Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

There's a big Sprint store in San Patricio, how about some LTE there please? ;) At least 3G seems to be improved, had been unusable during lunch rush and whatnot. I use Claro's Wifi there for the most part but I dunno how long I'll have access to that if I end up switching ISP at home.

There's a big Sprint store in San Patricio, how about some LTE there please? ;) At least 3G seems to be improved, had been unusable during lunch rush and whatnot. I use Claro's Wifi there for the most part but I dunno how long I'll have access to that if I end up switching ISP at home.

Theres a loophole in order to use claro wifi for free. When the login screen appears just click register enter random info and it will work. Hell, I'm a Claro customer and have never bothered to get my username and password since I have not needed it. :)

• Like 1

After a few days of bad signal everything start to work pretty well including LTE. Today I woke up and find out that theres no LTE again. No eHRPD...

Can someone confirm if they are receiving LTE from this site...

y3y5a4ep.jpg

da3u8upy.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

the antenna that gives service to the store 8ts evdo reva .. has been improved because its not so loaded but still old service.. in front of longhorn ive pickrd up 4g and in the burger king outside also but randomly. I WORK AT THAT STORE
  • Like 1

Hah, nice, I've probably seen you at some point then. Is the whole mall fed from the same antenna? Can't say I've seen LTE at the BK yet and I eat there maybe once a week. I'm now getting LTE consistently outside my house tho, but signal's fairly weak, -110dBm or higher...

No clue what site I'm being served from, still good for a consistent 0.5Mb down/up tho. This is in Tintillo, right over the Buchanan hill (literally, pretty deep into Tintillo, right before the hill that separates us from the base).

Edit: I'm not complaining btw, max bandwith may be crap but it still feels way more responsive than EVDO as far as basic browsing, I'm pumped for the progress they're making and can't wait until closer sites are added.

post-10354-0-31464700-1360621981_thumb.png

Edited by Impulse

Its awesome because theres a sprint store there :P Now people can test LTE there before buying a phone.

That's not the reason. in the back of the shell, there's a condo have sprint antennas on the roof.

Just look at the sprint map and see 5 data speed upgrade for St.Croix vi. Will be checking if any increase in data speed in various places today.

Yes, I heard the 3G has been called for inspection already. They are working in St. Thomas too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

in plaza carolina, outside & inside, marks 4g, i see in a customer iphone 5 the lte, and i switch my evo to lte/cdma y appear the lte, all day long. i work in RS.

it was tuesday.

Yep.. 4G inside..

There is better coverage on second floor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yes, I heard the 3G has been called for inspection already. They are working in St. Thomas too.

I sure hope so, I am heading back down that way in a few days.

I sure hope so, I am heading back down that way in a few days.

The St. Croix sites are ready for 3G inspection. The St. Thomas sites were in the dispatch report yesterday, so they have either started or will be very soon. Oddly, the sole St. John site wasn't included in either batch. It may actually be a part of one or the other. Or may be last on its own.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The St. Croix sites are ready for 3G inspection. The St. Thomas sites were in the dispatch report yesterday, so they have either started or will be very soon. Oddly, the sole St. John site wasn't included in either batch. It may actually be a part of one or the other. Or may be last on its own.

I can't wait, I will jump for joy once I see that 4g symbol light up on my phone.

• Like 2

Is anyone having dropped call issues this week at isla verde? Unusable service, dropped calls, missed calls people telling me that they can't get thru, late messaging... Is it the service or the phone (gs3) already resetted device to factory settings.

Anyone???

Edited by juanchos

Robert,do you know if they are using GMO in St.Croix or are they installing thr radio up top. I've try to get close to a couple of sites but its hard to see whats taking place. These sights are on top of mountains

Is anyone having dropped call issues this week at isla verde? Unusable service, dropped calls, missed calls people telling me that they can't get thru, late messaging... Is it the service or the phone (gs3) already resetted device to factory settings.

Anyone???

Yes.. at the airport you cannot get past one minute on a call.

And sometimes you cannot even make the call.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Robert,do you know if they are using GMO in St.Croix or are they installing thr radio up top. I've try to get close to a couple of sites but its hard to see whats taking place. These sights are on top of mountains

As far as I know, there are no GMO sites in PR/VI. None appear on our GMO maps.

• Like 1

So basically anything that's not officially announced is just undergoing testing? It's just that I get LTE at home and during my commute to work every day early in the morning but there is never any LTE available in any of the spots I've mapped in the morning when I drive back past 6PM. This is in Carretera 849 from Rio Piedras to Saint Just.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So basically anything that's not officially announced is just undergoing testing? It's just that I get LTE at home and during my commute to work every day early in the morning but there is never any LTE available in any of the spots I've mapped in the morning when I drive back past 6PM. This is in Carretera 849 from Rio Piedras to Saint Just.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

it's safe to assume that... let's remember that the buildout in the Metro area hasn't been completed yet