new cabinets.

Hopefully LTE will be on sometime today from that tower.

Black SUV... the NSA has to install their monitoring hardware before LTE goes live (j/k)

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is the Wasserman tower going to be upgraded? How soon do you think it will be upgraded?

the Wasserman tower is running on updated equipment, just not putting out lte yet.

As nowerlater said, the tower on Wasserman Rd is doing 1x800 so it's running on NV equipment. Bases on when we saw 1x800 on other area towers and when we saw LTE go live, I'm hoping by the end of this week. But I have no real information, just my gut feeling.

• Like 1

As nowerlater said, the tower on Wasserman Rd is doing 1x800 so it's running on NV equipment. Bases on when we saw 1x800 on other area towers and when we saw LTE go live, I'm hoping by the end of this week. But I have no real information, just my gut feeling.

Thanks. I appreciate the information.

Just drove around with Sensorly mapping for the Wasserman Rd tower. Looks like that means every inside the city limits of Hamilton is putting out LTE!

Also did a speed test near McDonald's.

uploadfromtaptalk1393898568605.jpg

• Like 2

I just picked up a g2 yesterday,coming from a evo 4g lte. But i had installed signalcheck pro on the old device and now doesnt show as purchased in the play store :/

But i may have missed it, but does anyone have info on the tower at 7978 beechmont ave? I can post pics later and cant wait to go out after work to try and find some purple

Quick question, my phone keeps reverting back to the other prl and I lose 1x800 any reason for it switching back? Also anybody else not been able to get 3g on the mason West Chester border for the last couple of days?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Black SUV... the NSA has to install their monitoring hardware before LTE goes live (j/k)

Sitting at my desk today i have notice a LTE signal on and off. I am somewhat near the Bridgewater tower. Maybe they are testing signal today?

Sitting at my desk today i have notice a LTE signal on and off. I am somewhat near the Bridgewater tower. Maybe they are testing signal today?

I was able to carry a signal from b Street to right at the bridgewater tower, maybe your grabbing that? But there has been a lot of work going on in those cabinets at Bridgewater

I get the LTE on/off signal occasionally at various locations. Most recently at my house last night. My guess is it's related to CSFB.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

My wild hairy guess is that fluctuations in signal strength let my tri-band phone connect to LTE but suddenly realizes no CSFB and goes back to 3G. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm still learning this technology. Or maybe it is some kind of test.

• Like 1

I get the LTE on/off signal occasionally at various locations. Most recently at my house last night. My guess is it's related to CSFB.

I was able to carry a signal from b Street to right at the bridgewater tower, maybe your grabbing that? But there has been a lot of work going on in those cabinets at Bridgewater

Same here i lose my signal at the by pass as well but i work on Seward rd. My buddy that works with me also was picking up a LTE around 9:00 am this morning. We have note seen a signal since that time. Sprint did an excellent job in Hamilton, i have to say i am impressed.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

My wild hairy guess is that fluctuations in signal strength let my tri-band phone connect to LTE but suddenly realizes no CSFB and goes back to 3G. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm still learning this technology. Or maybe it is some kind of test.

yes it will periodically connect to lte and when it doesn't get the CSFB compatibility signal it disconnects. You can force LTE only and it will stay connected but calls will not go through. I changed mine to cdma only seemed to help with battery drain because of the constant brief switching. also because this is a Samsung market they won't switch CSFB on until majority of the towers have been upgraded.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

yes it will periodically connect to lte and when it doesn't get the CSFB compatibility signal it disconnects. You can force LTE only and it will stay connected but calls will not go through. I changed mine to cdma only seemed to help with battery drain because of the constant brief switching. also because this is a Samsung market they won't switch CSFB on until majority of the towers have been upgraded.

Depends on where your at. I have no problems with eCSFB on my tri band phone. Now I haven't been to Hamilton since they fired up lte so I can't say for sure if it is on there. But if you can connect to lte and you are on tri band phone then eCSFB is working like it should.
  • Like 2

Depends on where your at. I have no problems with eCSFB on my tri band phone. Now I haven't been to Hamilton since they fired up lte so I can't say for sure if it is on there. But if you can connect to lte and you are on tri band phone then eCSFB is working like it should.

have you connected for extended periods with lte on your triband phone? mine won't stay connected in Fairfield.. that's as far east as I go. also no go on Hamilton Ave by 275 and Ronald Regan.. for the non csfb compatible 4g towers your phone will not stay connected

have you connected for extended periods with lte on your triband phone? mine won't stay connected in Fairfield.. that's as far east as I go. also no go on Hamilton Ave by 275 and Ronald Regan.. for the non csfb compatible 4g towers your phone will not stay connected

Everywhere I have been minus Hamilton I connect just fine. I am on lte right now here in Trenton as we speak. Been to Dayton Columbus and have connected while on 75 going to Cincinnati, no problem.

Everywhere I have been minus Hamilton I connect just fine. I am on lte right now here in Trenton as we speak. Been to Dayton Columbus and have connected while on 75 going to Cincinnati, no problem.

I have never gotten my g2 on lte in ohio unless I force it... what phone do you have?

I have never gotten my g2 on lte in ohio unless I force it... what phone do you have?

I just picked up my g2 and get great lte signal near the 275 exit for 125, what part of town are you in?

work in Fairfield and live in the west side so last tower would be Hamilton Ave exit on 275. never switched over... the one on Colerain hasn't been accepted yet that one I can force for band 41 only... else I only get "3g" more like 1x