Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

On my way to work this morning I picked up a 4G signal between Hamilton Mason rd. and Tylersville rd. while driving down By pass 4. Hamilton, OH finally getting some love. Sprint GS3.

how strong was the signal cause that is really close to the edge of the tower we already know about if you were getting a strong signal then you found a new tower that has come online 

Thank you for the information.

If you get any additional information for the Dayton, OH area, please let us know.

I posted this in the Columbus topic figured Id do the same here,

OK, starting this morning, Monday, Aug 28, 2013, LTE live, active and fast in Dayton from Troy St. and Needmore Road to 75 and Needmore Road.

After being promised that we'd have 4G in Dayton by the first quarter or 2010, we're finally getting 4g in Dayton!!!

how strong was the signal cause that is really close to the edge of the tower we already know about if you were getting a strong signal then you found a new tower that has come online 

Sorry it took so long, I wanted to investigate a little more. I must have been getting a weak signal because I haven't picked it up since. Today at work I have not had a cellular signal all day, my phone has been roaming all day, so I'm hoping they are doing some more work in this area. I work on Seward rd. between Symmes and Port Union. I will keep you posted.

My tower (US50 & SR133) which is about 4 miles east of Owensville is getting some upgrades I believe.  There have been work crews out there every eveneing for the past 3 days.  They were running new cable up to the top yesterday.  I have always had prefect 3G service so I believe this might be the upgrade to LTE and not repair.  I get 2.5 megs down on 3G all day long on that tower,

I am in Trenton and connected to 800 on my HTC One. I have no idea what this means for me but Signal Check says 1X 800 and EV-DO.

:D

It means that they are starting to turn on the NV equipment on the tower.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The tower closest to my house is on 125 just west of Amelia.  It has been shutdown since last Wednesday.  Late yesterday afternoon I talked to a guy who was packing gear back into his crane at the base of the tower, he told me that the upgrade to LTE was all done and the tower should be on shortly...

Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

So how far of a reach do the towers cover? And are they just adding 4g to existing towers, or are they building new ones?

I'm connected to a tower that is 10 miles away from my current location. I can go out more and still maintain service as long as its 1x 800

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I can confirm solid LTE around the tri-county mall area.  Bought the wife a GS4 on Wednesday at BB and had good signal.  Also, the test phones at the Sprint store (at least the couple that I played with) were showing 4G on Monday in Tri-County.  Signal is up and down at my home near the cross streets of RT. 4 and Mulhauser....I'll get the sensorly app on her phone and play around this weekend.  My GS2 has shown a little improvement in reception at my home as well in the past couple of weeks.  Just waiting on the GN3 before I upgrade my line.

SNOW

ohh yeaaa!!!!! sprint 4g lte is fired up in dayton ohio. i can confirm this. it is only at 3240 speed but hey better than nothing.. thank you sprint!

for you no believers if i have to i will upload a pic for you.

i too have a very improved signal in my house now and outside. i had to use airave for 2 years. turned it off this morn and boom 4g with almost full bars of service.

excited here in dayton!

sorry bout post, i didnt see that you guys already confirmed dayton.. 

anyway i am on troy st around stanley also. i think i am getting 4g from the tower near needmore rd and brant pk (rt.201)

Edited by slreno
  • Like 1

nope signal seems to get stronger towards stanley ave.. must be tower just south of leo st before downtown dayton..

hmmm after looking a bit it looks like the upgrade tower is at keowee st and troy st area. just got info from sprint that one tower around me is 4g running and 2 others are getting vision as we speak. 

Edited by slreno

nope signal seems to get stronger towards stanley ave.. must be tower just south of leo st before downtown dayton..

hmmm after looking a bit it looks like the upgrade tower is at keowee st and troy st area. just got info from sprint that one tower around me is 4g running and 2 others are getting vision as we speak.

The tower you are connecting to is the one at Wagner ford and 75

The tower you are connecting to is the one at Wagner ford and 75

thank you for the info..

the other 2 at needmoore and brandt and the one at webster and keowee must be the 2 getting the vision upgrades.. signal going to be nice around here now :)