Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

hey guys just joined this forum and i wanted to contribute to mapping the 4g network.

I know ive received 4g LTE in El Señorial mall next to the PR-52 Expressway and I have some questions regarding LTE mapping with Sensorly. How does it work? I know last time i used it i clicked on "Map Trip" and I got some 4g LTE points on my trip and when i submitted it i didnt really see an update on the map right away.

Also: How does Sprint's LTE work? Say: Im currently in an area that i KNOW has LTE but i see the 3g icon. I have to go ahead and do a PRL update and Profile update to be able to see 4g or switch the phone to airplane mode then back and it finally locks on to LTE. Same thing when i know there are two LTE spots right next to the other.

For example i go from El Señorial to PR-844 where i Live and i know theres 4g in both places with some 3g in between. During my trip 4g drops and then it wont resume when im near my house at the 844 street. Like i mentioned, i have to update PRL or airplane mode the phone for it to pick up the 4g :x Im guessing because were still in the test phase.

Updating your profile/PRL doesn't do anything (other than forcing a rescan, which you can do via airplane mode). What is happening is your phone scans for 4G in regular intervals (say 30 to 60 seconds). If you drop down to 3G, it won't rescan for 4G right away. When you toggle airplane mode, you are forcing the phone to scan for LTE.

The way sprint is deploying LTE is putting up sites as soon as they are ready, so you have coverage gaps. As time goes on, coverage will continue to get better and better.

As Sprint has 4G LTE installed, some sites go live, go back down for some maintenance, come back up, etc. It's sort of annoying but at the same time, wouldn't you rather have some LTE vs. no LTE at all? I think Sprint is doing a great job in PR.

• Like 4

Yeah just got home in San german and I have LTE!

post-5497-1359410970821_thumb.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Im having a bit of trouble at home..... 3G has improved but im not sure where im i connected to and if the sites i connect to at home are transmitting LTE

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Here is what im talking about....

sajyba4u.jpg

I mean... i dont live that far away from that site.... And i think its on LTE... So why my poor signal at home... :unsure:

Here is what im talking about....

sajyba4u.jpg

I mean... i dont live that far away from that site.... And i think its on LTE... So why my poor signal at home... :unsure:

NetMonitor does not show LTE site connection locations. Ever.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know robert but it shows which tower I'm connected to......i tried to check the upgrades on the sponsors forum but on both browsers it kind of resets my phone and sends it back to the main page..... So i haven't been able to check if that tower is on LTE....

I know robert but it shows which tower I'm connected to......i tried to check the upgrades on the sponsors forum but on both browsers it kind of resets my phone and sends it back to the main page..... So i haven't been able to check if that tower is on LTE....

It doesn't show which LTE site you're connected to. It shows which 1x site you're connected to. If you are connected to the same 1x and LTE site, it is a coincidence. NetMonitor will never disclose which LTE site you're connected to.

That being said, the site SE of the Mall is active.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Right now I'm at Mayagüez mall connected to 200 17026 but when at home...(about 3/4 mile) i connect to 200 17027 is it possible that although they are on the same site.... One panel transmit LTE and the other one not?

No, Guaynabo.. Sorry forgot to mention.

My parents live in Carolina.

Few days back got lte at plaza guaynabo and los baez near macdonalds. You are at downtown? Also in my home once had lte from upr bayamon wich its not near.. behind willis pinchos was a site before and now it does not appear anywhere could have been taken out?

Few days back got lte at plaza guaynabo and los baez near macdonalds. You are at downtown? Also in my home once had lte from upr bayamon wich its not near.. behind willis pinchos was a site before and now it does not appear anywhere could have been taken out?

I live near the McDonald's in las cumbres ave.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I've heard they are starting work in St. Thomas. I've asked for more info to create an In Progress list. I don't make requests of sources often. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 4

I've heard they are starting work in St. Thomas. I've asked for more info to create an In Progress list. I don't make requests of sources often. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yeah, the other day I was on the phone with tech support for an unrelated issue, not sure what level he was but definitely not one of the clueless ones. While waiting for the separate issue to get resolved, I asked a random network vision question which seemed to get his attention. Anyway after a 10 minute conversation about any and everything network vision he did say that work is suppose to be ongoing in St.Thomas from what he could tell(FWIW). In the last week or two, service performance on the island has hit an all time low so I don't know if it is network vision related or not, only time will tell.