Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Not to bump a thread just to bump a thread but Im seriously hoping we get another large bump in LTE soon. Id be happy with working 3G as well but beggars cant be choosers.

Come on Sprint! :)

It looks like they are bringing 1x 800 online before the lte bump so there will not be handoff issues like what happened in Chicago.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It looks like they are bringing 1x 800 online before the lte bump so there will not be handoff issues like what happened in Chicago.

Thats fine but with the 2000 prl on the Note IIs wont those devices still have issues till they turn 800 back on?

I just hope the 800mhz rollout is fast.

So how far of a reach do the towers cover? And are they just adding 4g to existing towers, or are they building new ones?

Each tower is different. In rural areas, data coverage can extend 10-15 miles from a site. In an urban area, a site can be set up to cover only a couple blocks.

1x (voice) on 800MHz can reach 20+ miles from a site depending on the setup. 

Sprint is replacing the equipment on existing towers. They are not building any new sites, other than the new ones that have been planned, only a couple or so a month, nationwide. 

i would love to see some love over in northern ky the tower i'm on basically dead for data once they get the 800 band working i'll be connecting to 3 towers right now i just connect to 1 and i'm on the edge of that one but any work in the cincinnati market would be nice 

I am located in Eastgate, right off S.R. 32 before you hit Newtown on the east side of 275. Typically I pick up the base tower from the site on Old 74, but today in Signal check pro my phone is picking up 1x800 from the towers at 1100 McMann Spur 1546 State Route 131, and 1354 Ohio 125. Maybe they are working on the tower on old 74 :)?

Screenshot_2013-09-13-06-21-54_zps4fb0c7Screenshot_2013-09-13-06-05-45_zps39468fScreenshot_2013-09-13-06-06-00_zpsa9ccd2

Does anyone have information on future tower upgrades on the west side of Hamilton?

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Was in the Westside today and was rocking 1x 800 there.

I've been seeing some work done in the Beavercreek/Fairborn area. Specifically on the tower at the N. Fairfield Rd/I-676 intersection. I don't have Sprint anymore so I can't test anything(but this was the tower I used at home according to CDMA field test), but it does look like Sprint finally has boots on the ground in this area.

I saw some work on the tower in the old Bigg's parking lot on Colerain today, similar to the work that's been done on the one in NCH. Keep an eye out for some 4g in that area.  They might be working their way down Cross County.

Have you seen any other work being done in this area? 

I haven't seen any work in my area at all since my last post.  Not even sure if they were starting upgrades to 4G or just routine maintenance.  On a good note, I did call sprint and complained about dropping calls every day on both my lines and got a $15 per line credit.

I was at the Rookwood store several weeks ago where there is an lte tower nearby. They were pretty proud of the fact that they were two months ahead of schedule with the rollout, so maybe they are using that time elsewhere now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

In regards to Dayton, there was a post on the Sprint Community board that read "I have been getting 4g lte in the 45417 zip. So far that's the only zip I've gotten it in".

Looks like Sprints keeping to it's "let's put towers up along the interstates" policy. I wonder when there will be LTE south of Dayton, like in the Kettering, Centerville, Mimaisburg areas?

• Like 1

In regards to Dayton, there was a post on the Sprint Community board that read "I have been getting 4g lte in the 45417 zip. So far that's the only zip I've gotten it in".

Looks like Sprints keeping to it's "let's put towers up along the interstates" policy. I wonder when there will be LTE south of Dayton, like in the Kettering, Centerville, Mimaisburg areas?

Ya south of Dayton would be nice. There are all kinds of towers upgraded around the Dayton mall and along 675, but no LTE love yet.

everyone in the cincy market that has been wondering whats going on why has the progress slowed down so much needs to upgrade to the premier sponsor to see the exciting new news that we got about our area

you sound like my mistress, a complete tease and that's not nice for people lol

Sent from Toledo

you sound like my mistress, a complete tease and that's not nice for people lol

Sent from Toledo

lol its true though the only thing i can say because it has been release by S4GRU is cincinati market has phase 1 LTE band 41 scheduled and phase 2 also. to get more info you need to become a premier sponsor 

• Like 1

lol its true though the only thing i can say because it has been release by S4GRU is cincinati market has phase 1 LTE band 41 scheduled and phase 2 also. to get more info you need to become a premier sponsor 

I believe am halfway to becoming a "Premier Sponsor" - but the closest towers to me in New Paris have new cabinets and that is it.  Is there a time frame in Premier that is accurate?

I believe am halfway to becoming a "Premier Sponsor" - but the closest towers to me in New Paris have new cabinets and that is it.  Is there a time frame in Premier that is accurate?

i'm not able to tell you any more information then i already have but there are more maps in the premier section with more details its well worth becoming a premier sponsor for the ability to see all the info as it comes in not just some of it 

go to the main forum home page in the upper right hand corner you click donate with pay pal and donate a total of 100 dollars if you don't have 100 dollars you can donate anything to become a sponsor everything helps and becoming a sponsor opens up alot of info that you won't get in the member section 

I'd love to become a premier member. But how?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice if some info was shared in the regular sponsors section as well. I am recovering from a heart operation and simply cant afford to pay another 95 dollars. Guess I just have to wait.

Im with him, I cant afford 100 but I did donate to help the cause,  some info would be nice