Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Hello, I'm new here but have been following these posts for a while. I was at the new Kroger in independence today and I lost signal all together on my way there, when I got to Kroger 4G popped up on my phone. It stayed there from Kroger back up 536 towards mt Zion and on my way back home it switched back to 3G. Tonight I went back to upload onto sensorly, but had no 4G. While sitting at home tonight not far from the independence Kroger, my phone is constantly losing service for 15+ minutes at a time. Could this be sprint testing the 4G on the towers.

This could very well be the case I know they have beem woring their way north getting the rual towers first and independence is likly the next to be upgraded along with other towers the tend to do them in clusters when they turn them on

I called the sprint store in independence today off 17, because of continuous outages last night and the guy confirmed the towers were being upgraded to 4G and thats why I was having 0 signal. He also said they were working frok the central hub tower in fort mitchell and going outward. I will keep updating and watching for 4G to go live in my area and I will upload to sensorly as soon as its available

I disagree. Sprint store reps know everything and are at the forefront of the Sprint LTE rollout. When ever I want to know something about when a tower is about to go live, I call my local Sprint store.

Ha.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

There is no number you can call.  There is no one you can call that is going to give you a valid/truthful explanation. Its pretty much why this site exists.

You can call and complain to a csr, but thats not going to change a thing.

csr's and sales reps at stores know little to nothing before a site goes live they only know what sprint officially releases or when a tower goes live they will know that but before hand if you want to know if a tower is getting worked on or real time info go to the tower your self and see if you see someone working on it if you do then check to see if they are working on sprint RRU's if they are then your in luck that tower is getting worked on and you should have new service soon but when it comes to sales reps and csr's knowing anything about what a field tech or a contractor is doing chances are they know little to nothing about that and if they did then they would probably have a gag order or have to sign a contract telling them they can't say anything thats why on here we have confidencial sources that never get named best place to get info is here or go to the site and see if there is a contractor working on them we have 3 contractors working on towers here 2 for the tower upgrades and 1 for the back haul so far as i've seen in boone county kenton county is almost impossible to find permit data cambell county too 

• Like 1

I was joking. He asked where he would go or who he would call to find out the status of towers in the area as a "regular customer". Most "regular customers" would either call Sprint or talk to a sales associate only to be brushed off with no explanation(or an incorrect one). I would find out which tower was having issues and camp there until someone showed up to service it. Maybe then you would get the true answer as to why service is cutting in and out.

• Like 1

I was joking. He asked where he would go or who he would call to find out the status of towers in the area as a "regular customer". Most "regular customers" would either call Sprint or talk to a sales associate only to be brushed off with no explanation(or an incorrect one). I would find out which tower was having issues and camp there until someone showed up to service it. Maybe then you would get the true answer as to why service is cutting in and out.

lol i thought i saw the sarcasim but i couldn't be for sure 

Get great speeds if I'm driving up and down the Highway. .but haven't seen any sign of 4g on the west side of CincinnatiSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk now Free

I did so random driving around yesterday and it seems that all LTE dies West of Hamilton Ave. I live on the west side so I drove down spring Grove to blue rock and lost LTE once I got Knowlton corner in Northside.

I did so random driving around yesterday and it seems that all LTE dies West of Hamilton Ave. I live on the west side so I drove down spring Grove to blue rock and lost LTE once I got Knowlton corner in Northside.

Get great speeds if I'm driving up and down the Highway. .but haven't seen any sign of 4g on the west side of Cincinnati

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk now Free

i hope you guys are putting down purple when you do your driving lol now we just need a few people in northern ky to start driving around looking for new and exciting purple 

i hope you guys are putting down purple when you do your driving lol now we just need a few people in northern ky to start driving around looking for new and exciting purple 

My goal was to find some new signals, but unfortunately I wasn't able to add any color to the maps.  I think our market may be upgrade dormant for a little while.  Hopefully the new tri band devices will give us some more speed sooner rather than later.

My goal was to find some new signals, but unfortunately I wasn't able to add any color to the maps.  I think our market may be upgrade dormant for a little while.  Hopefully the new tri band devices will give us some more speed sooner rather than later.

i don't think that is the case i've seen new purple popping up in northern ky i'm sure they are still working on cincy 

• Like 1

I find it interesting how LTE is popping up throughout the state as a whole. Columbus was the first city to have LTE... then all of a sudden, it got extremely quiet here. Then the Cincinnati/Dayton market started popping up. Then it slowed down dramatically. Then the Cleveland market picked up steam. Then it stopped. Now the Columbus market again is rocking. Compare the Sensorly map from two week ago to the Sensorly map now and you see significant changes. 

Best advice I can give you all down in Cincinnati is to stay patient. It's frustrating but it'll be worth it in the long run. I live in Columbus but work in Washington Court House. WCH went 1x800 last week and it is a huge difference in call quality and data speeds... not to mention one of the towers down there is now broadcasting 4G,

I would imagine the Cincinnati/Dayton market is a little more difficult than the Columbus Market because of the terrain down there. I'm sure that they are busting @$$ to get it done before it gets too cold.

Sidenote: I'm a little surprised with the interest...or lack there of.... in the Nati market. *scratches head* There is a good amount of ground work taking place in the Columbus market by S4GRU members spotting out new cabinets, verifying LTE, verifying 1x800 and so forth. I follow the Cincinnati thread because I am down there a lot and am just as interested in 4G here as I am with Columbus. For the sponsors that are interested in seeing the groundwork that Columbus members are doing, look at this thread... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

I am still picking up sporatic 4G signals here in independence ky. Ive also been been up loading to sensorly when I do pick up a signal. Ive noticed though that the website of sensorly is updating quicker then the app. I was even picking up 4G yesterday at the kenton county fair grounds and the more random signals. I will keep uploading when I see 4G though

• Like 1

I find it interesting how LTE is popping up throughout the state as a whole. Columbus was the first city to have LTE... then all of a sudden, it got extremely quiet here. Then the Cincinnati/Dayton market started popping up. Then it slowed down dramatically. Then the Cleveland market picked up steam. Then it stopped. Now the Columbus market again is rocking. Compare the Sensorly map from two week ago to the Sensorly map now and you see significant changes. 

Best advice I can give you all down in Cincinnati is to stay patient. It's frustrating but it'll be worth it in the long run. I live in Columbus but work in Washington Court House. WCH went 1x800 last week and it is a huge difference in call quality and data speeds... not to mention one of the towers down there is now broadcasting 4G,

I would imagine the Cincinnati/Dayton market is a little more difficult than the Columbus Market because of the terrain down there. I'm sure that they are busting @$$ to get it done before it gets too cold.

Sidenote: I'm a little surprised with the interest...or lack there of.... in the Nati market. *scratches head* There is a good amount of ground work taking place in the Columbus market by S4GRU members spotting out new cabinets, verifying LTE, verifying 1x800 and so forth. I follow the Cincinnati thread because I am down there a lot and am just as interested in 4G here as I am with Columbus. For the sponsors that are interested in seeing the groundwork that Columbus members are doing, look at this thread... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

yeah the Columbus thread has some dedicated peeps for sure. Cincinnati is more wait and see. i would love to be making one of those maps. But I've never made one before and don't know where to start 

Ugh. I agree. I drop so many calls in Colerain it's ridiculous and you can't use data anywhere. I'm so close to switching to Verizon.

West side is one of the worst areas..anything near colerain ave is practically dead. Might as well be 1x

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk