Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Ugh. I agree. I drop so many calls in Colerain it's ridiculous and you can't use data anywhere. I'm so close to switching to Verizon.

And when you roam onto Verizon they do not have a 3g agreement so you only get 1x....its a loss both ways..go down one exit on Ronald Regan and there is 4g.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

And when you roam onto Verizon they do not have a 3g agreement so you only get 1x....its a loss both ways..go down one exit on Ronald Regan and there is 4g.....

That's incorrect. Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements that include Verizon 3g. You can force your phone to use Verizon 3g using a modified PRL.

Sent from my SM-N900P on The NOW(wait....OK now) Network

That's incorrect. Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements that include Verizon 3g. You can force your phone to use Verizon 3g using a modified PRL.

I would like to agree with you but...I have tried this and yes in Fairfield I get Verizon 3g as soon as I get to Colerain Ave it goes to 1x and stays that way till I leave and go east.

The 4g one exit down is great if you live there... but now every time my phone picks up 4g I drop a call that I'm on. It's just tough when you have numerous work calls coming in a day and you have to explain to the person first that the call will most likely be dropped so I'll call them back if so. I understand that service gets worse before it gets better... but we are talking about years of bad service in Colerain. Not just a few months. 

I drop calls every morning on my way to work in Milford, 275 & 28.  No 4g, barely any 3g and dropped calls every single day.  Its been like that for about 3 or 4 months now with no improvement.  I don't know how long it takes to upgrade a tower or whatever they are doing but this is ridiculous.  Sounds more like a downgrade, not upgrade.

• Like 1

Sprint definitely has dead zones through out the city.  I know there is one on Queen City Ave that has been pretty consistent for the past DECADE (and I am not exaggerating).  Right at the intersection of Queen City and Sunset there is an ancient Sprint burial ground... Only a few calls have ever made it out alive LOL

• Like 1

Sprint definitely has dead zones through out the city.  I know there is one on Queen City Ave that has been pretty consistent for the past DECADE (and I am not exaggerating).  Right at the intersection of Queen City and Sunset there is an ancient Sprint burial ground... Only a few calls have ever made it out alive LOL

Hopefully 1x800 fixes these holes. I surely hope they do here in Columbus.

Yesterday I noticed that a new 150' pole was put up at 3226 Omni Drive in Eastgate. The site was on the same property as the current sprint tower for this area. I did some digging around and found some news that earlier this year crown castle, who is the company that owns that site, proposed to replace the existing tower earlier this year. Hopefully this means they will begin network vision for the new site now that they just put the new pole up. This is the link where I found info about replacing the existing tower http://clermontsun.com/2013/04/06/public-notices-for-april-4-2013/

Does anyone know how long it typically will take to put up a new tower and have it running?

Sidenote: I'm a little surprised with the interest...or lack there of.... in the Nati market. *scratches head* There is a good amount of ground work taking place in the Columbus market by S4GRU members spotting out new cabinets, verifying LTE, verifying 1x800 and so forth. I follow the Cincinnati thread because I am down there a lot and am just as interested in 4G here as I am with Columbus. For the sponsors that are interested in seeing the groundwork that Columbus members are doing, look at this thread... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

I honestly didn't know a community like this existed until I stumbled upon this site a few months ago.  Its funny because when I first started looking at the maps of local towers I was surprised to see the locations of some of them.  There is one at the end of my block that I have walked or driven by AT LEAST 1000x and have never looked up.

And this site has made me feel like a complete dummy.  I now notice towers all over the place that I was completely oblivious to before.  There is one in particular that I remember looking at about a year ago and saying to myself "what the hell is that?" and then shrugging it off as an unsolved mystery.

But I plan on becoming more involved and sharing more information when I come across it.

• Like 3

I have a question. If im connected to 3g why does the lte enginerring screen in service mode say that I am connected?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

your RSRP is at -131 anything over 115ish is not usable and your phone will default back to the stronger signal 

Found some guys working on the tower on factory drive in Fairfield. Quite a few carriers on that tower, so I hope it's Sprint.

Just got confirmation on 1x 800 on the west side of Hamilton. Connection unusually unstable at the moment. Maybe their upgrading?

Meanwhile, downtown you can hear crickets chirping.  I can't wait till they roll it out here, I will be the only one on it.  There can't be many people suffering through this anymore.

Legitimate dumb question: Those of you seeing 800mhz, I thought you needed triband for that, but no phones are available yet?  What don't I understand about 800 signals?

The new Miami site has been broadcasting 800 for a few weeks.

This is 800 voice, not lte. You need triband only for 800 lte. Most phones have been able to do 800 voice for a while.

The new Miami site has been broadcasting 800 for a few weeks.

This is 800 voice, not lte. You need triband only for 800 lte. Most phones have been able to do 800 voice for a while.

Gotcha. I realized it was only voice but it's the first time I've seen 1x800 in this area. Hopefully the work you've noticed is for the Sprint network.

So I decided to check out a few more towers around Hamilton, Fairfield and Liberty Fairfield. Only the towers I posted pics of have work crews at them. I check the towers on:

Seward Rd near Rt. 4,

129 & Byp 4,

Lesourdsville West Chester near Hamilton Mason,

Princeton Rd near 747,

Wasserman Rd in Hamilton,

Dixie Hwy in Hamilton

and North 3rd St @ Cohen Recyclers in Hamilton.

No sign of work at any of those towers.

So I decided to check out a few more towers around Hamilton, Fairfield and Liberty Fairfield. Only the towers I posted pics of have work crews at them. I check the towers on:

Seward Rd near Rt. 4,

129 & Byp 4,

Lesourdsville West Chester near Hamilton Mason,

Princeton Rd near 747,

Wasserman Rd in Hamilton,

Dixie Hwy in Hamilton

and North 3rd St @ Cohen Recyclers in Hamilton.

No sign of work at any of those towers.

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully we see some progress soon.

I've been getting 1x800 on and off in Trenton for a few weeks now. I believe the signal holds through Monroe to a bit of 741 south. I havent followed the cell site number too closely though.

Today I picked up 1x800 at Kings Island for a few minutes but it disappeared.

Tonight in Trenton, I am back to 1xrtt with ehrpd.